PDA

View Full Version : rossier exhaust

crixal
01-16-2009, 08:53 PM
i installed it about 10 minutes. it fit up better than the factory exhaust. it weighted prolly a quarter of what the factory can did. i'm very satisfied w/ the exhaust. i took it for a few runs up and down the street and it really added a lot of power. it's extremely loud. i made a sound clip, but it really doesn't do it justice http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cn_MeZ2gzcA

hotshotgoal30
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
i think im sold on this exhaust. is it $459.00 for the full system?

crixal
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
i paid 660 for the exhaust, intake, outerwear, and shipping. i got it because i've never seen one in person. everyone i see either has an hmf or sparks. it has an awesome sound & gave it a real nice power boost. it runs very good w/ just the pink wire cut. i'm gonna get the pc3 soon just for the fine tune though.

ltr311
01-16-2009, 10:19 PM
I think you made the right choice. Ive tested the rossier on several machines and have been very impressed with the power. On the ltr its one of the top three out of atleast 15 Ive tested. My best friend runs it on his ltr and it has been good to him. Huge bottom end. Perfect for the can am.

Im sure you will love it. Loud for sure but still sounds barkie. Enjoy.

crixal
01-17-2009, 05:17 AM
ya, thank you, ltr. you made my decision a lot easier. i'm riding it today. i'm riding w/ a guy i've been neck & neck w/, so i'll see how much better it pulls.

TNT
01-17-2009, 07:03 AM
See dyno's don't tell it all. Now go kick some DASA KTM and Ron Woods LTR butt, LMAO!!! :D

ltr311
01-17-2009, 10:13 AM
Mr genious, ron woods doesnt have a pipe for the ltr. YOu should know that with your endless knowledge right? Rossier is a killer pipe, I KNOW because I have experience with atv scnene, building tuning etc etc. Your degree dont mean crap if you havent been there done that. Go back to the drawing board and let us know what you find. Itll be the exact things Ive already told you. Your just to damn stubborn and put yourself so far up on a pedastool that you are blind to what others say.

Youll figure it out and when you do be a man and admitt you were wrong. Specifically your air box theory. LOL

ltr311
01-17-2009, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by crixal
ya, thank you, ltr. you made my decision a lot easier. i'm riding it today. i'm riding w/ a guy i've been neck & neck w/, so i'll see how much better it pulls.

Nice let us know for sure. Im excited to hear your results. Just becareful your bike is probably a bit lean with that intake setup. Atleast make sure you have the outerware on it, if your lid is off. Bikes can get away with exhaust but when you add a bigger filter, it leans them out alot. Good luck and have fun.

crixal
01-17-2009, 12:48 PM
just got back from riding. i raced a guy that was neck & neck w/ me the hole time when i was stock, now i jump out way ahead of him and finish about 4 quads ahead of him. i'm very satisfied w/ it. i think like ltr311 said, it's a little lean. i'm prolly not gonna ride it again until the power comannder gets here. the pipe & intake made a huge difference. i recommend it.

TNT
01-17-2009, 01:08 PM
Doubt if your running lean w/EFI, pull the plugs and see. So are you running no air box and pick wire cut? What gear were you in when you got the guy? Where did you race him street, dirt?

When are you going to DYNO stock vs Rossier see what you got?

WesDS450X
01-17-2009, 01:12 PM
when i dropped my ds off at the dealer for mount and flywheel parts, im also having them install my DM-5 Wideband AFR Gauge. i did some talking with a highly respected yamaha builder here on the west coast and he said these are a must have for EFI

crixal
01-17-2009, 02:02 PM
i'm running an air box, just no lid. we were racing on the sand. i had him the hole time. i really started to pull away when i hit 3rd gear though. the guy i raced was riding a 2006 honda 450r w/ sparks exhaust, sparks filter, hrc cam, and a dyno tune. i think he dynoed at 47.2. he's prolly the better rider of the two of us also. so it was the quad that won the race, lol. i'm gonna make another sound clip when my daughter goes to bed. i'll get the intake in the video also.

TNT
01-17-2009, 02:16 PM
i'm running an air box, just no lid. we were racing on the sand. i had him the hole time. i really started to pull away when i hit 3rd gear though. the guy i raced was riding a 2006 honda 450r w/ sparks exhaust, sparks filter, hrc cam, and a dyno tune. i think he dynoed at 47.2. he's prolly the better rider of the two of us also. so it was the quad that won the race, lol. i'm gonna make another sound clip when my daughter goes to bed. i'll get the intake in the video also.

Take the air box off you'll pick up about 15hp in the sand, mud, grime, smog, clouds, outer space, it don't matter!!!!! ask 311.....LMAO! :D :blah:

Check your rear axles and bearings and chain will really rob power if worn..

So where did you purchase it from Rossier themselves or ebay? Surprised the filter fit in the box not much room for a bigger filter, so the K&N outside diameter is not bigger than stock?

WesDS450X
01-17-2009, 03:12 PM
idk what u mean about the k&n TNT, but if u want i could email you a pic of my old airbox+my k&n setup and the k&n is massive lol

TNT
01-17-2009, 03:38 PM
long day and night last night sorry dnt know why I said K&N but still that Rossier is huge it wont fit in the 09 air box....Yeah send me a pic Wes.....Terrylport@yahoo.com...

That suck if I got do a 311 and take it out. LMAO!

Thanks brother from a different mother! :D :eek2:

WesDS450X
01-17-2009, 04:57 PM
what yeah think about that K&N TNT? im pretty sure its bigger then rossiers filter =P

crixal
01-17-2009, 05:37 PM
not saying you are lying, but i don't think a bigger filter will fit in there. maybe another 1/2 inch long at the most. i bought the stuff from rossier. they are very professional people. great service.

bwkcobra03
01-17-2009, 08:54 PM
Wow the exhaust you got looks and sounds awesome.

I was out ridint today and I met alot of guys with different exhausts. Man some of them way too loud.

I want to get the bill balanced but i think it is going to be to loud. One guy had it on his lt450r man it was ear pearsing.

Does anyone know if there is much differance in power from the HMF regular exhaust and the HMF QRS exhaust??????

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 06:25 AM
Originally posted by bwkcobra03

I want to get the bill balanced but i think it is going to be to loud. One guy had it on his lt450r man it was ear pearsing.

Does anyone know if there is much differance in power from the HMF regular exhaust and the HMF QRS exhaust??????

there is no difference in power just one is quiter than the other... this is wut hmf told me

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 06:29 AM
bwkcobra, did ya check out the video i have on here of my exhaust the ballance pro.. (not qrs) its very loud but it comes with a free quiet core if you order it from atv galaxy and free shippind is always nice!

bwkcobra03
01-18-2009, 06:43 AM
Whats up joe I saw your vids also it sounds very good nice donuts.

Have you tried using your quiet core? Is there much differance in sound or power???

I was always told people if they think its too lout then they are too old. LoL I must be getting tooooooo ooolllllllddddddddd. Maybe after I get my Quiet race exhaust I should become a member to AARP. lol

crixal
01-18-2009, 08:15 AM
i'm not the biggest fan of loud pipes and i don't like to brag about having a loud pipe but the rossier is way louder than the hmf. i think the hmf is one of the best sounding exhaust. never had one, but just based of sound i would recommend it. i didn't get it because 9 out of 10 people here have one.

WesDS450X
01-18-2009, 10:48 AM
HMF is louder then rossier, iv heard rossier ron woods motoworks yoshi all in person on the ds from idle to rev limiter and it goes like this , hmf motoworks yoshi rossiers ron woods

crixal
01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
well, if you're right i'm glad i got what i did. cause any louder and i would have a headache after every ride, lol

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 12:19 PM
ive only heard rossier on a yfz and it was louder than mine and mines very loud.... i have only seen a handfull of people on here have a hmf.... that only means one thing.. its the best lol no i wanted the rossier but i couldnt afford it good choice crixal sounds really good! im a lil jealous lol

bwkcobra ill make a video of the before the quiet core and after the quiet core is installed ill post em just 4 you lol

crixal
01-18-2009, 01:06 PM
thank for your comment, joey. here's a new sound clip. it's a little better than the last one. i also took a few pics. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIGUF5wZH_o

crixal
01-18-2009, 01:06 PM
head pipe

crixal
01-18-2009, 01:07 PM
free air intake

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 01:17 PM
wow crixal i think youneed a bigger filter! LOL that thing is huge

crixal
01-18-2009, 03:28 PM
ya, it's pretty big, lol. what filter are you running?

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
ya, it's pretty big, lol. what filter are you running?

Stock for now till I get a k and n. This is very hard to type on the iPod touch LOL

WesDS450X
01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Joey your a tool! ipod touch is fo tools! lolol pipe looks good on yea bike. get a K&N filter

joeyds450x
01-18-2009, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by WesDS450X
Joey your a tool! ipod touch is fo tools! lolol pipe looks good on yea bike. get a K&N filter

It's my girlfriends I got it for her for Christmas LOL

Idk if I'm gna get the k and n I'm gna get wutever is cheaper I'm sure they are the same quality neways. I'm prolly gona wait for an airbox eliminator kit before I get a aftermarket airfilter

ltr311
01-18-2009, 07:31 PM
Originally posted by TNT1
Doubt if your running lean w/EFI, pull the plugs and see. So are you running no air box and pick wire cut? What gear were you in when you got the guy? Where did you race him street, dirt?

When are you going to DYNO stock vs Rossier see what you got?

Hey just so you know mr genius. This machine does not have a map or maf sensor so it cannot adjust afr like an automobile will. It has a set map in it. You need a fuel controller to adjust it. So yes his bike is lean. Be careful. You have alot to learn my friend.

TNT
01-18-2009, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by ltr311
Hey just so you know mr genius. This machine does not have a map or maf sensor so it cannot adjust afr like an automobile will. It has a set map in it. You need a fuel controller to adjust it. So yes his bike is lean. Be careful. You have alot to learn my friend.

It has a MAP sensor I just pulled it out today buy whatever you say.

dbkbushwacker
01-18-2009, 09:02 PM
How many steps does the header have?

ltr311
01-18-2009, 09:27 PM
It has a MAP sensor I just pulled it out today buy whatever you say.

Are you sure it wasnt an air intake temp sensor?????

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 05:22 AM
According to Rossier, the pink wire mod is set up specifically for his exhaust and air filter kit. When I spoke to him he stated there was no need for an FMI with his set up as he worked w Can Am in designing his setup with their map in pre production of the DS450.

I would do some plug reads amd see if the bike is stumbling anywhere before I spent the extra money with an FMI.

TNT
01-19-2009, 05:37 AM
You last two above are insulting, 311 and his theories he has no "real world" concept of the DS EFI and Blizzard telling me things I already know. Go figure!! :rolleyes:

Two peas in a pod legends and Masters in their own minds! LMFAO!

311 a MAP sensor and vacuum pressure is not required too determine EFI....you really dont know what the he** your talking about. The DS has and Ambient Air and Temp Sensor in the air box you like to remove and MAP in the intake that determine air density and send it to the ECM. I'd explain exactly how the two work together but I am sure you or Blizzard already know? Please tell me how the ECM makes it's calculations too? or is that not "useful" enough info for you Mr. Blizzard? Hmmm maybe the dyno will tell us, 311 thats your cue!! lol! :blah:

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 06:31 AM
You last two above are insulting, 311 and his theories he has no "real world" concept of the DS EFI and Blizzard telling me things I already know. Go figure!! :rolleyes:

Two peas in a pod legends and Masters in their own minds! LMFAO!

311 a MAP sensor and vacuum pressure is not required too determine EFI....you really dont know what the he** your talking about. The DS has and Ambient Air and Temp Sensor in the air box you like to remove and MAP in the intake that determine air density and send it to the ECM. I'd explain exactly how the two work together but I am sure you or Blizzard already know? Please tell me how the ECM makes it's calculations too? or is that not "useful" enough info for you Mr. Blizzard? Hmmm maybe the dyno will tell us, 311 thats your cue!! lol! :blah:

Was I talking to you in any way??? No, so dont drag me into your BS, I was refering to Crixal who OWNS the setup, I dont want to see him waste money if he doesnt need to.
As for your info... No it isnt useful, didnt you say you were going to stop posting here and go frequent another forum? I see you are still here?
Wasnt it you that didnt know what an airbox lid was? Oh yeah... I see your vast experience in Aero engineering helped you with the basics... An airbox lid?!?!?!?! You Mr TNT are a joke!

TNT
01-19-2009, 07:03 AM
Now let me tell you a few things Mr. Blizzard and your continuous mocking of the American education……I’m pretty sure you must not be American or you’d understand the lack of kids growing up in this country that are not excelling in Engineering, Math, and Science..Yes I am proud of my Education I worked very hard for it from the poverty level, and now I reep the benefits! It does pay off to get an education and the Engineering degree is a prestigious one that pays extremely well amongst other benefits. Thats why the Japs and Canadians are designing these products, that’s why I see more and more foreign nationals in the Aerospace industry because of your two attitudes and mocking! There are kids out here that have told me they are interested in the Engineering aspects and are trying to understand my post. For them I decided not to let jokers like you run me off and let them down, that’s why I tried to put the Weight and CG thread simply for them not you, but your ego Blizzard got in the way and "insulted".

As for you and ltr that are insulted or want to challenge my post it’s very simply DON”T READ THEM, someone else might benefit from them just because you are not.

I rely on this site for good DS info and I have learned a lot even from you Mr Blizzard and LTR, and I will not let you or anyone else drive me away. Now if it continues I will take it up with the Moderator. I’m done playing with you two it was a joke that is now going too far.

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
Now let me tell you a few things Mr. Blizzard and your continuous mocking of the American education……I’m pretty sure you must not be American or you’d understand the lack of kids growing up in this country that are not excelling in Engineering, Math, and Science..Yes I am proud of my Education I worked very hard for it from the poverty level, and now I reep the benefits! It does pay off to get an education and the Engineering degree is a prestigious one that pays extremely well amongst other benefits. Thats why the Japs and Canadians are designing these products, that’s why I see more and more foreign nationals in the Aerospace industry because of your two attitudes and mocking! There are kids out here that have told me they are interested in the Engineering aspects and are trying to understand my post. For them I decided not to let a joker like you run me off and let them down, that’s why I tried to put the Weight and CG thread simply for them not you, but your ego got in the way.

As for you and ltr that are insulted or want to challenge my post it’s very simply DON”T READ THEM, someone else might benefit from them just because you are not.

I rely on this site for good DS info and I have learned a lot even from you Mr Blizzard and LTR, and I will not let you or anyone else drive me away. Now if it continues I will take it up with the Moderator. I’m done playing with you two it was joke that is now going too far.

My continuous mocking of American Education??? You are the only person I have an issue with here as you are the one that starts throwing out garbage to individuals as you "THINK" you know better then the rest of us, LTR311 posts his dyno readings on here and you tell him he is incorrect, I post about an aftermarket clutch basket that has been time tested with racers in all aspects of motorsports, yet you say it isnt worth it as a stock cast basket is just fine. You are the individual that continuously mocks the rest of us sir. You have come on to this forum as a self righteous know-it-all who thinks because of his education he is more intelligent than the rest of the members here and your education entitles you some superior status among atv riders, owners, manufacturers, engine builders and so on.
go to the moderators sir, tell Harlen you and I arent getting along so I should be banned.

Your initial comment above is exactly what I am refering to, my comments are directed to YOU, not American Education, get off your high horse as YOU ARE NOT AMERICAN EDUCATION.

Any time you wish to further discuss this PM me, I do not want to clog this or any other thread up with this type of BS.

TNT
01-19-2009, 08:22 AM
I said the 09 cast basket is just fine, it has been redesigned there is no history of failure you cant argue with that……If you can as you like to require show me proof that the "09" basket has failed? For an 08 replacement I do 09 stock or Motoworks full assy…..just my opinion!

LTR neglects many variables in his dyno comparisons, you even made a very good point about weight to power ratio he fails to list in his comparisons. He comes on this site stating how bad the dyno results are on the DS while at the same time DASA, Protec, Natalie, Miller, etc….are getting awesome results at a low weight and you don't have a problem with him ltr311. I have also told LTR I respect his knowledge and experience but don't agree with everything he says. I know he doesn't agree with all I say. So be it!

I just got done stating in last post I have learned a lot, that’s is being "humble" (look the word up), it means and I have said this in many of my post "I don't claim to know it all" ….that hinson alkalized you brought up we don't use much of that here so I went and looked it up and learned a little….I thought it might do good as a skid then you go off on a soap!

This is nothing new to me I am a mechanic, been in manufacturing for 25 years seen it all! Mechanics out in the shop think the engineers are idiots and engineers think they are idiots but we work together settle our differences meet in the middle and build the best products in the world.

Soon as I get my quad on a dyno I'll be interested to see if I add ten pounds of weight if I loose 1hp…..I'd be interested in that formula if you have one.

I have no problem with either of you if I did I'd PM my goal is to build a fast DS for my son next season and nothing will stand in my way. Almost got my engine out then we shall see.

ScottB125
01-19-2009, 08:41 AM
ltr, so the PCM doesn't use a MAP? I have been trying to find out for sure if it did/didn't. I thought I found what looked like one, but wasn;t sure.

TNT, dynos aren't affected by weight...just rotational mass. You can add 1000#'s to a car and it will make the same power.
Tires, wheels, tire pressure, DS, trans all will affect your power output.

TNT
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by ScottB125
TNT, dynos aren't affected by weight...just rotational mass. You can add 1000#'s to a car and it will make the same power.

That just substantiates more that dynos are just for tuning if you want to see the effects of mods, weight, go run some lap times or something else.

I'm looking fwd to seeing these big ports Scott in a day or so and seeing what we can do with them later…..think I am going with a big bore we are making ourselves to match them. Probably design and make our own pipe and intake too.

WesDS450X
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
yur all dumb!

TNT
01-19-2009, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by ScottB125
ltr, so the PCM doesn't use a MAP? I have been trying to find out for sure if it did/didn't. I thought I found what looked like one, but wasn;t sure.

Wait a minute if I take 10 lbs of weight while on the dyno and put it on the seat it is affecting the rotating mass and friction on the motor and tires, ...it be the same thing as putting a dyno load on the motor, right?

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 10:22 AM

Soon as I get my quad on a dyno I'll be interested to see if I add ten pounds of weight if I loose 1hp…..I'd be interested in that formula if you have one.

P-W Ratio:

DS450 360 lbs- 48.5 hp
LTR450 415 lbs- 51 hp
=

DS450= .135 hp/lb
LTR450= .123 hp/lb

For the LTR to make the same P-W ratio as the DS450 listed in LRT311's dynos it would need 56hp at 415 lbs or weigh 375lbs at 51hp.

You wont lose hp as you stated, you will need 1 more hp to have the same results in acceleration/ time

ltr311
01-19-2009, 11:03 AM
Its useless trying to argue with someone so arrogant. He doesnt even know anything about quads. He continuously is back peddling.

Tnt do this forum a favor. Post when you have something valid to relay. You theories are far from factual. Stick to what you know until you fully understand what your dealing with. If you listened you would learn a thing or two. Me as well as many others have been doing it alot longer than you think. Maybe you have a degree and your good at what you do. But Im good at what I do and dont need you discrediting my threads or info I post. Have a good day.

TNT
01-19-2009, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
P-W Ratio:

DS450 360 lbs- 48.5 hp
LTR450 415 lbs- 51 hp
=

DS450= .135 hp/lb
LTR450= .123 hp/lb

For the LTR to make the same P-W ratio as the DS450 listed in LRT311's dynos it would need 56hp at 415 lbs or weigh 375lbs at 51hp.

You wont lose hp as you stated, you will need 1 more hp to have the same results in acceleration/ time

Good info, thanks....DS is a rock solid machine backed by some of the best Engineering, Manufacturing Technology, and racing pro's in the industry.

crixal
01-24-2009, 09:22 AM
going to the dyno today to get a stock run & pipe & intake run. i'll post the results when i get home.