PDA

View Full Version : Inner rotor ignition

BMP Racing
01-15-2009, 09:18 PM
I'm going to run a inner rotor ignition on our project quad very soon. I was told the stock 50 E-ton adjustable CDI was an unlimited rev CDI when set at position 4 on the adjustment dial. Is this information correct? The E-ton CDI goes from 0-4. I though we might be able to get by with the stock CDI until the inner rotor kit is back in stock. I never put money into something that isn't long term as I don't like playing part of the month. I used to though! Young and dumb! :D Just kidding guys! Thanks for any and all help!

Brad

BMP Racing

TeamNeilson
04-01-2009, 09:05 PM
I can't seem to find the document describing the RPM ranges, but I vividly remember 0 being 1500 RPM, and 4 being 9500 RPM.

the 70 had a 0 to 7 range and from 4 to 7, there was no noticeable difference in RPM. I put a pipe on it at 7 and the 100 ft times decreased, but the top speed stayed the same. I bought an unlimited CDI box and with the pipe the little motor would scream.

BMP Racing
04-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I had my eton CDI maxed out and it was breaking up at high rpm. I felt the CDI was the problem. I ended up putting an aftermarket CDI on it with unlimited rev and it came alive. The mid range feels way stronger as well. Thanks for the reply!

Brad

mini racer #39
04-02-2009, 11:10 AM
go to a stock kasea cdi they have no rev limit and are cheap