PDA

View Full Version : Help with Shocks

cdoskocil9
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
I ordered a ton of parts last night and now I need front shocks I will be running ATV 4 Play A Arms MX LT Version so what shocks do people reccomend and were did you get them????????

Thanks

TNT
01-19-2009, 02:57 PM
Im batting around the shock thing myself. Always ran Elka's but hear a lot of good and bad things about FOX. I hear FOX does a good job on straights but on days where the air temp varies the air density can change and cause a stiff ride especially in corners also the air shoxs have been known to leak and many are going back to coils. I know axis and Elka have tried the air design axis failed miserable I hear and Elka could not justify the design by prototype. You'd think if air was that great PEP, ELKA, AXIS would all jump on board. Now PEP many swear by and they have the legacy to proove it but finding sevice and parts I hear can be an issue.

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 03:53 PM
TNT, I am not trying to disprove you here, but I have used Fox Evols and while you do need to adjust the shocks before every ride, it is quite simple. Air temp does not play a factor in the shocks unless there is a 30 degree gradiant from the time you set them to the time they are used.

They are amazing shocks, I have run Elkas and TCS, as well as rebuilds by GT Thunder and the Fox Evols are in a class by themselves. I will be running them with the Podium rear this year on the Can Am. The Evols do not leak and I do not know of anyone that is switching back to a coil over. Check the pro lines in EVERY series, most are now running Fox

Blizzard24
01-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh and a PS:

Fox has been making air shocks since the 70's, these other companies are just now trying to copy Fox.

TNT
01-19-2009, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Blizzard24
TNT, I am not trying to disprove you here, but I have used Fox Evols and while you do need to adjust the shocks before every ride, it is quite simple. Air temp does not play a factor in the shocks unless there is a 30 degree gradiant from the time you set them to the time they are used.

They are amazing shocks, I have run Elkas and TCS, as well as rebuilds by GT Thunder and the Fox Evols are in a class by themselves. I will be running them with the Podium rear this year on the Can Am. The Evols do not leak and I do not know of anyone that is switching back to a coil over. Check the pro lines in EVERY series, most are now running Fox

30 degree huh..we can see that here in the midwest from 9am to 2PM on a hot humid day.....So I'd just re-adjust them and it's easy ok. Yeah we got guys in here that ran them last season and love them maybe we will switch to FOX this season, thanks for the advice.

DGS
01-19-2009, 04:09 PM
I ran FOX on my DS450 last year and i liked them alot...but i really stuggled to set them up correctly, perhaps i was just doing something wrong..? I am now running Elka Factory shocks and really love them, i ran them on my Honda and know how to set them up so i was able to dial them in better than the FOX..!! Just my experience, I believe all the top shocks are really good and you will not go wrong with any manufacturer IF you are able to set them up correctly.

cdoskocil9
01-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Thanks for all the help I will be going with the Fox's