PDA

View Full Version : Anybody watch Bush say goodbye?

Giz400ex
01-16-2009, 04:52 PM
Was wondering on what your thoughts were about Bush's final speech as president?

ZeroLogic
01-16-2009, 04:53 PM
Are you talkin about the one earlier this week? If so, hes a *******. He took it as a joke.:o

<DRS>GPF
01-16-2009, 05:04 PM
i watched enough to know he's completely out of touch with the real world.

good riddance to bad rubbish.

jcv400ex
01-16-2009, 05:45 PM
"Anybody watch Bush say goodbye? "

Who????:confused:

Mxjunkie
01-16-2009, 06:46 PM
Oh I feel so bad that I missed it...

Not.. :scary:

The only credit due is that Bush and the home land secuirty crew kept us safe and sound during a troubled time, Hopefully stoney obama can pull it off too.

Giz400ex
01-17-2009, 06:37 AM
It was this past Thursday night at 8pm.

madskrillz2
01-17-2009, 02:20 PM
I didn't watch it but I heard it went something like "C'ya, it was fun." And then I heard he said "I played the hand I was dealt."..........Oh really?

Rich250RRacer
01-17-2009, 10:00 PM
If the liberal quad riders on here would watch the news, they'd see the democrats in congress are already planning pass laws protecting millions of acres of land nationwide, which will mean less for us to ride on. That sure didn't take long. We'll be lucky if our sport isn't outlawed by the time the next election comes around.

11slash
01-17-2009, 11:15 PM
For you Bush bashers out there..educate yourselves! The dems have had control of congress and the senate for the past 2 years or so and we owe lots of our problems to them.. Google works . How about your fearless leaders... Obama, Pelosi,Ried,Frank,Boxer,Biden,Clinton/Clinton(Dual Airbags) Blago,Richardson, I could go on.......... Wake up America !!!Change the channel..You have been fooled.

We here at 11slash racing are proud to sign our name and call George Bush our President and watched his speech out of respect, unlike the new pres-elect..what a guy! Dont worry, any problems over the next years will also be blamed on Bush and most of you dems will believe it.

Doober
01-17-2009, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by 11slash
For you Bush bashers out there..educate yourselves! The dems have had control of congress and the senate for the past 2 years or so and we owe lots of our problems to them.. Google works . How about your fearless leaders... Obama, Pelosi,Ried,Frank,Boxer,Biden,Clinton/Clinton(Dual Airbags) Blago,Richardson, I could go on.......... Wake up America !!!Change the channel..You have been fooled.

We here at 11slash racing are proud to sign our name and call George Bush our President and watched his speech out of respect, unlike the new pres-elect..what a guy! Dont worry, any problems over the next years will also be blamed on Bush and most of you dems will believe it.

AMEN, and i whole heartedly agree with his "he played the hand he was dealt"

troyleepred719
01-18-2009, 12:20 AM
As a firefighter and an American I respect the man, not because of his decisions, but because he is my president. He was our president during 9-11, and I for one believe him and Rudy Guiliani did a hell of a job, and I think the man has Brass balls for pursuing the middle east in the name of terrorism. He may not be perfect, but Hell, I cant even spell. He did a hell of a job the last 8 years, even with the rough times, he did better than I could have.

Giz400ex
01-18-2009, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by 11slash [/i]
Wake up America !!!Change the channel..You have been fooled.

I strongly believe that it goes both ways, thats the way politics are. But, we will see what happens in the next 4 years

:confused:

<DRS>GPF
01-18-2009, 07:10 AM
For you Bush bashers out there..educate yourselves! The dems have had control of congress and the senate for the past 2 years or so and we owe lots of our problems to them..

ok.. list them.. you know, the problems that are a result of any action by congress in the last 2 years..

lets see 'em..

oh and in case you were only born 2 yrs ago, the prior 6 yrs were the result of a republican majority and the infamous trickle-down/"rich get richer" economics that failed miserably as now seen.

he took "the hand that was dealt" and made a bad bet from 9/12 on..
so badly in fact, the majority of america voted to completely change the political position of our government. when was the last time a change in leadership was so defined by the public..??

its going to take alot for the republican party to recover from the last 8 yrs..

ridered11
01-18-2009, 07:17 AM
If he was so bad, why was he elected for another term? Obviously there was some trust behind the man.

01-18-2009, 07:33 AM

Finally someone that knows what's going on.
EVERY BAD THING Obama does will be blamed on Bush.

I think all politics are scum.

Bush wasn't even doing that bad in his first term, but after the democrats took control of congress things got worse.

Some things Bush did I hate, he has made some stupid moves recently, but I still respect the guy.

<DRS>GPF
01-18-2009, 07:57 AM
Originally posted by ridered11
If he was so bad, why was he elected for another term? Obviously there was some trust behind the man.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rls=com.microsoft%3Aen-us&q=2004+fake+bin+laden+video (google search for "2004 fake bin laden video")

there.. that should help you understand a bit on how he was able to keep his chair..

ridered11
01-18-2009, 09:22 AM
Oh god, another unfortunate person brainwashed by conspiracy theory propaganda....You are probably the same type of person who thinks our own government was behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and the Kennedy assassination aren't you?

"President Bush hates black people"

lmao

<DRS>GPF
01-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Oh god, another unfortunate person brainwashed by conspiracy theory propaganda....You are probably the same type of person who thinks our own government was behind the 9/11 terrorist attacks, and the Kennedy assassination aren't you?

"President Bush hates black people"

lmao

as easily as i could accuse you of believing everything the white house press corp tells you??
there is more than enough factual evidence the "dice were loaded"??
even from bush's own ex-press secretary (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/05/27/AR2008052703679.html?hpid=topnews)(among many from his first term) says they manipulated flawed data to start a war.

but you go ahead thinking its all good.. perhaps the easter bunny can back up any data youve yet to provide..

ridered11
01-18-2009, 11:29 AM
Sorry I don't spend my spare time scrounging the internet for unaccredited sources that ultimately lead to ridiculous accusations of wanna be educated persons throughout this country against their own government. (I'm not calling you uneducated, I am just making a generalization. Not trying to get this thread locked)

Let me put it to you this way, was the largest full blown terrorist attack on American soil to date not a good enough reason for you to go to war? What would you have suggested?

Isolationism is no longer a possible solution to run a country, this has been proved time and time again. War is inevitable, and has existed since the beginning of time, this war in particular is vital to the survival of our freedoms and liberties protected by the United States of America. The threat of terrorism isn't simply going to go away, it needed to be confronted and is going to take a long term struggle to ensure that we can exist without fear of attack.

Nothing good ever comes quick.

NED441SUZ
01-18-2009, 12:55 PM
Remember this in 4 years.
1. Guns will be outlawed because they jump up by themselves and shoot people.
2.More money for f**kbags that don't work, less for you and I.
3.You will be looking real hard at our southern border(big probs in Mexico)
4. congress may be convinced that ATV's once again jump of the showroom floor by themselves and kill people.
Ok, i hope Obama does a real good job and that he is successful but you better keep an eye on stuff you are taking for granted.
Oh, yeah for those of you that fail or are to young to remember, Bush inherited the Bin Laden and Saddam problem from Bill Clinton. Yeah , i know that you can say Bush SR. should have taken Saddam out but so should Clinton. Clinton had several chances to get Bin Laden but didn't have the sack to give the go ahead.

madskrillz2
01-18-2009, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by NED441SUZ
4. congress may be convinced that ATV's once again jump of the showroom floor by themselves and kill people.
Ok, i hope Obama does a real good job and that he is successful but you better keep an eye on stuff you are taking for granted.
Oh, yeah for those of you that fail or are to young to remember, Bush inherited the Bin Laden and Saddam problem from Bill Clinton. Yeah , i know that you can say Bush SR. should have taken Saddam out but so should Clinton. Clinton had several chances to get Bin Laden but didn't have the sack to give the go ahead.

Was it Bin Laden? I was thinking it was Saddam. I can't really remember because I was too young. I just remember my dad telling me about it because he's all involved in the military/government.

To everyone else defending bush, yes he couldn't help some of the things that happened. Clinton was probably just as bad, I'll give you that. Clinton just pretty much did nothing when it came to defending the country. But, there were a lot of other decisions Bush made that were, for a lack of a better term, ignorant.

01-18-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by madskrillz2
Was it Bin Laden? I was thinking it was Saddam. I can't really remember because I was too young. I just remember my dad telling me about it because he's all involved in the military/government.

To everyone else defending bush, yes he couldn't help some of the things that happened. Clinton was probably just as bad, I'll give you that. Clinton just pretty much did nothing when it came to defending the country. But, there were a lot of other decisions Bush made that were, for a lack of a better term, ignorant.

it was Bin Laden. This whole mess could have never started if Clinton had enough balls to take him in.

<DRS>GPF
01-18-2009, 04:03 PM
Sorry I don't spend my spare time scrounging the internet for unaccredited sources that ultimately lead to ridiculous accusations of wanna be educated persons throughout this country against their own government. (I'm not calling you uneducated, I am just making a generalization. Not trying to get this thread locked)

Let me put it to you this way, was the largest full blown terrorist attack on American soil to date not a good enough reason for you to go to war? What would you have suggested?

Isolationism is no longer a possible solution to run a country, this has been proved time and time again. War is inevitable, and has existed since the beginning of time, this war in particular is vital to the survival of our freedoms and liberties protected by the United States of America. The threat of terrorism isn't simply going to go away, it needed to be confronted and is going to take a long term struggle to ensure that we can exist without fear of attack.

Nothing good ever comes quick.

blind followers drink the kool-aid, not ones who question the sanity of their leaders.
why is it so wrong to question leadership and the decisions they make?

ive never said we should not defend ourselves from terrorists, or not to take the battle to them.. but the FACT is Iraq had absolutely nothing at all to do with 9/11.
there were more saudi's on those planes than any other nationality..

a war was started with iraq, against most other governing nations wishes(even the ones that get US cash to the tune of billions), on falsified data.
then as more and more facts of the matter came in, the reasons kept evolving.
"be afraid, theyre the terrorists who did this.. oh wait, theyve got WMD's... no wait, its human rights violations.. so on and so on.."

ive said it before.. right cause, wrong cavemen..

as to the commentary from NED441SUZ.
bin laden(a saudi) is/was a product of the cold war from the carter/reagan era when russia invaded afghanistan. (so it goes back a bit further than clinton)
http://www.juancole.com/2005/08/fisking-war-on-terror-once-upon-time.html

though admittedly clinton had his chances and didnt take the shot, he's hardly responsible for ignoring the information of the imminent 9/11/01 attack on US soil.(from many credible sources mind you)
but to add to your point, i cant imagine why documented warnings to both of the last 2 presidents werent taken more seriously by officials.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/1190703/1993_wtc_bombing_ok_ed_by_the_fbi/

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A13203-2005Feb10.html

my "uneducated" guess would be the monetary influence from saudi arabia and the bin laden family, whom have been entwined in US politics since the mid 70's.(perhaps even earlier)

Doober
01-19-2009, 12:13 AM
Originally posted by <DRS>GPF
blind followers drink the kool-aid, not ones who question the sanity of their leaders.

ive never said we should not defend ourselves from terrorists, or not to take the battle to them.. but the FACT is Iraq had absolutely nothing at all to do with 9/11.

a war was started with iraq, against most other governing nations wishes(even the ones that get US cash to the tune of billions), on falsified data.
"be afraid, theyre the terrorists who did this.. oh wait, theyve got WMD's... no wait, its human rights violations.. so on and so on.."

bin laden(a saudi) is/was a product of the cold war from the carter/reagan era when russia invaded afghanistan. (so it goes back a bit further than clinton)

though admittedly clinton had his chances and didnt take the shot, he's hardly responsible for ignoring the information of the imminent 9/11/01 attack on US soil.(from many credible sources mind you)
but to add to your point, i cant imagine why documented warnings to both of the last 2 presidents werent taken more seriously by officials.

my "uneducated" guess would be the monetary influence from saudi arabia and the bin laden family, whom have been entwined in US politics since the mid 70's.(perhaps even earlier)

Well lets see if your quads battery keeps dying you don't just keep changing the battery, you go after why the battery keeps dying. Same thing that happened with the war. They believed Iraq was helping/harboring terrorists therefor you go after it there.

ridered11
01-19-2009, 07:44 AM
Thanks for keeping it civil.

Although there are many ways you could view U.S involvement in Iraq, I think its fair to say there have been positive outcomes. I simply view it as killing a lot of birds with one stone, by having defined presence in Iraq it gives us a strategical position to define ourselves within the middle east, we rid thousands of suppressed innocent people of an evil dictatorship, we have drastically reduced a once active breeding ground and safe haven for terrorist activity, we have recovered enormous amounts of munition stashes (not necessarily the WMDs that were initially desired, but substantial bulks of weapons that had been used to harm innocent people such as the curds), we are helping shape and uproot a democratic regime that will in turn produce many benefits for the Iraqi people as a whole, and most important to me is that we are sending a message straight to the source that terrorism will not be tolerated.

We must now be proactive in a battle that has no foreseeable end in the near future, these terrorist roots are deep and the threat is not easily deterred. It will take the cooperation of our allies in order to control and coexist with such a immediate threat.

<DRS>GPF
01-19-2009, 12:21 PM
Originally posted by Doober
Well lets see if your quads battery keeps dying you don't just keep changing the battery, you go after why the battery keeps dying. Same thing that happened with the war. They believed Iraq was helping/harboring terrorists therefor you go after it there.

terrible analogy.. let me help correct it..

it was known the battery wasnt at fault before the money was spent, yet there they are still changing the battery..

many other countries are on a list for terrorist support: http://www.state.gov/s/ct/c14151.htm

note that iraq is not on that list and certainly wasnt when we invaded.

you dont burn down the neighbors house when you think their kid is breaking your windows.. nor do you continually pursue it when you have proof it was the other neighbor.

right cause, wrong cavemen..

Iraq is allegedly safe in the green zone, but US officials still clear back city blocks and wear vests for their visits.. the rest of the country might just as well be the wild wild west.

anyway.. well see what happens when the troops are gone and the funding to the sunni warlords(AKA: The Surge) goes away..

biker
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM

reptikes
01-20-2009, 05:19 PM

keep it coming! You can't argue facts, but they keep trying.

ridered11
01-20-2009, 05:34 PM
you guys crack me up

happy obama day:p

byrdman37876
01-20-2009, 06:26 PM
Bush done got booted to the side walk, see ya u S.O.B.

JBacon
01-20-2009, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by NED441SUZ

I don't think I could agree anymore. I can't believe we have Liberal ATV riders. God I hate liberals...:mad:

honda250xrider
01-20-2009, 06:56 PM
there are far more reasons why we went to war with iraq then the public will ever know....... there are things that the public should and should not know........ you can argue that we have the right to know everything but simply we don't, there are things that the public could not understand.................. bush was not a bad president, it was a hard time and he did play what he was dealt, i laugh when everyone just points the finger at bush........

byrdman37876
01-20-2009, 06:57 PM
it ain't about being a liberal, yankee, rebel, hillbilly, monk or anything else. its about America being able to stand on ones on two legs without needing help from the goverment to help pay the bills and put food on the table.

honda250xrider
01-20-2009, 07:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWTs1YyhFRg

i still laugh at people that also beleive 9/11 was our government and that we planned the who thing there are so many consperacy theories out there its terrible.......

lol i just had to post one of the videos i found awhile back about obama.... might as well start with the new president and the consperacy theories..

NED441SUZ
01-20-2009, 07:43 PM
Also remember last year when Bush put out the stimulus plan. Media said it was a horrible idea and would not work. Now that Obama wants to do it again it is genius. Just a thought. Let me say again i hope Obama turns this nation around, but all of us better watch congress like a hawk. People like Schumer, Pelosi and the recently so-liberal-it-is-sickening Al Franken, want to rewrite the Bill of Rights basically.

01-20-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally posted by honda250xrider
there are far more reasons why we went to war with iraq then the public will ever know....... there are things that the public should and should not know........ you can argue that we have the right to know everything but simply we don't, there are things that the public could not understand.................. bush was not a bad president, it was a hard time and he did play what he was dealt, i laugh when everyone just points the finger at bush........

Yes. Obama originally didn't have intentions to keep all of the War guys from Bushes cabinet. The president always leaves a note on the presidents desk and talks to the future president and tells him the secrets that the public doesn't know. After that Obama kept all the War guys. Figures.

There's so much we don't know. I love all these people that say there's no reason at all to be in the war. When they don't know.

Mxjunkie
01-22-2009, 10:47 AM
http://www.newemedia.com/db1/00002/newemedia.com/_uimages/SpoiledBrat.jpg

ridered11
01-22-2009, 11:09 AM
obama helping the terrorists already........imagine that.

there goes our security:mad:

troybilt
01-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
If the liberal quad riders on here would watch the news, they'd see the democrats in congress are already planning pass laws protecting millions of acres of land nationwide, which will mean less for us to ride on. That sure didn't take long. We'll be lucky if our sport isn't outlawed by the time the next election comes around.

AMEN and well stated...

troybilt
01-22-2009, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by JBacon
I don't think I could agree anymore. I can't believe we have Liberal ATV riders. God I hate liberals...:mad:

Liberal ATV riders = oxymoron

Anvil
01-23-2009, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by honda250xrider

Rubbish!

The government is a tool of the people, the government needs to be transparant so issues can be debated, explored and justified. Iraq was a farce and the original reasons for invading have since been proven to be inaccurate and deceptive.

troybilt
01-23-2009, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Anvil
Rubbish!

The government is a tool of the people, the government needs to be transparant so issues can be debated, explored and justified. Iraq was a farce and the original reasons for invading have since been proven to be inaccurate and deceptive.

I'll give you inaccurate, but deceptive is a liberal point of view, and what the media would have you believe. I think the world is a better place cause our brave men and women have done a fine job over there in that hell hole. I wish the media would tell more of that story.

...and two wrongs don't make a right. It was IMO wrong to have invaded Iraq under the circumstances that are apparant now, but leaving the job unfinished is unacceptable and un-American.

As far as, Prez Obama, didn't vote for him. I don't like the unbalance in gov. But I say give him a chance or conservatives are no better than liberals.