PDA

View Full Version : 300ex vs warrior

beags86
01-19-2009, 03:42 PM
hey guys, looking for some opinions on the 300ex and/or warrior. i want to buy one of these quads for my girlfriend to ride with me. i have a 400ex so it needs to keep up with that. has some stuff, no stocker. i would be putting a pipe, air filter and prob jet whichever one i end up getting. price will be a factor as well, but i am pretty much all honda type of guy, but right now i just want to get her something she can handle to get her seat time so she can have my 400ex and i can get a 450, she's 5'7" 130lbs. tell me which one would be better.

trail rideing thanks brian

chadbarger18
01-19-2009, 03:49 PM
the 300 is a great bike the warrior is great to the 300 is a tad faster stock but it feels a little bit more tippy the warrior weighs more or it feels like it does but there about even in my book can go wrong with either one

01-19-2009, 04:13 PM
Warrior: Slightly faster than the 300ex. Super reliable. I see warriors all the time that have been beat to hell since 1989 and still on the original bore. Feel's kind of tankish like very stable, but heavy feeling. Great rear suspension. Horrendous front suspension. Good option if you want something peppy, and super reliable that's really cheap.

300EX: Suspension, as basic as it is, is lightyears ahead of the 300ex. Soft and excellent for trail riding. Sometimes too soft if she likes to jump a lot. Power not quite as much as the warrior but none of these quads are speed freaks. Comfortable ergonomics and almost just as reliable as the warrior.

For her size, I would have to say 300ex because of the suspension package.

beags86
01-19-2009, 04:46 PM
which one will keep up with my 400 better? i would guess the warrior, but what if i have a pipe and jet kit and airfilter on the 300?

i know you can put 400ex arms on the 300? how much would that help?

what about banshee shocks on the warrior?? how much would that help??

also which quad is cheaper on parts and easy to make cooler and mod? i am a welder by trade and rather mech. inclined so i can and like to make alot of lowbuck mods, the ones that help alot and i spend more time then money.
which quad is better for those type of mods?

she's ready to ride, just bought a bell moto8 helment, but she still wants to look cool, and i don't mind either;)

01-19-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by beags86
which one will keep up with my 400 better? i would guess the warrior, but what if i have a pipe and jet kit and airfilter on the 300?

i know you can put 400ex arms on the 300? how much would that help?

what about banshee shocks on the warrior?? how much would that help??

also which quad is cheaper on parts and easy to make cooler and mod? i am a welder by trade and rather mech. inclined so i can and like to make alot of lowbuck mods, the ones that help alot and i spend more time then money.
which quad is better for those type of mods?

she's ready to ride, just bought a bell moto8 helment, but she still wants to look cool, and i don't mind either;)

The warrior will keep up with the 400ex slightly better. Even if the 300 and warrior had the same mods.

400ex arms do bolt up to the 300ex, and make it wider and handle better.

Banshee shocks are better than the warriors but still not great. A modified yfz shock would probably work better.

They're both pretty cheap to get parts for.

I cant really help there

beags86
01-19-2009, 06:25 PM
well does anyone know what lowbuck and easy mods (like the a-arms on the 300) to help either machine?

HmF300ex
03-09-2009, 04:16 PM
well does anyone know what lowbuck and easy mods (like the a-arms on the 300) to help either machine?
Bolting on 400ex suspension should fit with the a-arms, power wise its going to cost since an exhaust is mandatory(you can remove spark arrestor for a little more pep), jets are fairly cheap and you can get an air filter cheap and take off the lid.

tbrackman84
12-29-2009, 05:45 PM
300ex is better in my opinion. You get honda reliability and i personally think they are nicer. Ive ridden a warrior and a 300ex, and the 300 seemed much better to me. Maybe the warrior was just more beat though... lol

12-29-2009, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by tbrackman84
300ex is better in my opinion. You get honda reliability and i personally think they are nicer. Ive ridden a warrior and a 300ex, and the 300 seemed much better to me. Maybe the warrior was just more beat though... lol

While the 300 has a little better chassis, I wouldn't get a 300ex based on just reliability. The warrior motor is one of the most indestructible quad motors ever built.

tbrackman84
12-29-2009, 05:57 PM
i guess that makes sense, out in the coal banks there are some crazy guys riding some seriously mangled warriors, that have been rolled down hills, and they're always running good. The 300 is defintley smaller in general that the warrior right? just easier to maneuver on trails and stuff.

12-29-2009, 06:25 PM
i guess that makes sense, out in the coal banks there are some crazy guys riding some seriously mangled warriors, that have been rolled down hills, and they're always running good. The 300 is defintley smaller in general that the warrior right? just easier to maneuver on trails and stuff.

Yeah I know what you mean. I've seen countless warriors, late 80's and early 90's, that look like they were rolled off a cliff, burnt, flat-landed, and abused, that were still on stock bore stock piston stock crank motors that ran like a charm. lmao. :p

And you're correct, the 300ex is definitely a smaller chassis. Better suspension/geometry though.

witech
12-29-2009, 10:26 PM
hey guys, looking for some opinions on the 300ex and/or warrior. i want to buy one of these quads for my girlfriend to ride with me. i have a 400ex so it needs to keep up with that. has some stuff, no stocker. i would be putting a pipe, air filter and prob jet whichever one i end up getting. price will be a factor as well, but i am pretty much all honda type of guy, but right now i just want to get her something she can handle to get her seat time so she can have my 400ex and i can get a 450, she's 5'7" 130lbs. tell me which one would be better.

trail rideing thanks brian
If you want to get a quad that will"keep up "to a 400ex then I suggest a 400ex. Why would you want to put her on something that is a narrower ballooned tire tippy and slow and expect her to keep up. My girlfriend is just learning to ride and she is getting a 50 inch wide quad with outstand brakes
My brother in law started with the same logic you have with my sister . He rides 250r's and bought her a 250x so she could come along. Well it ended up being that the quad made her nervous due to its limitations and she asked to try the 250r. She took right to it and within a few rides she got comfortable and gained confidence so quickly she could easily keep up and waiting for minutes at trailheads for her was no longer and issue.
Since 300ex's and 400exs can be had dirt cheap these days I wouldnt use money as an issue over safety . unless you want to discourage her from riding or want her to push an inadiquate quad past its limits and possibly hurt her.
If your worried about her having to much power right away adjustin gthe throttle cable is easy.

Josh300ex
01-16-2010, 10:46 PM

the 300 is a lot better to ride trails with, mine is a 93 and it runs like its brand new. it has the original bore, and everything. only things done to the engine is the hot cam and jet kit and UNI filter. my quad has been ice raced for years and the original owner even put the oil filters in backwards for a few years at least. and the engine is like brand new, it starts first time, every time, and im talking in -20 degrees Celcius. so idk, maybe 0 F. i have no idea. :p not american so i dont use fahrenheit.

but if you had to get a 300cc quad. go for the ex over the warrior any day. warrior looks better and more aggressive and all, but when it comes down to it, that doesnt even matter.

finsteratv
06-08-2010, 07:03 PM
trx300ex all the way. i love mine and plan on keeping it for awhile. overall i think the 300 is a better wheeler and you get the honda reliability/resale:D

beags86
07-05-2010, 08:22 PM
going to put an end to this thread. got another 400ex. case closed.:)

warrior/exrider
09-13-2012, 11:17 PM
I have a warrior and a 400 and granted my warriors pretty much nothing like a stock warrior, it more then keeps up with my ex good, and my freinds 300ex won't touch either one, 300 is a much better beginners bike tho because it deffinetly handles better, my gfs about the same size and she says the warriors to big