PDA

View Full Version : pay only "section"?

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 07:03 PM
I know it's been talked about but I'm wondering how many
of us would like a section that was for "paying customer only".
I am not talking about making this a "pay site", just a seperate section like "suspension" or "for sale", so it would not interupt
the other sections and people who didn't want to pay and still
wanted to be on the site would not be affected.

I know I would love to be in a forum with grownups :)

So please, if you don't like the idea, don't say anything,
we know you're there.

So........how many would be interested?

Thanks,
R/T

Taco
12-19-2002, 07:05 PM
I would.

Guy400
12-19-2002, 07:07 PM
Me.

Ralph
12-19-2002, 07:08 PM
if u want a a private forum to get away from the younger riders u should,,, nvm

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 07:10 PM
:rolleyes:

Didn't say "younger", said "grownup" (meaning mentaly mature)

Hope I didn't affend anyone
R/T

AtvMxRider
12-19-2002, 07:12 PM
I'm all for it!!!!!!!!

Ralph
12-19-2002, 07:12 PM
that would eb a diff story but i realy dont have to much money to spend since i am jobless now and put every penny in my quad

12-19-2002, 07:13 PM
i'm in ...i am super mature:huh

toby400ex
12-19-2002, 07:18 PM
yeah maybe we need to thin out the retard population on this site, but i have to save up for a 400ex so i guess i would have to be with the rejectees.:(

phatswinn
12-19-2002, 07:20 PM
so ur talking about age or mentality, cuz im abotu to be very very very offended if your talking about kicking 3/4 of the member out, infact i donno but if its mentality im sure im in, payings def. down the drain, theres a reason people are here, and its not to pay to talk to other members infact to even think of the idea is very childish, but kicking out the retards would be good

12-19-2002, 07:20 PM
thats why i joined ********.com..no 14 year old morons to annoy me. the bad part is the posting is slow

Guy400
12-19-2002, 07:22 PM
Not a single member would get kicked off the site. What he's saying is there'll be a completely new forum just for paying members. EXRiders will remain the same for all non-paying members. Paying members would only have a private forum they could participate in.

Atreyu
12-19-2002, 07:27 PM
i dont think i would agree because a lot of people put money into quads and are saving up for them and they may not have money to spend...most of the people who'd pay would most likely be major members that know a lot and the other forums would be slow. Every one that would pay for the forum would always be in there so they arent wasting there money..so for others it talk about quads or save up for a quad.

Sportrax10
12-19-2002, 07:27 PM
Do any other forum-quad sites plan on making them pay? Im just wondering.

Also, would people be turned down for getting into the private part? Would it be like an open forum where theres less rules? OR only facts.

Im only 14 would I be allowed to go? Am I annoying?

flyin#5
12-19-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Sportraxboy10

Also, would people be turned down for getting into the private part? Would it be like an open forum where theres less rules? OR only facts.

am i annoying..... lol

12-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Im 15 years old. Im not an adult, but im not a dumb stupid kid that posts things like

"A BAO IAY A HADH 4 8 INCHES TRAVEL AND THEN 8 FT AIR 540LB HAT BETTER 4X3? MY FRIEND YRM 80- 4WHEELER HONDAAMAHA AHAHAHAHAAH THAT IS FUNNY SNOWS HERE MY BUDDY NOS IN HCR250 BUT IM NOT SURE

-TAHNSK AYN HELP YOULD BE APPRESIHEID"

but yeah anyways, im mature... and ... knowledgeworthy so you wouldnt be seeing any "RAPTOR VS BANSHEE" topics :eek:

am i in?

590 posts :)

EDIT: 540 posts :eek:

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by phatswinn
so ur talking about age or mentality, cuz im abotu to be very very very offended if your talking about kicking 3/4 of the member out, infact i donno but if its mentality im sure im in, payings def. down the drain, theres a reason people are here, and its not to pay to talk to other members infact to even think of the idea is very childish, but kicking out the retards would be good

Again.........Not kicking anyone off. just a "SEPERATE SECTION"

Please read before relpying.

12-19-2002, 07:38 PM
actually a good idea to choose which members are allowed in, TRUST! We know we could trust the names like rico, 4punks, guy, caster, nausty, ME (yes me :blah), flyin400ex, pappy, phatswin, lrd, bansheeguy, taco.... you know names like those, names that you know.

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by Sportraxboy10

Anyone could read, but only memebers could post.

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 07:41 PM
I say we do it.....don't you want my money Ben?:)
R/T

12-19-2002, 07:43 PM
i think many good threads have been ruined by some jackass coming outta no where to flame someone for things such as spelling and knowledge of quads. not everyone knows everything. look at the thread on the kid who dosen't know of metric tools. i feel bad for him cause he got roasted bad. i'd love to have a site where this kinda **** didn't happen..i'd start my own but i have other things more important then paying for other peoples use.

12-19-2002, 07:45 PM
props to ben and leo for spending time and money on this flame pit. i know i couldn't do it with out going off.

Ralph
12-19-2002, 07:50 PM
Originally posted by Guy432
Not a single member would get kicked off the site. What he's saying is there'll be a completely new forum just for paying members. EXRiders will remain the same for all non-paying members. Paying members would only have a private forum they could participate in.

but then no1 wuld psot in the no paying sectiona nd it would die out, and just like everything else, every1 says they are gonna ay and donate or wutever but hardely any1 ever does...

JOEX
12-19-2002, 07:51 PM
Last time this subject came up I was all for it, ready to "join". But now I don't think it is such a good idea. It would make EXRIDERS an "us" and "them" community....."divide and ye will be conqured".
I'm still willing to pay for special features...exriders email, pic hosting, discounts, etc.
If someone feels strongly enough about an exclusive forum, they should start one of their own and invite who they want.

Joe

Ralph
12-19-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by WOT400ex
actually a good idea to choose which members are allowed in, TRUST! We know we could trust the names like rico, 4punks, guy, caster, nausty, ME (yes me :blah), flyin400ex, pappy, phatswin, lrd, bansheeguy, taco.... you know names like those, names that you know.

i feel so honord... first of all i would like to thank god...

Ralph
12-19-2002, 07:54 PM
and once there is a forum for all the spart members, THERE WILL NOT E ANY QUESTIONS wichj is the whole point of the site. and it will also scare away new members

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 07:58 PM
I actually think a pay feature just for access to a forum is not a great idea, but paying for added benefits is. As far as someone choosing who "would be allowed"....I just have to lmao at that comment altogether. :rolleyes:

JOEX
12-19-2002, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by Lrd Mx400ex
and once there is a forum for all the spart members, THERE WILL NOT E ANY QUESTIONS wichj is the whole point of the site. and it will also scare away new members
So I guess you wont be there:D hehehe:D

Joe

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Ben,
You could have a premium membership in which paying members would get t-shirt, stickers, etc...**** even a coffee mug. There are a lot of ideas. I even think including an EXriders chatroom as a pay benefit would be an idea.

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:01 PM
Well Jim we know you wouldnt be invited... :)

Ralph
12-19-2002, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by AlaskaSpeed
Ben,
You could have a premium membership in which paying members would get t-shirt, stickers, etc...**** even a coffee mug. There are a lot of ideas. I even think including an EXriders chatroom as a pay benefit would be an idea.

he shoots, HE SCORES, very good idea..i like the chat

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 08:08 PM
I guess some of the replys here are a good example of
what I'm talking about. I made a point to explain very
clearly that I wasn't talking about making the "site" a
pay site but a seperate section, that I was looking to see
how many people DID want to do it and to PLEASE not
reply with why you don't think we should do it.
I bet this is what comes after my thread.

"Hey Jim"
"hay Joe"
"what's up?"
"just eatin sum fries"...................

This is america ***hole, if you don't think people should
reply to your threads then I hope you ****ing die!!!!!!
Idiot!!!

And so on......and so on.....

I tried:confused:

Thanks,
R/T

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by yellowex01
Well Jim we know you wouldnt be invited... :)

Scott...PLEASE COME TO GLAMIS OVER THANKSGIVING 2003!!!!!!! :D :D :p

12-19-2002, 08:13 PM
Anyone else notice this?
Anyone else notice that none of the bolts or nuts fit normal wrenches. I have tried both loosening or tighting, but the sockets don't fit it snuggly(either to small or slightly big) and end up strippig the head. Why is this? Do I have to buy a special HONDA wrench set?

Ever heard of the METRIC system...LMFAO!

THATS THE FUNNIEST S*** I HEARD ALL WEEK.

so how hard is it to say use metric tools in a nice way?

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Ok Jim now you hurt my feelings.. Now I might not make that trip out west next turkey day:(

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ridinthedunes
I guess some of the replys here are a good example of
what I'm talking about. I made a point to explain very
clearly that I wasn't talking about making the "site" a
pay site but a seperate section, that I was looking to see
how many people DID want to do it and to PLEASE not
reply with why you don't think we should do it.
I bet this is what comes after my thread.

"Hey Jim"
"hay Joe"
"what's up?"
"just eatin sum fries"...................

This is america ***hole, if you don't think people should
reply to your threads then I hope you ****ing die!!!!!!
Idiot!!!

And so on......and so on.....

I tried:confused:

Thanks,
R/T

What did you try?....lol....you give up on your idea just because you couldn't stop some of the guys from replying against your wishes? sheeesh

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 08:16 PM
PLEASE........

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:16 PM
Ok Jim now you hurt my feelings.. Now I might not make that trip out west next turkey day:(

Hey.....I hoped the smiley face would let you know I was being sarcastic.....:D I will jab at someone playfully when they jab at me......stick and move, stick and move....:cool:

ridinthedunes
12-19-2002, 08:17 PM

What did you try?....lol....you give up on your idea just because you couldn't stop some of the guys from replying against your wishes? sheeesh

Not giving up......Just pulling my sympothy card;)

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:17 PM
Thats alright when you see the R blowin by ya just wave :)

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:19 PM
If they went with a pay site, does that mean everyone that pays has a vested interest in exriders?

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:19 PM
Thats alright when you see the R blowin by ya just wave :)

If I wanna see an R blowin up, I'll ask Beerock to come....LOL

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:20 PM
Ouch.. Where has ole beerock been?

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:21 PM
If they went with a pay site, does that mean everyone that pays has a vested interest in exriders?

Yeah...good idea...I will start printing up stock certificates and see if Merril Lynch will do the IPO......LOL:D

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:22 PM
Originally posted by ridinthedunes

Not giving up......Just pulling my sympothy card;)

Ahhhh...very ingenious.....I like your style!

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:22 PM
I can see it now on Nasdaq... I think it would fall into the penny stock category..

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:23 PM
I never thought I would post this....but NUMBER 900!!!!!!!!:D

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Now see thats exactly the kind of thing we could get away from in a pay section.

JOEX
12-19-2002, 08:25 PM
Posting an idea, question or statement in ANY forum will always get positive AND negative replies. That is what a forum is all about. This subject has been discussed before with the same replies and with no change in the format of EXRIDERS.
I am still willing to pay for special features, but making a seperate forum for "special" members will not be good for EXRIDERS.

I do wish Ben and/or the mods would respond to the threads in the Comments and Suggetstions section more often. In my opinion every thread in that section should have a reply by Ben or a Mod.

Joe

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:26 PM
I thought every post in the same thread counted as one.

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:28 PM
Oops guess not.

JOEX
12-19-2002, 08:30 PM
So much for a mature thread:rolleyes:

Joe

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
So much for a mature thread:rolleyes:

Joe

Yea really.....

razer
12-19-2002, 08:33 PM
I think strong moderators that don't tolerate nonsense or trashing other members is a better approach. When you start with a pay site, you end up with fewer members and often you get a small, clickish type board that is basically just a few people using the forum as a type of email between their friends.

I say keep it open and growing, unrestrictive except to the creeps and internet bullies you see on a lot of other boards. And I think moderators are the key to it.

The smartest thing that was done was to make a Honda board. That cuts out a lot of the 'Yamaha sucks' or 'Suzuki rules' type of bashing that goes on at the other boards.

I vote to keep it open and free, but give members a short leash.

Ralph
12-19-2002, 08:35 PM
^word^

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:38 PM
^word^

....to your muther.........:D

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:38 PM

Yea really.....

.....great, Scott...now you've ruined everything!:o

HONDA55
12-19-2002, 08:39 PM
I'm confused, when does having money make you mature:confused:

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:42 PM
I am really sorry. I didnt mean to ruin everyones fun..

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:45 PM
Originally posted by HONDA55
I'm confused, when does having money make you mature:confused:

How about you go take a stroll over to the Cannondale Riders website and see how many flames you find? How about threads about who's mom is the hottest, what brand of jeans do you wear, etc.....
Money in itself does not make you mature, but most inmature people don't have jobs or responsibilities; and can't afford a Cannondale..............JMO

JOEX
12-19-2002, 08:48 PM

How about you go take a stroll over to the Cannondale Riders website and see how many flames you find? How about threads about who's mom is the hottest, what brand of jeans do you wear, etc.....
Money in itself does not make you mature, but most inmature people don't have jobs or responsibilities; and can't afford a Cannondale..............JMO

Very true.

Joe

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Very true.

Joe

do you get a tshirt when you are a member of the JabberJaw club? :D

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 08:52 PM
I have a job but sometimes the sarcasm side of me takes over and I just cant help myself.. Plus I really dont post all that much..

JOEX
12-19-2002, 09:01 PM

do you get a tshirt when you are a member of the JabberJaw club? :D
Well, since this thread already went down the the tubes, i'll continue to respond;)
I'm not not an official member of the the JabberJaw fan club.
I don't even know if there is an Official JabberJaw fan club.
I don't think I want a JabberJaw t-shirt....can you imagine what he does with them?:D

Joe

AlaskaSpeed
12-19-2002, 09:02 PM
I have a job but sometimes the sarcasm side of me takes over and I just cant help myself.. Plus I really dont post all that much..

LOL.....yeah...you cause all sorts of trouble in that Yahoo 400ex users group too.....:D

JOEX
12-19-2002, 09:06 PM

LOL.....yeah...you cause all sorts of trouble in that Yahoo 400ex users group too.....:D

I was gonna ask you how that club is going;)

Joe

HONDA55
12-19-2002, 09:29 PM
Well I've been there and there's about 4 to 5 members on at any given time. I don't think thats what they want to see here.

quadfamily
12-19-2002, 09:31 PM
A pay forum won't help at all. Everybody just think of a member of this site who you would definately NOT want on the pay forum. Someone who annoys you and who's BS you're trying to get away from. Did you think of someone? OK, So now you pay your money to be free of this person and you get into the private forum and guess who's there??? That's right. So what did the pay forum accomplish? Then there will be people who start fights on the pay forum and get mad when you try to moderate them because after all they're "paying members" and therefore should be able to post whatever they want! See where this is going?? Just my opinion, a gut feeling, I could be wrong.

JOEX
12-19-2002, 09:34 PM
Thank you quadfamily.

Joe

yellowex01
12-19-2002, 09:44 PM
I am surprised Gabe hasnt kicked me to the curb yet... :)

300exryder
12-20-2002, 06:30 AM
pay site.......no way. What about the 15 year old kids that use this site for informational purposes and to help others out. Having a separate section for paying members would weed out all of the lame posts and useless flaming caused by immature kids, but I am in no position to pay .. i dont have any money!! lol
If you have paying section and a non-paying section, no one would post in the non-paying section. Let's keep it the way it is and have the mods get a little more strict with the rules and kick some of the immature kids out. There si nothing i like doing better than surfing EXRiders.com. Don't take that away from me. ( i know, I know, i am making it seem like the membership fee is like $100 or something)

~~End Rant~~

12-20-2002, 06:36 AM
I am in no way gonna pay for this stupid site...come on..we spend hundreds maybe even thousands of dollars on our quads a year and if I have to pay $10 a year for this site with all the useful information it provides I'll just have to go to atvconfusion.com from now on..:rolleyes: :blah

exriderdude
12-20-2002, 07:35 AM
i think quadfamily is absolutly right:square

Zuki
12-20-2002, 12:22 PM
Personally, anyone not intelligent or mature enough to comprehend what was CLEARLY stated in the original thread post should have NO say, Nor be allowed to join. How many times do you have to repetitively explain something so simple. It doesnt ask if this should be a pay site. Only would anyone be interested in a "Pay/Member Only TOPIC". Example, for the literacy defunct, A TOPIC INSIDE THE FORUM " $$$$$$$ " only allowing access to THAT TOPIC ONLY to a paying member. The rest of the forum remains as-is. It's not asking whether or not you like the idea. POST ONLY IF YOU'RE INTERESTED.

Prolly shouldnt have any of those stupid Suzuki riders there either. I hear they're nothing but trouble.
"Get Hooked On Phonics.....It worked for me!":blah :blah

Ralph
12-20-2002, 01:56 PM
but only the didicated members of the site would pay, and then there would not be any questions for us to answer cause we know most of them, and it will take away the good members from the regular cuase the paying is better. just stop *****ing and whining, instead of spending money pn crap there should instead be a chatroom or other things

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 02:02 PM
I hope more people read this thread.......it shows exactly
why I started the thread in the first place.
R/T

Ralph
12-20-2002, 02:17 PM
just get over the whole pay section thing, it has been considerd hundreds of times before u were here and it always didnt happen, cause no1 will pay! people dont eaven pay 5 dollars for a chance to win 500$. hundreds oof people said they would uy shirts, not half of them did.

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 02:59 PM
Don't get so defensive, try being a little open minded.
Do you have another solution to the problem? If so, I'm
sure everyone would love to hear it....seriously.
It's easy to say this is the way it's always been, so
it must be the best way. But I think that it would be nice
to see some replys that took a little thought.
R/T

Ralph
12-20-2002, 03:01 PM
the soltion is get over it. if it others u so much that there is a rating for every post then u have a prob.

the reason we have mods is to take care of the fools

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 03:06 PM
the soltion is get over it. if it others u so much that there is a rating for every post then u have a prob.

the reason we have mods is to take care of the fools

Not sure what you meant by "if it bothers you so much that there
is a rating for every post then you have a problem"

Ralph
12-20-2002, 03:31 PM
well people have been whinnign lately about the rating of threads.

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 03:43 PM
OHHH:rolleyes: I get it....you were telling "me" I have a problem
because of some things that some "other" people, on some "other" threads said.

Again........it would be nice to hear some replys with some
"thought" in them.

I hope people are still reading
:D
R/T

2fastandfurious
12-20-2002, 03:46 PM
This seems like a good way to help Ben get some money for our chat room. Maybe the chat room could be for pay-only as well. I'd really like to see a chat room up here asap.
ideas...
open chat
motor chat
suspension chat....
Ect ect

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 03:48 PM
Originally posted by 2fastandfurious
This seems like a good way to help Ben get some money for our chat room. Maybe the chat room could be for pay-only as well. I'd really like to see a chat room up here asap.
ideas...
open chat
motor chat
suspension chat....
Ect ect

Would we have the same problem with a chat room?
I was thinking the only benifit to a chat room would
be that it's faster.
Thanks,
R/T

2fastandfurious
12-20-2002, 03:53 PM
Well,
It also helps for those of us that just like chatting. It would be really nice to be able to do that in a chat format instead of the fourm. My connection isnt the fastest and it takes some time for everything to load when replying back to people. I think a chat room is just a good idea as a pay only section. I do think that we need a pay only section though. Exriders needs to get money some how besdies little things here and there and the quad shop. Something like 20 bucks that gets you a really good pay area.... maybe even a further discount at the store. Also you could stop the discount to exriders and only offer it to the pay members. Lots of possiblites. I'd love to see this thing roll though.
-Ben

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 03:57 PM
I like it!

2fastandfurious
12-20-2002, 03:59 PM
500 pay customers by $20.00, $10,000
-Thats gotta be enough to support exriders for ALONGGGGGGG time!
-Ben

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 04:05 PM
And that's if only 10% joined..........I think?

Ralph
12-20-2002, 04:19 PM
not eaven 50 people spent 5$ on something that they could win 500$ with. my point is people will say that they will join and no1 will show up, i am sure ben(the admin) knows what im talking about

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 04:24 PM
were you talking to "me"? or some "other" people
on some "other" thread?

Thanks for all your help and positive input:rolleyes:

Ralph
12-20-2002, 04:34 PM
im just saying its a sumb idea

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 04:39 PM
We all know what you're saying (that it's a sumb idea),
you've said it enough now. No wonder you've gotten over
1000 posts in less than 2 months.........

Ralph
12-20-2002, 04:50 PM
yeah cause im such a post whore, u see me all over, and btw, i have been here for 2 years now and the 1000 posts are from one of my older names that i transferd.

ridinthedunes
12-20-2002, 05:01 PM
Sorry, I guess it was 407 posts in 54 days.

I can't believe I'm having this converstation.:)

Anyone want to talk about a Pay section, or paid chat room?

R/T

4punksdad
12-20-2002, 06:22 PM

AlaskaSpeed
12-20-2002, 06:53 PM
Don't even try to carry on a conversation with this guy....it's obvious he has no interest in helping. I already posted my idea and it seems pretty damn good.....lol

Ralph
12-20-2002, 09:57 PM
i have total interest in the site, thats why i donated ben some money and bought some raffle tickets, i just dont think its a smart idea to split the site into 2

Scott
12-20-2002, 10:43 PM
Again, like in the other threads on this subject, I'm all for it.

If you want a chat room, there's already about a bazillion of them on the net, go find one to talk about your gf/school/RC toys/paintball/video games/music/trucks/cars/porn/BMX/skateboarding/etc,etc,etc.

As for the divide and be conquered thing, who's invading?

I'm sick of checking the new threads and having half or more be off topic posts. A few here and there are great, keeps things interesting. But 75 O/T's out of 100 posts and this isn't a site about quads anymore, it's a BS session where some people mention quads every now and then.

As for the mods "fixing" it, there aren't enough hours in the day. Way too many members and threads compared to the number of mods. They do a great job catching the profanity and most of the flames, but they can't be expected to go through every new topic and weed out the BS as well. And doing it all for free!

<puts on his asbestos suit and braces for the flaming onslaught>

4punksdad
12-21-2002, 12:28 PM
old & cranky...........since there aren't enough hours in the day, I guess I will have to stay up all night :D