PDA

View Full Version : MX front tires.. muddy favorite?

Derrick Adams
01-15-2009, 07:27 PM
Here in Ohio, our tracks tend to get muddy and/or over watered so I really want to buy a set of fronts just for this type of terrain. I ran Holeshot MXR6's last year and was not impressed with how they gripped in the mud.

So, whats your opinion? Keep them 20" or shorter (this is an MX bike). I'm open to any brand, what ever will work best in the MUD!

jacobw
01-15-2009, 07:48 PM
kenda claws work very well and reasonable prices also

BlaineKaiser450
01-15-2009, 09:42 PM
the Razr Mx SUCKS in the mud

tater_kamik
01-16-2009, 08:51 AM
although i havent used them, the kenda klaw mx sport appears to have the same tread and design as the klaw xc sport which i have been running for a while with great success in muddy conditions. just the other weekend i was at durhamtown while it had been raining and they had essentially the nastiest conditions i could imagine. there was no doubt in my mind that i was getting better traction by far on the klaws in comparison to the itp mxr/mxr4 combo i also run. on the track they handled superbly and on the trails, well the changing conditions and the georgia red clay being either hard pack and slick as ice, or being as nasty and gooey as i can imagine did leave them and i scrambling for traction and even slightly stuck/ spun out in a few conditions. but, i was doing a lot better than the few two wheeled guys!

d3ktrix
01-21-2009, 12:29 AM
Originally posted by BlaineKaiser450
the Razr Mx SUCKS in the mud

Amen, I ditched mine for ITP Quadcrosses in the front.
The Razr MX's are just too small and narrow in any soft sand/mud.