PDA

View Full Version : Axle bearing carrier, Brake Hub, Sprocket Hub

JJ400EX
01-18-2009, 01:51 PM
Alright so i broke my axle bearing carrier and need to get some parts to fix it. Ive got it all taken apart, the sprocket hub is chewed up so i need a new one. Ive read that it is really hard to get the sprocket hub off. Should i just try to find a used axle with the hub on it? Or is it possible to get it on and off without a press? Also, i need to replace the front and rear sprocket and chain. I have some heavy razr2's on baja rims, so i was thinkin i could use a little more low end? Any suggestions on sprocket size and/or brands? Also what kind of brake hub should i get because i broke it when removing the axle. Thanks in advance. http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc90/johnjj728/206.jpg

buck440
01-18-2009, 03:02 PM
i had 100 % the exact same problem and you will not find the sprocke hubt for it, lonestar and durablue makes them but for there own axles only. i was going to pay people on here to find a sprocket hub and not 1 good lead so i just bought a used 06 axle off ebay for 115...and you need a press to get the sprocket hub off, but dont forget the c clip in it.

Zeb400EX
01-19-2009, 04:14 AM
I 've got a good use stock axle with a good sprocket hub for sale for $70 shipped. pm me if your interested

krt400ex
01-19-2009, 10:53 AM
i just cracked my bearing carrier yesterday too. it sucks balls. i was about to sell the quad too. guy was coming to look at it tomorrow