PDA

View Full Version : TRX350 Won't Shift

Luie
01-18-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm new to the 4 wheeler owners world and have taken over from my dad a 2000 TRX350 with electric shift. It had been sitting for a number of years and after a good carb and tank cleaning I got it running. It is running great but will not shift into any gear my dad told me that it was shifting fine the last time he rode it but that sometime it would not go into reverse. I have tested the shifter switchs and they ohm out when pressed. I don't think there geting power and have tried to trace but get lost in the wireing harness from the back to the front of the bike and I don't want to unwrap everthing unless I have to. If it was working when it was parked could there be something that went bad while idle. I've cleaned all the grounds and plugs that I can find. I'm hopeing someone can give me some clues were to look or what to look for. Thanks Luie

quadrider00
01-18-2009, 01:08 PM
try shifting it into gear manually... u need a 1/2 inch open wrench i believe and the shifter post is down where a normal foot shifter would b.. so ive that a shot

Luie
01-18-2009, 03:51 PM
Thanks I will try that do you know if I can convert it over to mannual shift without spending a fortune. I also read that if the battery is week it won't let you shift and my batt is shot. I can pull start it or jump it off and it runs but the batt is bad. Thanks Luie

BancheeFew
01-20-2009, 05:56 AM
Yea try manualy

Honda5
01-20-2009, 06:24 AM
get a good battery and if that doesn't work put a new rectifier/regulator on. they had alot of them went bad on the trx350es they are the same ones as the 04/05 trx450r.

Luie
01-27-2009, 06:33 PM
Thanks to all those who made suggestions for my shifting problem. I put a new battery in it and BAM its shifting just fine. Thanks Lee