PDA

View Full Version : Shift MX Camo gear???

400exBro
12-19-2002, 08:28 PM
i was wondering if anyone wears shifts camo gear, i look at it today at the store and i liked the looks and quilty of the product, and they were cheapier than thor and fox....

i was wondering how do you like your gear???
i am looking at the pants style riding equpiment, the ones that don't go into the boots they go over top, should i go with that or just stick with the pans that are tucked into the boots???

but the only thing is that it will look funny when i have shift gear and a thor force chest protector....:confused:

thanks for your input....
Bro

BTW: if you don't know what i am talking about check out www.shiftmx.com

12-19-2002, 08:31 PM
its good stuff, u do know that fox kinda owns shift, they started shift to make baggy gear that they didnt wanna call fox

cheetah
12-19-2002, 08:36 PM
I have seen them and they look very trick. I would've got those in a heartbeat, but I already had all Fox gear. Shift all the way!!!

Nausty
12-19-2002, 09:09 PM
lol camo gear=yuck

lol, j/k I actually am getting some for christmas i'm just kinda doubting getting it because I think some many people will be getting it. Anyways I got the winter camo and i'm gonna go with white plastic and cut out my own graphics in winter camo with red to match.

Davids440ex
12-20-2002, 12:00 AM
i got the baggy in red and got there new grey camo mach. like them alot good quality to.

Evan
12-20-2002, 12:32 AM
I will only wear shift, I wont wear anything else, they are about the only brand that recognizes/sponsors quads that Ive seen. Also they are the only brand that have pants that are really long which I need since Im 6ft 4. I have the camo baggy pants, and a reversible jersey, gloves. Im gonna get more next season like JJ's. The only bad thing about the baggy pants is, your knee guards wont stay up in them, they slide into your boot. But I still like em, they have zippered pockets for keys etc. Heres a pic of me in them. The reversible jersey is nice too in the summer, its cool, and if u can reverse it for a gray or red color. I have more if you want I will post them.

400exBro
12-20-2002, 04:48 AM
the baggy pants they also have a zipper so you can take the bottom part off and wear shorts ...

but when i looked at them the baggy pants had no guards that the thor and fox gave, around your knee area, was it just missing or there aren't there period???

i wouldn't mind seeing more pics...
thanks

Bro

12-20-2002, 05:14 AM
Yea snuck around and supposably I was getting oneal gear but found out she got me shift camo and it kicks *** by the looks of it.

exriderdude
12-20-2002, 07:57 AM
they are great, the only reason im not getting it is because so many people have it, and i want to be unique:D

400grl
12-20-2002, 09:07 AM
I have the SHIFT camo vented 3/4 length sleeve jersey and I like it - yeah...it's FOX, so you can plan on the same quality stuff. I am getting out of SHIFT/FOX all that, too, though - too many people have the same stuff......

YZROOSTINYA
12-20-2002, 09:20 AM
getting the cam pants and 3/4 sleeve top, the squadron is what they are called

my flesh gear burnt up on the leg from my header

BadA$$440
12-20-2002, 10:25 AM
I was going to get all Shift but i was able to get new vented 360 fox pants and SFX aero fox jersey for like $155 shipped to my door. The pants alone retail for $165 so i went with that deal.

tants
12-20-2002, 02:21 PM
i think the shift cameo looks sweet. but with the baggyness, how you can make them into shorts (for more ease of flexibility, and also the 3/4 sleeve (also for my ease of flexibility) makes the "squadron" pant and jersey more for freestyle. what do you see dana creech and jon chandler wear in huevos 5? the shift squadron outfit. IMO they are more built for freestlye then for motorcross. also in huevos 5 people racing (like jermiha jones) is wear shift, but a different version without the baggyness and with fullsleeve.

like eric said, if you race and wear knee guards, they will slip into the tops of your boots.

dont get me wrong i love the camo look. i will be getting shift gear, just not squadron. if your looking for the camo look but want it to fit more for a racer and less baggy, look into the **** "jet pants" and "ac jersey", which are cameo, but the pants took into the boots, and the jersey is full lenth, not 3/4. the items i just listed are also on sale... $99.99 for the pants and $24.99 for the jersey. they also have the mach camo jersey they is full sleeve lenth.

dito

tants
12-20-2002, 02:40 PM
with chest protectors highest price of $79.95 for a adult sized chrome roostdeflector, and $69.95 for the normal roost deflector, i would jump on the deals, the normal price for chest protectors are around $120

the deals shift is having seem great. im not gonna wait till my bday to get new gear, i will order it now befor they relieve the demand on everything and jack up the prices.

i plan on getting the red assault pants, the red assault jersey or the 2001 ac red camo jersey (full sleeved), assualt gloves, standard roost deflector, shin guards, and the 2001 3/4 camo sleeveride jersey from last year (last years model of the aquadron jersey, just cheaper... for when i freeride)

RideRed04
12-20-2002, 03:05 PM
Yeah, I would have gotten shift, but I got one **** of a deal on fox. Plus, they where tech blue and red, which actually grew on me quite a bit, and is different.

tants
12-20-2002, 04:59 PM
someone post some pics of the gear

400exBro
12-20-2002, 06:23 PM
ya i agree with tants i would like to see more pics of their gear??

with the baggy stuff, i shouldn't run it for mx then should i ??

i do all season riding so i need something that will keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer,i might even just stick with the thor equpiment but i really like the looks of the shift stuff, not a lot of people run shift in canada so it would stick out ..

Bro

12-20-2002, 07:34 PM
well this isnt shift but i real liked this gear, it was comfy but i ripped them in a crash:( oh yeah is lbz if your wondering

Quad18star
12-20-2002, 08:26 PM
Anyone know what the model name is of the racing jerseys that are full length sleeves and not the 3/4 length? And not the cotton jerseys. Im just trying to figure it out so that the company I work for ( Royal Distributing) can bring them in . Thanks

tants
12-20-2002, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Anyone know what the model name is of the racing jerseys that are full length sleeves and not the 3/4 length? And not the cotton jerseys. Im just trying to figure it out so that the company I work for ( Royal Distributing) can bring them in . Thanks

request a catolog right off the shift website...

www.shiftmx.com theres a little sale section. the camo jersey which is full sleeve is called the 2001 ac jersey.

tants
12-20-2002, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by 400exBro
ya i agree with tants i would like to see more pics of their gear??

with the baggy stuff, i shouldn't run it for mx then should i ??

i do all season riding so i need something that will keep me warm in the winter and cool in the summer,i might even just stick with the thor equpiment but i really like the looks of the shift stuff, not a lot of people run shift in canada so it would stick out ..

Bro

in the winter i just ride in cheap walmart snowpants and jacket. its gonna get all wet and muddy.....

if you plan on mx'in with the baggyness and the 3/4 sleeve its still fine. but i think the gear that tucks into your boots and a jersey that covers your full arms from roost is the best.
i will try to post pics...

Quad18star
12-20-2002, 08:49 PM
Thanks for the info TANTS . It's appreciated. Lataz

400exBro
12-21-2002, 09:11 AM
thanks Tants ....

that was my other option of equpiment is LBZ i think there line of equpiment looks trick...

do they have web page??

thanks again

Bro