PDA

View Full Version : 95' Polaris Trailblazer won't go into gear

ridered1991
01-19-2009, 04:43 PM
I wanted to fix it so I have something to drift around on in the winter. It just grind when you try to put it into gear instead of clicking in and is stuck in neutral. It probably needs a transmission but I'm not sure, I know nothing about the automatic drive systems.

ridered1991
01-22-2009, 06:01 PM
BWOOP!

CSR400EX
01-22-2009, 09:59 PM
is it idling too high?? most polaris automatics will not go into gear if its idling a bit too high. you can try to turn it down and see if that does it

BancheeFew
01-23-2009, 06:27 AM
There could be something in the transmition like a chunk of mud

powderider87
01-23-2009, 10:00 PM
I would'nt think there could be a chunk of mud in your tranny..... do you have to pull in the brake when you shift? if so make sure that your brake is pulling in far enough to let this happen, maybe adjust it at the lever.

wilkin250r
01-25-2009, 02:24 AM
The Neutral/Forward/Reverse gear selection is seperate from the "transmission".

The Polaris engine is just that, an engine. No transmission, gears, nothing. The crank is fed directly out the side to a belt and set of pulleys, which then applies power to a completely seperate gearcase. Inside that gearcase, which is completely separate from the engine and crank, is the forward and reverse selection.

CSR400EX is right, it won't go in gear if it's revving too high. Try changing gears while the engine is off. If it still won't go in gear, your problem is in that secondary gearcase.