PDA

View Full Version : getting the most power out of my exhaust??

trailrider894
01-16-2009, 09:36 AM
i have a 400ex with a White Bros E-series exhaust. and i'm wondering how i can get the most out of it. i know you can remove the baffle and what not and add more plates. but i just don't know what to do. it currently has everything on it from when i bought it new from rocky mountain. it only has 6-8 plates on it. should i buy more plates??? take the baffle and spark arrestor out of it??

BlasterEaten250
01-16-2009, 09:39 AM
Get some more plates. I have found 10 seems to be the magic number for me but you can experiment with them all you want.

storms400ex
01-16-2009, 09:54 AM
leave the baffle in it cause you need back pressure for the engine, you can burn your valves up with it out

rcatvrider
01-16-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by storms400ex
leave the baffle in it cause you need back pressure for the engine, you can burn your valves up with it out
No you won't, many aftermarket slip-ons you can look straight through, that's alot less back pressure than taking a baffle out.

01-16-2009, 04:04 PM
I don't know HOW that rumor every started, but I can't count how many times I have seen a noob say that no back pressure will destroy your valves. These days I just laugh and say whatever lol.

The valves work by the cam.. back pressure has almost no affect on them.

Grimzella
01-16-2009, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by rcatvrider
No you won't, many aftermarket slip-ons you can look straight through, that's alot less back pressure than taking a baffle out.

I agree... my fmf powercore 4 you can see straight thru.

joeyb_13
01-17-2009, 12:55 PM
my big gun evo r is straight through with just the screen type spark arrestor and runs great no probs with back pressure lol

Snipe
01-17-2009, 03:34 PM
I have the same thing for powergains I took the spark arrestor plate off the endcap plate that sets on the end of the plates. Just left ALL my plates on it and took the end cap off it actually sounds better than my bro in laws and cousins HMF and it has lots of power.