PDA

View Full Version : Phone info backup

Kickstarts-suck
01-16-2009, 03:05 AM
So I finally was sent another Samsung Glyde after so many problems with mine. I took out my memory card and checked my pics and there were still alot of pictures that didn't go on my memory card. I want these pics to be on my new Glyde so I need to get them on my memory card somehow.

Is there a way to backup all your info from my phone to my memory card or something? I dont want to lose my phone numbers either.

The new phone they sent me doesn't come with the battery so I have to use my old one. Kinda makes it hard to put all my numbers into the new phone...

Thanks

01-16-2009, 07:38 AM
what service do you have?
when i got new phones from verizon, i used their backup service...it send all your contact info to a server then downloads it onto your new phone...

03pete
01-16-2009, 08:40 AM
I have the Chocolate 2 with verizon, and all I do is go to my pictures, click options>manage my pictures, then options>mark all then options move>to card.

Kickstarts-suck
01-17-2009, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by speedyquad
what service do you have?
when i got new phones from verizon, i used their backup service...it send all your contact info to a server then downloads it onto your new phone...

I have verizon too.

How do I get/use this service?

01-17-2009, 09:50 AM
go to the get it now on your old phone as well as your new phone...dl to each...and the service is a$1.00 a month i think...you can set it up to send any new contacts to their server to automatically save. it made transfer easy, but i don't think it worked for the pics...after the initial download, i canceled the auto updates

i would look to see exactly what you need to dl to your phone, but i get absolutely no reception at home so i can't get the list of available services...

Kickstarts-suck
01-18-2009, 12:21 AM
Thanks. I checked it out on their site and read up on it. I don't have internet setup on my phone right now so ill have to get it back on. (had to get it taken off because my phone would get on the internet while in my pocket...)

Thanks for your help.

01-18-2009, 08:11 AM
so you had them completely block the net from your phone?

Kickstarts-suck
01-18-2009, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by speedyquad
so you had them completely block the net from your phone?

yes

I got it put back on today but still having problems with it. Got them to put a text messaging plan on with it and sent all my pictures to my email for free and just wrote down all my contacts.

Now I cant get the new phone to activate...

:mad:

01-19-2009, 07:27 AM
check to make sure that the new phone didn't activate...i was expecting some kind of confirmation that it activated, but i didn't get one...both mine and my wife's just worked

feuerstack411
01-19-2009, 10:05 AM
just go to the verizon store. they usally just swap the numbers over for free.

XCRacer236
01-19-2009, 07:33 PM
i had SOOOOO many problems with my glyde as well. 4 of them in 6 months. i went to my store and demanded they give me a new phone, i now have a chocolate 3 for free! if your trying to back up your contacts, go to your local store, they transfer them for free. if your trying to get your pics from your phone to your memory card IN the phone, go to memory, phone memorey, and you can transfer them from phone to card. hope this helps and got to it fast enough.

Kickstarts-suck
01-21-2009, 01:11 PM
I ended up calling customer support and they helped me get it activated.

But I was to late about the pics. I got them to turn on unlimited messaging for a day and sent all my pics to my email address.

I wish I could have brought it to a local verizon store but Its 40 miles away and I haven't had time.

So far the replacement has been good no problems so far. Wonder how long it will last lol