PDA

View Full Version : best cleaners for your quad

crixal
01-18-2009, 03:30 PM
i was wondering what everyone used to clean their quad with. i've always just used water and i rag, but it's not getting the job done anymore? what does everyone use to clean their plastics, engine, wheels, swingarm, and pretty much everything else on their quad?

ProspectorJim
01-18-2009, 04:33 PM
pressure washer and some turtle wax soap works wonders. I use purple power to get the grease off of my swingarm, sprocket, and chain.

Colby@C&DRacing
01-19-2009, 09:51 AM
simple green works well, we have also used muc-off

tyhackman15
01-19-2009, 12:06 PM
most any degreaser, a toothbrush, and a lot of time....

crixal
01-19-2009, 04:51 PM
i have one more question. what areas of the bike is ok to pressure wash? i wouldn't think it would be good to do on the motor cause the water could find it's way inside things it shouldn't. or what areas can you not pressure wash?

ProspectorJim
01-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by crixal
i have one more question. what areas of the bike is ok to pressure wash? i wouldn't think it would be good to do on the motor cause the water could find it's way inside things it shouldn't. or what areas can you not pressure wash?

only thing you shouldn't do with it is spray directly at seals with a strong jet. Also don't spray directly into any electrical connectors. Spraying the engine is fine, just don't spray into the intake:p. Get a plug for your exhaust though.

crixal
01-19-2009, 05:38 PM
thanks jim & everyone else for their help. picked up some simple green, purple power, and i'm gonna pressure wash the things i can't get clean w/ a rag. thanks everyone.

ProspectorJim
01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by crixal
thanks jim & everyone else for their help. picked up some simple green, purple power, and i'm gonna pressure wash the things i can't get clean w/ a rag. thanks everyone.

No problem.

I like to spray my ds off with the pressure washer first to get as much of it as I can though. Then hit it with soap and a sponge/rag. Start it up and dry it off, then I wax it and use purple power on the chain and all the spots covered with grease. I take about 2 hours to clean it, but it comes out looking like I just bought it even after it gets plastered with mud.