PDA

View Full Version : LT 50 Problem????

lee roby
01-18-2009, 11:26 AM
I bought a second hand Suzuki LT50 for my little boy at Christmas. I took him out and after approx 20 minutes riding the engine just cut out when the bike came to a stand still on tick over. I tried to start it but it would'nt fire so I replaced the plug, cleaned the petrol line and filter, cleaned all the jets and replaced the piston and ring (half the ring was gone and the piston was goosed). I also cleaned the outlet port free of carbon and did my best to do the same with the exhaust. We took it out again and it seamed to be running much better, then after he'd been pottering around for approx 15-20 minutes it cut out again and wouldnt start! I left it for about 10 minutes and it started then it ran for about a minute then cut out again? Its a premix model and he only rides it slow (dont know if the plugs getting fouled up) I've got the mix at 30:1, the realy frustrating this is that it runs perfect on tick over in the garage and up and down the street, as soon as weve been out over the fields for 20 minutes it packs UP!!!!!

I'm pulling my hair out can someone help me and my boy!!!!!

cmashburn
01-18-2009, 11:57 AM
i dont really know what the prob would be but ive been doing my mix 32.1 and it seems to be the great mix mine is an 85 i dont know if the year makes a difference your not filling the oil resovoir under the seat and mixing the gas are you if so just do one or the other cause the resovoir mixes it perfectly i justperfer to mix my own just in case it breaks while riding

lee roby
01-18-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by cmashburn
i dont really know what the prob would be but ive been doing my mix 32.1 and it seems to be the great mix mine is an 85 i dont know if the year makes a difference your not filling the oil resovoir under the seat and mixing the gas are you if so just do one or the other cause the resovoir mixes it perfectly i justperfer to mix my own just in case it breaks while riding

No it does'nt have an oil resovoir, the symptoms are random and when its running it runs great, but then all of a sudden it packs up and wont fire.

Driving me mad!:mad:

lee roby
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
whats the best way to clean out the exhaust from carbon? could it be something electrical? I've got to get this little thing running, I cant be defeated! Lol

Whitfield
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Is the tank vent clean? No mud dobbers ???

Does the carb bowl drain show good fuel supply is available? Open it once the bike has died and fuel pour out.

Due to the time and consistancey you describe, This sounds like it could be an electrical (heat related) open circuit / break down.

Do you have spark when it quits?

What are your compression #'s