PDA

View Full Version : Any Body in NY want to go riding????

bwkcobra03
01-17-2009, 09:21 PM
I live in Dutchess countw. My lake is finally safe to ride on We had about 60 ATV's on the lake to day. WHAT A BLAST!!!!

checlk out this link http://whaleylakemarina.com/ and message me back if you want to go. I will be out every weekend this winter

They charge $5 for parking per car and $5 for each atv or snowmobile that you put on there lake.

There alot of trails that can be axcessed from the lake.

TOMCAT631
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
I know the temps are suppose to go up to the 40s this weekend, do you anticipate that the area will still be up and running or will the warmer weather typically force the lake to be closed off?

bwkcobra03
01-23-2009, 04:04 PM
I was just out on the lake checking the ice top make sure it is safe. the ice is almost a foot thick. Tou only need 6 inches to ride an atv on the ice. My friend had his truck out while he was icefishing. The weather we had today only made the snow soft. it is going to drop realy cold tonght and the snow will turn very hard and pack down tighter. It will be like riding on very hard packed dirt.

TOMCAT631
01-23-2009, 05:00 PM
Still trying to see if I can get the wife to approve for a Saturday ride. Worse case scenerio our squad has a trip to PA planned for FEB 5. Please keep me posted on the riding conditions out there. Check out my Webpage at QuadSquad.Ning.Com

bwkcobra03
01-23-2009, 10:05 PM
I just got in from night riding on Whaley Lake it is about 12am now.. Man what a blast. we had about 30 atv's out and a nice bonfire to keep us warm. The snow is packing down realy nicely I am gettingf awesome traction and getting alot of speed.

bwkcobra03
02-02-2009, 07:25 PM
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D