PDA

View Full Version : re-jetting

MyIce
11-14-2001, 11:28 AM
I ordered a big gun exhaust and it says mainjet-128-132...
Do i need to buy something else to rejet it or is it in the settings on the carburator? what all needs to be done?

11-14-2001, 11:48 AM
Well my friend to be honest with you if your not familiar with carbs,,I'd put the exhaust on and take it to a dealer and have them rejet it for you,,,,not trying to discourage you but an improperly tuned carb can lead to a blown up motor,,and you don't want that. Rejetting is not brain surgery but it's not a walk in the park either. BE smart about it if your not sure.

oynot400
11-14-2001, 12:59 PM
Rejetting is not that hard, it sometimes can be a real pain. Get yourself some jets, start with what Big Gun recommends. Everyone says to read the inslutator, which will work but it takes some time to get change the color of the plug. I was told to read the electrode. On the tip it will turn white, the longer down the electrode tells you your mixture. Example, if only the tip had very little white on it, you are running rich. If there is alot of white going down the electorde you are running lean. It is tricky, I will try to get the article from my engine guy and get it scanned to post.
You will not burn up the piston if you are lean, as long as you are not going to take it for a long ride. I would have to guess if all you are doing is adding a pipe then jumping a couple sizes will get you pretty close.
If you need any more help let me know. :)

MyIce
11-14-2001, 01:44 PM
What are the stock size main jets? i need 128-132...
where would be the best place to buy a new main jet?

oynot400
11-14-2001, 02:07 PM
I don't remember what the stock jet sizes are. I got mine at the Honda dealer, just remember the jets from Honda are EXPENSIVE. If I remember right about $10/ jet. Have them get you some after market for like $2-3/ jet.