PDA

View Full Version : Engine question

Cr85rRida
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
We got some snow up here so i was rippin around on the R. I noticed 2 things.

1) There is a rattle sound coming from the engine, Kinda like the rattle on a Banshee from the kick start....so im assuming thats the problem. How can I go about fixing it?

2) When the quad is in gear and i have the clutch lever pulled it will move (not crazy but still inches up) when i rev the engine. I have a new clutch basket waiting to go in.. that should take care of the problem right?

I know the title said questions and I basically answered both but i want to hear opinions lol, thanks.

f4istunna
01-16-2009, 09:57 AM
have you tried to adjust the clutch cable?

They all make a little rattling noise to some extent, if you can put up a vid or sound clip im sure someone would be able to tell you if its out of ordinary

86 Quad R
01-20-2009, 07:04 AM
is this rattle that your hearing at idle? there are two distinct rattles that are common in the R engine. the first is the typical that comes from the upper piston assembly(which is common) and tends to louder as tolerances increase. the second is one that developes as the tolerances get loose at the clutch basket. its usually caused by grooving(either on the inner hub or basket or both. i have also seen a rattle develope if the center bearings for the hub and basket get a lil worn. hope this helps a bit. :cool:

Cr85rRida
01-20-2009, 10:18 PM
Alright thanks for the responses. Im going to investigate tomorrow. Ill keep you guys posted!

superevil
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM
Thats wierd every single 250r motor i have ridden always rattles wierd when you lug them hard