PDA

View Full Version : fox valley or bufalo range ?

250x
12-19-2002, 10:57 PM
me and a buddy plan to go to one of these this weekend. never been to either, whats the best?

250rAL
12-26-2002, 10:48 AM
The last I heard, Buffalo Range didn't allow ATV's. Has this changed?

Doibugu2
12-26-2002, 10:55 AM
I've never been to either, but I'm pretty sure Buffalo does not allow quads. But there is a place right down the street. I think thats the Fox Valley. Mostly riding on coal. Prepare to get dirty from what i have heard.

sly400ex
12-26-2002, 12:50 PM
Fox Valley is pretty cool, nice hills/trails and a little sx track. Buffalo Range still does not allow atv's:rolleyes: But my brother and I "accidently" found a trail that brought us in through the back. It was FUN!!!!:D

Doibugu2
12-26-2002, 01:03 PM
Sly,

Where do you normally ride? What other places are around there?

sly400ex
12-27-2002, 09:48 AM
Bugu-

I forgot where we parked excactly, but it was at a forest preserve. We unloaded right by some railroad tracks and road a couple miles along them. It brought us right into that "Cave's" something or other, atv park and a little further down, it brought us right into Buffalo Range. It was awesome, we went on a Friday and both places were closed, so it was "free admission".....no seriously, I don't condone entering without paying, but we road about an hour to get there just to have the places closed. So we just went exploring. There is also a place open for everyone around batavia/aroura. I guess it was an old gravel yard but it was huge!! I will get better info for you this weekend. Do you know any other places to ride??

Doibugu2
12-27-2002, 09:53 AM
Where is it that you ride in batavia/aroura? I have never been there.

However, we ride in Elburn right off of Rt 47, that is a nice gravel area. It has some nice hills and the gravel area, plus a nice little wood section. That about the only place we go.

250rAL
12-27-2002, 10:07 AM
The first time I was to Buffalo Range in '93, it was closed(after driving 2 1/2 hours to get there) so we followed some other riders to a local place they called the clay hills. It was across the highway from the hospital in Ottawa. Is that place still there? As I recall, some of the locals said at the time that it was in danger of being closed off because stolen cars had been abandoned/burned there.