PDA

View Full Version : need help with 350x motor

TRX_Thumper
12-19-2002, 07:07 PM
im havin trouble gettin the top end back 2gether on my 350x motor...i got the cylinder and head on...now heres the probelm...i can put the cam sprocket on the chain..but theres no way in **** the cam will go on..just to tight a fit...what do you have 2 do to put the cam in these things? it took forever to get the cam out???i have the sidecase off and i can see the cam chain isnt binding anywhere so its at its full length...

whipit
12-19-2002, 07:29 PM
Is the cam chain tensioner still on the jug?? that would sure as **** make it impossible to put the cam on because it would have taken up all the chain slack and being a ratcheting tensioner it will not back off on its own

TRX_Thumper
12-19-2002, 08:23 PM
naw this tensioner isnt on the bike...brand spankin new motor...just pulled off the top end and put new gaskets in it checked everything out since it had been sittin for years...any other ideas?

HOT-ROD
12-19-2002, 08:26 PM
Originally posted by TRX_Thumper
naw this tensioner isnt on the bike...brand spankin new motor...just pulled off the top end and put new gaskets in it checked everything out since it had been sittin for years...any other ideas? make the chain isnt kinked up in the bottom gear .

TRX_Thumper
12-19-2002, 08:31 PM
yeah the clutch sidecase is off its on the lower gear perfect i can see it good...this is really stumping me

300exazzkikr
12-19-2002, 09:21 PM
If i remember correctly, when i put a 350x motor together for a friend. I had a hard time getting the chain on also. I had to take the little cylinder looking thing (sorry about the technical terms) on the back right side (as if sitting on quad) of the cylinder off. Then i was able to get the chain on. Then it was real hard to put that cylinder looking thing back on..it's held on by two bolts. I think it's called the actual chain tensioner. But everything was real tight goin on, but everything worked out ok and it ran like a top. Hope this helps.

danney f
12-19-2002, 11:53 PM
You may want to try unbolting the cam sprocket, put the chain on the sprocket than bolt the sprocket back to the cam. It might be worth a shot.

Burden7
12-20-2002, 07:32 AM
The chain has to be the last thing to go on the sprocket. The cam and sprocket have to go in at some kind of angle and then once the cam fits in the grooves, you put the chain on the sprocket and then the sprocket on the cam. It is kinda hard to explain and it is a pain, but it will eventually go on.

12-20-2002, 08:37 AM
call rocky ridge,,he's the 350X motor guru,,270-259-9604

TRX_Thumper
12-20-2002, 08:48 AM
alright thanks guys...ive already tried what dannyf said...im gonna try what burden said if that doesnt work ill give rocky ridge a call

TRX_Thumper
12-20-2002, 10:10 AM
alright finally i got it together...i should have the motor in my frame and pictures on here 2night

Live2Ride300
12-20-2002, 10:00 PM
Beautiful man, keep us updated.

TRX_Thumper
12-21-2002, 03:51 PM
well i put the motor in the frame...and i noticed i forgot to put in the 2 bolts that hold the head to the cylinder that are upsidedown...well not good...theres broke off bolts in there so back off with the head...i think im goin to just go ahead an slap the 300 motor back in....stock exhaust stock carb and just have a weekend of riding with the new front end since i havnt rode since my race oct 13th....when i get the 350 motor like i want it and done right it will go in...which i may go ahead and put a wiseco piston an white bros cam in...just depends on funding..

panteramatt
12-23-2002, 12:17 PM
I think you should just sell the whole motor to me! HAHAHA!