PDA

View Full Version : Backfiring?

dingocatcher
01-19-2009, 11:46 AM
Bike has started backfiring on overun, its well tuned with cf ignition. Any ideas where to start?

I put a full new exhaust system on it today but did not replace the copper crush gasket as i did not know it was there, could that cause it to backfire by sucking in cold air from exhaust on overun?

crixal
01-19-2009, 08:42 PM
make sure the head pipe is tightened up good, don't over tighten it though. you prolly have an exhaust leak if it only started doing it when you put the new pipe on. you can get a new gasket from your local honda dealer.

spencer_shinn
01-20-2009, 01:15 AM
i DIDNT replace that on mine when i got my Big Gun but im not having problems :D
guess im lucky
did you jet it?

Scro
01-20-2009, 01:44 PM
You more than likely you have an exhaust leak. You will want to use hi-temp silicone anywhere two sections of the pipe meet. I normally use a clamp in these places also. Replace the copper gasket, they are only designed to be used once.

dingocatcher
01-20-2009, 03:16 PM
Yeah my jetting is spot on, i have ordered a new crush washer and see if that sorts it out then if not start looking a bit deeper....

I'll post how i get on

Cheers:)

spencer_shinn
01-20-2009, 07:55 PM
hmmm
good luck
probably is the crush washer
im thinkin the only reason i havent needed one on mine is the fact that it was like brand new when i put the pipe on lol