PDA

View Full Version : front brake drum rubber dust thinghy

tri5ron
01-15-2009, 06:49 PM
Ok guys,
I'm still waiting on my manual to arrive (Ebay seller just mailed it out today), so I need another question answered.

I pulled the front wheels off, and find the round rubber donut (dust seal?) thinghy just flopping around on the brake drum, behind the wheel.

It was not between the drum, and backing plate, as it apparently should be.

so I put it back onto the outer edge of the brake drum, and try to slide it into/on /between the drum and backing plate, as I am pushing the drum onto the axle.

First thing is, there seems to be alot of drag/resistance caused by the rubber being between the drum and the backing plate,....

and second thing is, when I spin the drum, it just works it's way back out/off, and is not providing any type of seal.

What gives??? are these things ALWAYS a PITA ? or are they supposed to be glued to the drum? or am I missing something?

I can post a pic if this does not make sence from my description.

mcstore
01-17-2009, 03:39 PM
go to servicehonda.com and click on OEM parts

Copy and paste this link but don't tell everyone because it will just slow down there server.

You can view every Bike & ATV out there

http://www.servicehonda.com/TSWeb/default.htm

cdevito
07-14-2009, 07:30 PM
tri5ron, are you still running the stock front end? If so and you need to replace, I have my son's stocks sitting in a box in my attic barely used. Make me a reasonable offer with shipping. I live in So. Fla.

Chris

tri5ron
07-14-2009, 08:35 PM
Yeah, still running the stock front end, and don't have the funds right now to upgrade it.
besides, my Daughter is just learning to ride right now, and is not really skilled enough yet to justify a total front end overhaul.

Eventually I'd like to lose the drum brakes, and single a-arms, but it's just not in the cards right now.

I got the dust seal to stick back onto the drum with some good rtv adhesive, and we have two weekend rides on it now, so I'll be taking another look at them soon to see if it still held up...

I wouldn't mind having a back-up set, but since I'm in Ca., I'd guess that the shipping would probably equal the cost of buying your set.

cdevito
07-17-2009, 08:17 AM
No biggie. Here if you need them.

lkrislong
09-12-2009, 07:57 PM
if your going to upgrade check out atv four play best front suspension we could find alittle on the high side but well worth it im 170 and jump 30 to 40 feet doubles and the quad lands smouth as butter with my daughter on it its unstoppable