PDA

View Full Version : Superbowl

ProspectorJim
01-18-2009, 08:20 PM
so its the Steelers and the cardinals in this years superbowl. Who do you think is going to win?

powermadd400ex
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
steelers! :D

1socal450
01-19-2009, 02:40 AM
My STEELERS will win.Defense is too strong,Parker will run the ball well and they will control the clock and the D will force turnovers.:devil:

<DRS>GPF
01-19-2009, 06:14 AM
GO STEELERS!!!

MOFO
01-19-2009, 06:27 AM
Steelers all the way!

#1 Defense in the NFL is the reason we will win the superbowl!

yamahaman623
01-19-2009, 07:41 AM
STEELERS are going all the way. they just plucked the feathers off the ravens and they will do the same to a cardinal

KXRida
01-19-2009, 12:39 PM
I'm a Pa boy so naturally... GO STEELERS!!!!

Hopefully number six...

quads14589
01-19-2009, 12:43 PM
even tho i hate the steelers, the steelers are going to win they are going to clober the cardnials there defense is to good for them, but there offense is ok nothing to special. for arizona to win warner is going to need 300+ passing yards.

feuerstack411
01-19-2009, 01:40 PM
red sox

byrdman37876
01-19-2009, 04:52 PM
not a fan of either really but i would like to see the cards mop the floor with the steel.

RATPACK Z400
01-19-2009, 06:32 PM
steeler offense is so-so, the cards offence is spanking the best teams now, philly was the second best D IMO and got spanked steelers will lose by 10 points at the least! Fitsgarald win get at least 3 tds by himself.

CHAR250R
01-19-2009, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Steelers all the way!

#1 Defense in the NFL is the reason we will win the superbowl!

Don't forget...Willie Parker is 100%. :D

54warrior
01-20-2009, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by CHAR250R
Don't forget...Willie Parker is 100%. :D

That doesn't mean crap if the offensive line plays like they did against Baltimore. Now if the offensive line that showed up for the Chargers game, well then the Cards are in for a rude awakening.

csr250r
01-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Steelers!

How bout that hit on Mcgahee, that was sweet.

ben300
01-20-2009, 11:43 AM
Originally posted by 54warrior
That doesn't mean crap if the offensive line plays like they did against Baltimore. Now if the offensive line that showed up for the Chargers game, well then the Cards are in for a rude awakening.

your a fool, the offensive line played really well against baltimore this time and around and has gotten a heck of alot better since the begining of the year. Considering baltimore is the second best defense in the nlf and they weretn really able to get a hand on ben that much in the game, i like the odds.

Plus if you look at all of the cardinals losses, they have come at the hand of top ten defense. I do believe their loss to new england would have been alot less one sided if lineart wouldnt have ben quarter back.

it should be a really good game, great offense vs super defense, good offense vs. mediocre deffense, two star quarter backs..

should be interesting

ben300
01-20-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by csr250r
Steelers!

How bout that hit on Mcgahee, that was sweet.

ya that was quite a hit. that guy has taken a beating in his football career! Thankfully he only walke away wiht a concussion

CHAR250R
01-20-2009, 11:45 AM

Think about this: Baltimore's defense is ranked #2, that's why the Steeler offensive line looked like poop. Now the Steelers offensive line looked awesome against the Charger defense because the Charger's defense isn't very good. A good defense sometimes makes an opponents offensive line look bad.

MX MaNiAc 06
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
LETS GO STILLERS!!!!!!!!

MOFO
01-20-2009, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by RATPACK Z400
philly was the second best D IMO

:huh

We will pull them apart at the seams...or should I say "Pluck another bird..."

ridered11
01-20-2009, 04:58 PM
I'm gonna call it right now..... curt warner and fitzgerald are unstoppable

GO CARDINALS!!!

reptikes
01-20-2009, 05:02 PM

Your not paying much attention huh? Baltimore has the 2nd best Defense in the NFL. Our offense wasn't that bad for going against the number 2 seeded defense. Arizona doesn't have a defense. Its cut and dry, STEELERS!

reptikes
01-20-2009, 05:05 PM
Originally posted by ridered11
I'm gonna call it right now..... curt warner and fitzgerald are unstoppable

GO CARDINALS!!!

DON'T ******* MAKE ME GO GREEN:macho .

The only legit question left is how bad will we beat them...
31-17 sounds about right.

ricksmx865
01-20-2009, 05:54 PM
I'm pulling for the cards to take this one down!!

byrdman37876
01-20-2009, 06:16 PM
steel is going get chit on by the red birds, only thing steel is going to beat is there monkey.

1socal450
01-22-2009, 11:52 AM
The cards defense is statistically the worse to EVER play in a Superbowl.The Steelers are the BEST in the league at controlling the clock,sustaining long drives eating up the clock keeping the ball out of warners hands.When the cards do get the ball,the Steelers relentless "D" will rattle warner and force turnovers,remember warner and the cards several weeks ago when they could not win on the road,finishing the season 9-7 in a really weak NFC west division? They are finally facing a far superior team,the mighty "AFC" PITTSBURGH STEELERS will have a sixth ring,more than any other team in the league.Remember,the Vegas odds makers are no fools and someone please try to argue these facts.:bandit:

Ryan
01-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Im rooting for the Steelers!... But I think its gonna be a tight game. Cardinals offense is great, and Fitzgerald is gonna play a big part in that. Its gonna be interesting to see how they are gonna play against the Steelers defense... Should be a really good game. I can't wait to see it... Wish it was this weekend!

And I don't think the Cardinals are gonna be able to make 30 or more points against the Steelers defense.

Giz400ex
01-23-2009, 05:02 AM
Originally posted by 1socal450
The cards defense is statistically the worse to EVER play in a Superbowl. WHAT???? Mmmmmmm, well by holding down Philly and Carolina, those stats don't mean crap. The Cards were and will be ready the SB and I believe its gonna be closer than everybody thinks. Yes, the steelers have a killer D but they can't be everywhere. Look for them to focus on Fitz and watch Mr.Boldin step it up a bit. I'm not at all impressed with steelers offense. I'm not saying the worst but to me its average. I'm not saying the Cards are gonna win but you have to give some credit to them. By no means will it be a blowout!!!!!!, meaning 40-10 or something.

1socal450
01-23-2009, 10:54 AM
If the Steelers D gets pressure early its over.Warner plays crappy in those situations.I believe the Steelers offense is underrated,Big Ben is clutch,they have the best all around(blocking/recieving)tight end in the league in Heath Miller,Washington/Holmes/Ward have turned into a great trio,and oh yea,Parker is finally healthy.I like Fitz/Bolden,great duo and of course Wisenhunt,but they are clearly outmatched.NY got lucky last year,but the AFC dominates lately...

Giz400ex
01-24-2009, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by 1socal450
If the Steelers D gets pressure early its over.Warner plays crappy in those situations.I believe the Steelers offense is underrated,Big Ben is clutch,they have the best all around(blocking/recieving)tight end in the league in Heath Miller,Washington/Holmes/Ward have turned into a great trio,and oh yea,Parker is finally healthy.I like Fitz/Bolden,great duo and of course Wisenhunt,but they are clearly outmatched.NY got lucky last year,but the AFC dominates lately... The steelers will need to pressure Warner from the first snap to the last snap (not just early). The Cards are a very explosive offense and are alot more explosive than the steelers. I'm not sure if anybody watched there games, I'm guessing not. The Cards are not a joke! The steelers secondary will have there workout cut out for them.

MOFO
01-24-2009, 05:37 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
The steelers secondary will have there workout cut out for them.

...and so will Warner. Let's see how their passing game goes with pressure on Warner the entire game. If you haven't noticed we have destroyed just about every quarterback this season. Check their QB rating before they played the Steelers, then notice what their rating is AFTER a Steeler game. More times than not, their rating is almost cut in half. What does that tell you?

Running game? Ha! If we get them to only their running game, we have it in the bag.

I've been following the Card's for awhile now - that team is Pittsburgh West BTW, including Fitzgerald who came from the University of Pitt. I've been watching him before he played in the NFL - he has talent, no question about it! With that said, Wiz is going to have to pull some crazy trick play's out if they want to stay in this game.

You can claim our offense isn't great, and I won't disagree too much, however we are 14-4 right now against what was claimed by everyone as being the hardest season in the NFL this year. They are not pretty, but get the job done. When you have the #1 defense, you do not need many points to win a game!

Giz400ex
01-24-2009, 06:08 AM
...and so will Warner. Let's see how their passing game goes with pressure on Warner the entire game. If you haven't noticed we have destroyed just about every quarterback this season. Check their QB rating before they played the Steelers, then notice what their rating is AFTER a Steeler game. More times than not, their rating is almost cut in half. What does that tell you?

They are not pretty, but get the job done. When you have the #1 defense, you do not need many points to win a game! Like I said in previous post, steelers "D" will need pressure on Warner from the 1st snap to the last and hope that they don't make the proper adjustments. Beacause its the SB, you can throw all the stats and QB ratings and throw them right in the toilet because they don't mean nothing. Its all about what kind of game face each player brings and how they handle it. Either team can have a bad game and that also goes for steelers "D".
I don't know whats you mean as "many points to win a game" but going back to recent SB, majority of them you needed points to win and most of the teams that were in SB did have great defenses.
In games like this, you never know whats gonna happen and NEVER under estimate the opponent:D

Giz400ex
02-01-2009, 08:18 PM
:huh

We will pull them apart at the seams...or should I say "Pluck another bird..." I think the Steelers were "plucking" there eyebrows in the 4th qtr there:huh for awhile!

scuzz
02-02-2009, 08:04 AM
Steelers are going to win.

MOFO
02-02-2009, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Giz400ex
I think the Steelers were "plucking" there eyebrows in the 4th qtr there:huh for awhile!

Yea, not sure what they were doing, but pulled it out in the end.... :D