PDA

View Full Version : WI riders?

iflyhigh122
01-19-2009, 04:33 PM
Anyone run trails in Southeast WI? I live in oak creek and always like new people and places to ride.

Imagineurnation
01-19-2009, 05:50 PM
The only trails over by you is the Bong recreational area am I right?

honda400ex2003
02-08-2009, 09:49 PM
i ride in Northern if you are ever up near tomahawk or harrison hills. I live in Tomahawk. Look me up, steve

beags86
02-09-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by Imagineurnation
The only trails over by you is the Bong recreational area am I right?

where abouts do you ride? i just south of monroe, wis

iflyhigh122- pm you, still looking to sell your 400?

alanauclair
02-09-2009, 11:23 PM
i am a newb riding a 05 400ex. I live in western WI. New Richmond, WI if anyone knows where that is. Would be great to hook up with someone to ride some trails with and maybe lear a little from you more expiernced riders

iflyhigh122
02-10-2009, 08:56 AM
I ride bong only when I don't have a lot of time otherwise I ride some leased land near Denmark and go up to Tigerton. I want to find somthing closer.

beags86 pmed

beags86
02-10-2009, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by iflyhigh122
I ride bong only when I don't have a lot of time otherwise I ride some leased land near Denmark and go up to Tigerton. I want to find somthing closer.

beags86 pmed

whats up in tigerton? trails? mx?

Imagineurnation
02-10-2009, 07:38 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beags86
[B]where abouts do you ride? i just south of monroe, wis

I ve been Ice racing thru the winter but in the summer I go too Dyracuse, Black river falls, or if I get some extra time I head up to the U.P. but ive been too those sweet trails over by you too those are my favorite. LOL

beags86
02-10-2009, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Imagineurnation
[QUOTE]Originally posted by beags86
[B]where abouts do you ride? i just south of monroe, wis

I ve been Ice racing thru the winter but in the summer I go too Dyracuse, Black river falls, or if I get some extra time I head up to the U.P. but ive been too those sweet trails over by you too those are my favorite. LOL

i am not familiar with dyracuse. i go to black river falls, and hey the cheese county trails are good for a family, or someone that likes the views or an inexperienced rider.

bergoff
02-11-2009, 01:53 PM
phillips wi is a great place to ride. black river falls is great to. i live in freeport il and looking for some new people to ride with. this is my first quad. i traded my crf450 for a 02 400ex. this forum is awesome and very helpful.

BuB400
02-11-2009, 02:47 PM
There is another Wisconsin riders thread on here also. Check it out.

beags86
02-11-2009, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by bergoff
phillips wi is a great place to ride. black river falls is great to. i live in freeport il and looking for some new people to ride with. this is my first quad. i traded my crf450 for a 02 400ex. this forum is awesome and very helpful.

freeport huh, i live in dakota, please tell me you know where that is because i have met some people from freeport that don't know where dakota is. i ride a 02 400 as well, did you buy it from FHK?

beags86
02-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by BuB400
There is another Wisconsin riders thread on here also. Check it out.

pm sent

bergoff
02-12-2009, 11:07 AM
yeah i know where dakota is. i actually traded my 02 crf450r even up for it. i love to ride bikes but my son is 4 and rides a 50 and i couldn't ride with him. i have a friend that has about 200 acres by the cheese county trails that we ride on alot.

beags86
02-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by bergoff
yeah i know where dakota is. i actually traded my 02 crf450r even up for it. i love to ride bikes but my son is 4 and rides a 50 and i couldn't ride with him. i have a friend that has about 200 acres by the cheese county trails that we ride on alot.

so you want to go out riding sometime when its a bit warmer?

bergoff
02-18-2009, 07:22 PM
get warmer? i was out on sunday and rode for about 4 hours. what kind of riding do you do. track, trails or woods. it was just to cold to wash the 400 after i was done. its totally covered with mud. and a blast. my friend was jumping his 4x4 with a plow still on it. and then he rolled it doing donuts. he didn't get hurt but was funny.

rcpd_outlaw
02-19-2009, 08:00 AM
It's not around here but a buddy of mine and I are doing a trip to the Badlands in Indiana at the end of March if anyone wants to head down there for the weekend and ride. We are planning on camping all weekend to get the season started.

We usually hit up the Ki Tracks in Oregon, Il, Cheese trails, Blackriver Falls, rocky Glen OHV park here in Rockford, The Cliffs Insane Terrain and Fox Valley.

beags86
02-19-2009, 05:59 PM
bergoff.... i ride a bit everynight afterwork, just want to be warmer if i were to go somewhere for an enjoyable ride..

not really much of a racer, would like to be but my wallets not that big and i'm prob not that good. been rideing a long time but that don't mean sh_t. i ride the cheese trails alot and i used to ride a large woods just north of juda, wis. but i have lost contact with the guy i went with, (coworker...quit job, moved) i would love to ride some woods again. right now i just mess around in fields, and a old stone qarry

beags86
02-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by rcpd_outlaw
It's not around here but a buddy of mine and I are doing a trip to the Badlands in Indiana at the end of March if anyone wants to head down there for the weekend and ride. We are planning on camping all weekend to get the season started.

We usually hit up the Ki Tracks in Oregon, Il, Cheese trails, Blackriver Falls, rocky Glen OHV park here in Rockford, The Cliffs Insane Terrain and Fox Valley.

been to blackriver...planing a trip end of may... cheese trails..check... ki tracks, i always thought i would be to slow to bother....rocky glen i heard sucked, i might check it off this yr. and i am going to the cliff sometime this summer... and never heard of fox valley.... since you have been to these places, whats the skinny???

rcpd_outlaw
02-20-2009, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by beags86
been to blackriver...planing a trip end of may... cheese trails..check... ki tracks, i always thought i would be to slow to bother....rocky glen i heard sucked, i might check it off this yr. and i am going to the cliff sometime this summer... and never heard of fox valley.... since you have been to these places, whats the skinny???

I have only been riding for a year, and at Ki tracks I was slow but it was still fun. It gets a little competitive but thats how you learn. I like it up there a lot, and there is a camp ground not far away, Lake Ladonna, that has a nice lake and camp sites to chill out if you wanna make a weekend out of it. The people at Ki take really good care of the track and groom it daily.

rocky glen is kinda lame, but its not bad for a day trip, since its only a few minutes from the house. They are working on making it better, but they really don't know how to groom or build an mx track. Not a lot of trails to ride, so it gets old after about a couple of hours of riding.

Fox Valley is pretty nice. Its a good size park with a little bit of everything to offer. Definatley worth checking out, as is the Insane Cliffs.

I would definatly try Ki Tracks. Its a little intimidating at first, but a few rounds around the track and you will be hooked. This summer we are planning a few weekend camping trips there, as well as many day trips as we can make.

quadfamof6
02-21-2009, 11:13 AM
anyone ever camped along the cheese co trails? having a lot of trouble finding campgrounds that we can ride from

bergoff
02-21-2009, 02:54 PM
there is a small campground in gratiot. they have a gas station and 4 bars. and they grounds are right on off of the trail.

bergoff
02-22-2009, 08:07 PM
i talked to a friend that still lives in gratiot. he said to call murf's bar and grill. the owner will know who runs it. and they have a great burger also. i think that tent camping is 10 and camper is 20. but don't hold me to it. pm me if you are having a hard time finding his no. i can get it for you.

TRXRacer1
02-22-2009, 08:18 PM
There's good camping in Darlington too.