PDA

View Full Version : GT Thunder MX link

Pipeless416
01-19-2009, 05:32 PM
hey all, just looking for some feedback from anybody that has a GT Thunder mx link on their 400. is it a necessity to run a gtt revalved rear, or will just the link help out some? im not a huge jumping person, i just want the rear end to stop bucking so much over whoops. i know a gtt revalve/respring along with the link is the way to go, but money is kind of a concern, and i think i can get my hands on a link. thanks in advance.

drew416ex
01-19-2009, 08:20 PM
I dont know how it would work without a revalve. I got the whole setup and it works awesome. Email them and ask, they respond pretty quickly to your questions. Usually within a day. Tell them what you plan on doing with it and what style of riding, your weight, and if you have a stock or aftermarket swinger.

Ntensweapon
01-19-2009, 08:55 PM
Have you tried softening it up? I took a some compression and rebound out of mine. Its real good now.

Pipeless416
01-19-2009, 09:41 PM
yep, ive messed with all the settings and got it almost where i want it, but im wondering if there are any advantages to running just the link. thanks for the input guys. i might just go for it and try it out if the price is right.

400Trooper
01-19-2009, 10:10 PM
I have the mx link with the revalved shock, I'm with drew416ex it is awesome. You will definately get more travel out of the link, but alot has to do with your weight, riding style, etc! It couldn't hurt!
Honestly IMO save up a bit and do the rear shock/link all at once.

dustin_j
01-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by Pipeless416
yep, ive messed with all the settings and got it almost where i want it, but im wondering if there are any advantages to running just the link. thanks for the input guys. i might just go for it and try it out if the price is right.

pm sent.

Thanks,
Dustin

02-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Do you gotta run 18" wheels for the MX link like their website says?

02-01-2009, 09:36 AM
Originally posted by SuicideMFNdoors
Do you gotta run 18" wheels for the MX link like their website says?

nope, the MX requires just a minimum 18" tires while the XC requires a minimum 20". This is because the XC setup and 18" tires throws off when the shocks bottom out and your frame will hit before the shocks bottom. Laz sets them up so the frame is 1.5" off the ground at full hard bottoming out. So if you have 20" tires and it bottoms out 1.5" off the ground 18" tires lower the quad 2".

02-01-2009, 01:32 PM
That makes sense.. I was just making sure cause when Im not riding on a track Im still riding alot of jumps and such. So most of the times I have 20 inchers on the rear.