PDA

View Full Version : Old lt80 help

Dtrap
01-18-2009, 01:14 PM
Hello,
I am new to the forum and working on LT80s and am in need of some help. First off what is the quickest way to remove the oil injection on my kids lt80. I would prefer to premix as I have had bad experiences in the past with the these injection systems. Seccond do I need all of the plastic shrouds all around the motor. I know it is all part of the cooling system but I thought I saw something where you could do with out all of it. If not no big deal either way but it all just makes it a pain in the behind to get to everything so far. Any help is greatly appreciated.

LT80
01-19-2009, 07:41 AM
Welcome to the forums.
To run premix, you must take the clutch cover off and pull off the lil black plastic piece that's on the end of the crankshaft.
I recommend that you leave the plastic on.

etondaddy
01-19-2009, 08:46 AM
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/Kyles_80008.jpg

LT80
01-21-2009, 08:12 AM
Sorry, I meant leave the plastic on the motor (air cowling).:)

Dtrap
01-21-2009, 04:11 PM
Thanks I was a little confused. I will just leave it on since it really isnt that big of a deal.

Dtrap
01-25-2009, 07:15 PM
Well I just went ahead and left the injection system on for now and just put a carb rebuild kit in the carb and got it started. Now the problem is that it dies everytime I turn the choke off (it will idle all day with it on). I replaced the plastic insulator behind the carb (it was cracked) and the rubber o ring. If I cover the carb intake about 80% with my fingers I can turn the choke off and it will idle and run fine on the stand but as soon as I move my fingers it dies. If i give it gas with the choke on it dies also. I have checked all around the carb and can not find an air leak. I am not sure where to go next. Any suggestion would be great.

LT80
01-26-2009, 06:48 AM
Do a compression test.

Dtrap
01-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I will do that asap and let you know what it comes out at.
Thanks for the reply

Hanksdad
02-18-2009, 03:31 PM
I would check what you did when rebuilding the carb. Sounds like it isn't getting near enough fuel. If you put your hand over the intake and it helps, its lean. If it runs with choke on, the choke is richening the mixture helping to combat the lack of fuel being put into the cylinder, also pointing to a lean fuel mixture. Not extremely familiar with these particular quads, but their is a needle inside the carb. The needle probably has an e-clip and little washer on the end of it. Make sure you have all necessary washers on this needle. If one is left out it will affect the needle depth and reduce fuel flowing into the carb. If the all the parts are in place, check to see if the needle has multiple grooves in it for the e-clip to seat in. If there are, try putting the e-clip closer to the point of the needle in one of the other grooves. This should increase flow and possibly fix your issue. I'm not a pro but maybe this will help. Good luck:macho