PDA

View Full Version : Best DS450 Exhaust?

X400EX
01-18-2009, 09:17 AM
Hi all,

I have done some research but I'm looking for the best exhaust that will release the best power. The sound or money will not be a problem.

Thank you.

dbkbushwacker
01-18-2009, 09:28 AM
These are my choices in no order.

Ron Wood
HMF
Rossier

X400EX
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
I was thinking about the Rossier.. Is that thing really loud? I had Curtis Sparks X-6 on my 400ex and it was ear percing.

crixal
01-18-2009, 10:04 AM
never been around a ds w/ an hmf or ron woods, so i can't judge them. i have the rossier and it made a killer difference. if sound isn't an issue. it's worth trying out. it fit up better than the stock exhaust, also. i pull 4 or 5 quads on a guy that i was dead even w/ when i was stock. it's louder than the sparks.

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally posted by dbkbushwacker
These are my choices in no order.

Ron Wood
HMF
Rossier

i agree but id go with rossier over hmf even though i have hmf :blah:

Mr. Big Time
01-18-2009, 12:53 PM
I have had a hmf, and motoworks, and I think the motoworks is better.....It gives me all the power I could ask for, and isnt overly loud, yet not to quiet. I think you'll really like the motoworks. I am just giving my opinion, However there has been lots of posts and arguments on this topic already, so I'm not going to get into with anybody.

dbkbushwacker
01-18-2009, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
i agree but id go with rossier over hmf even though i have hmf :blah:

Joey I was thinking of the hmf ironman pipe, it has a large core than your ballance pipe. The Rossier is really nice too.

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by dbkbushwacker
Joey I was thinking of the hmf ironman pipe, it has a large core than your ballance pipe. The Rossier is really nice too.
id go with rossier cuz it was made for the race map on the ds450... but dnt get e wrong the HMF pipes are awesome too... alot of power and loud... and i like em loud!!!;)

DGS
01-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Has anybody tried the Leo Vince exhaust...? Just heard they do really well on the 2 wheelers and have won a few MX GP's in Europe..top quality and rated at 94db...!!

ds450racer
01-19-2009, 02:29 PM
ask justin reid lol

DGS
01-19-2009, 04:03 PM
Thanks i did already... i was hoping for a few more opinions...!!
I will be seeing Justin this Thursday and i will speak to him some more... will post on here for guys who are interested..

ltr311
01-19-2009, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Big Time
I have had a hmf, and motoworks, and I think the motoworks is better.....It gives me all the power I could ask for, and isnt overly loud, yet not to quiet. I think you'll really like the motoworks. I am just giving my opinion, However there has been lots of posts and arguments on this topic already, so I'm not going to get into with anybody.

id be glad to test those pipes for your against the ron woods if your interested? I have a donor bike. That way its no guessing game. Id be willing to bet against you on your thinking the motoworks is better than the hmf. Just a friendly wager. LOL Ive never seen a motoworks pipe put out the power of a hmf. They do look better Ill give them that. But weak power most the time, and yes i tested it on the ds450 and the ltr.

crixal
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
when and if ever it gets too cold to ride here. i'd be willing to send my pipe & intake for you to test.

ltr311
01-19-2009, 06:12 PM
That would be killer. That way I can do a 4 pipe shootout unless we can do a few more. You guys gather them up and Ill do it. My hair off my back. LOL

ron woods locally
hmf mr. bigtime
motoworks mr. bigtime
rossier crixal

crixal
01-19-2009, 06:16 PM
i'm game if everyone else is.

hotshotgoal30
01-19-2009, 08:02 PM
thats what we all need. a PIPE SHOOTOUT! same bike same dyno just to get some ideas. id like to see the rossier, motoworks, hmf and the ron woods. if there is anyhting im missing well lets get one to test. lol

crixal
01-19-2009, 08:03 PM
i think it would go ron woods, rossier, hmf, then motoworks. just my guess, hope we can get some voulenteers.

X400EX
01-19-2009, 09:07 PM
Thanks.

Does anyone know if you lost noticable power with the quiet HMF?

Or would it give about the same power for the average rider?

WesDS450X
01-19-2009, 09:59 PM
what about fmf? yoshi? and your guys dasa pipe that u all be waitin so long on for?

hotshotgoal30
01-19-2009, 10:16 PM
its already been determined that there is no DASA in the near future for the DS. as far as FMF sur why not. Yoshi makes good products but noone seems to have them for the DS but if you can test it then lets see them all

crixal
01-20-2009, 05:48 AM
find someome who has one, wes. i think there is already number for the fmf some where showing it lost power w/ the full system.

TNT
01-22-2009, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by crixal
find someome who has one, wes. i think there is already number for the fmf some where showing it lost power w/ the full system.

Interesting how DASA recommends the FMF megabomb?

I just talked to Ron Woods about theirs….I didn't know they are a distributor for BRP and have such a history w/BRP motors. No wonder their pipes are getting good results on the dyno, he said about 4.5hp claiming more than the competition. He also agrees to me those are stock numbers and if I do mods depending on what they are can change results up or down. He said he'd know if the 08 fits the 09 in about a week.

Once I see my exhaust flow from my mods I am leaning more towards a custom exhaust...

Thumpin
01-30-2009, 12:06 PM
Crixal, I got a question about your 400ex with that CT racing exhaust you had on it? What mods did you have done to the engine? Was it the midrange exhaust? Did you use their titanium needle supplied? And what was your final jetting and needle positon on that setup?

I have a 416EX I built with that CT Midrange exhaust, and wow did it wake up the mid and top end on that 416, but the correct jetting was a little hard to find.

I just would like to hear what you ended up with, it could help improve what I got going on with my 416ex, Thanx Crixal !

crixal
01-30-2009, 12:28 PM
to be honest, i didn't know they had more than one exhaust. i had the one they offered on their site.. i think it's the high-output or something like that. it made a lot more power w/ all the disc off w/ a turn down tip. i didn't have any motor work done, just a full system & k&n filter. i had it dyno tuned, but don't remember what jets i ended up w/. i really liked that exhaust, it made a lot of power over stock. here's a pic w/ the disc in.

Thumpin
01-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Ok, thanks Crixal! That bike looked pretty nice. Did you trade it for the DS450? I still have my 416ex for a spare bike, but still enjoy riding it, its like going from a ZO6 to a malibu when I switch tho !!! Nothing is as SWEET riding as that DS450X !

crixal
01-30-2009, 10:00 PM
i sold it. i'd like to still have it though.

race proven
01-31-2009, 09:40 AM
motoworks pipes work the best i tried alot of others and found that theres made more power from bottom to top and more tork.

race proven
01-31-2009, 09:42 AM
Motoworks has by far done more testing and put more work into making a better pipe than anyone else on the can-am, they have the west and east coast race team. You think for one min. that those top riders would settle for a pipe that did not make max power.I bet they have tried every pipe out there and there winning races on motoworks pipes.Call can-am and ask whos pipe makes the most power and they will tell you motoworks.Mine works great.

hotshotgoal30
01-31-2009, 09:52 AM
howcome nobody runs yoshi? they usually have a good reputation? bad dynos or something? i think they look nice

crixal
01-31-2009, 06:11 PM
i think different about the motoworks. i weigh 155, i have a full system rossier, rossier intake, and pink wire cut. other guy weighs 130, he has a full system motoworks(sounds like crap), velocity intake, and pc3. both quads are broke in. he is a way better rider than me, too. i rape him by 3-4 quads everytime the whole drag. rossier>motoworks all day.

ProspectorJim
01-31-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by race proven
Motoworks has by far done more testing and put more work into making a better pipe than anyone else on the can-am, they have the west and east coast race team. You think for one min. that those top riders would settle for a pipe that did not make max power.I bet they have tried every pipe out there and there winning races on motoworks pipes.Call can-am and ask whos pipe makes the most power and they will tell you motoworks.Mine works great.

actually I believe Rossier has just as much, if not more testing into their exhaust. Their exhaust is designed for the pink wire mod, so that you don't have to use an FI with the exhaust.

Also if you look at the motoworks racing team quads like Josh Fredericks, their exhausts seem to be larger than the regular one.

WesDS450X
02-01-2009, 02:01 AM
to be honest the pink wire was designed for any aftermarket exhuast system, even with rossier's air kit/exhuast its still gona be a lil lean/rich

johng
02-01-2009, 02:56 AM
Most companies dont build pipes for drag racing. You want to make useable power. Most race inspired exhaust were developed on rider input and unless your racing Baja, your never really tapped out in top gear! If an exhaust is torgueir it will rev out sooner, and the quad will be undergeared in a drag race. I know Rossier makes good stuff and so does Motoworks, but you cant compare a pipe by a drag race. I have been at Glen Helen Track and have seen the Motoworks semi testing different pipe set-ups with thier riders, So I know that Motoworks uses rider input and lap times, But I am not saying that Rossier doesnt.

WesDS450X
02-01-2009, 03:03 AM
Motoworks sounds ****ing amazing, your rossier sounds like a fart can on a 1.6 sohc vtec honda lol

crixal
02-01-2009, 09:09 AM
if you ever lined up w/ me, i guess you would be getting farted on the whole race, lol. i'd compare motoworks full system to anyone else's slip-on.

Wired
02-01-2009, 09:33 AM
motoworks hands down :macho

jlrenken
02-01-2009, 03:17 PM
rossier cost and performance no questions asked

joeyds450x
02-01-2009, 10:20 PM
i cant believe were arguing about this again! LOL

just my input im gna say rossier cuz it was designed for the pink wire setup

mebcop
02-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Originally posted by johng
Most companies dont build pipes for drag racing. You want to make useable power. Most race inspired exhaust were developed on rider input and unless your racing Baja, your never really tapped out in top gear! If an exhaust is torgueir it will rev out sooner, and the quad will be undergeared in a drag race. I know Rossier makes good stuff and so does Motoworks, but you cant compare a pipe by a drag race. I have been at Glen Helen Track and have seen the Motoworks semi testing different pipe set-ups with thier riders, So I know that Motoworks uses rider input and lap times, But I am not saying that Rossier doesnt.

amen to that. someone that thinks outside of drag racing. compared to stock, my ds that has the motoworks pulls 3 to 4 quads on a track versus the one without pipe. that would be 3 to4 every lap. i deffinetly think motoworks has thought this one out because as soon as i got it on there, i thought "now it has everything it was missing".
off the track in a drag race i only pull about a half length over the stock ds. on the track its a totally diff story. its just usable power. that sealed the deal for me.

crixal
02-02-2009, 05:03 PM
i'm done talking about motoworks pipes. they handsdown, without a doubt make THE best pipes on the market. even though they don't make the most power, they still make the most useable power.

atvlover
02-09-2009, 09:45 PM
lol. It's great to hear such great input about the Motoworks pipe. One fact that nobody can deny. Motoworks is the pipe Can Am distributes as a standard item in their sponsorship program. I guess they work!

Mr. Big Time
02-09-2009, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by joeyds450x
i cant believe were arguing about this again! LOL

just my input im gna say rossier cuz it was designed for the pink wire setup

I think its funny when you guys say that rossier is the only company that makes a pipe for the pink wire. Dont you think that if Motoworks in a can-am factory team, that they would make a pipe that is for the pink wire...only makes sense to me. I always get good starts with mine.

And this is gonna be an argument time and time again, because theres always gonna be people who come onto here asking about the best exhaust system, and everybodys gonna state there opinion and argue with the ones they dont like to read.