PDA

View Full Version : 07 a/c 50 cant get rid of bog

rmuscle
01-15-2009, 02:18 PM
have an 07 a/c 50 with 21 sunworld carb. if u run quad say 100 ft then let off gas and let it idle down then stab it again it will bog down and stall if you hold throttle .then if u load it up it will go fine.also if u let it sit and idle it will start to idle really high and then after a minute it will idle down and go back up again.seems to me it is lean pilot but i have gone as far as to even put a 45 in and still does.any thoughts appreciated

ron

ww228king
01-15-2009, 03:07 PM
sounds like an air leak

rmuscle
01-15-2009, 03:11 PM
How would I test for that

snowbalz
01-15-2009, 06:19 PM
pm sent

riding4fun
01-16-2009, 05:33 AM
Check the easy things first. Take the carb off and check the rubber intake boot for cracks. It may not look like it has one while it is on. So take it off and check. I have went through a few of those.

rmuscle
01-16-2009, 03:04 PM
i did look at it and it does seem like on the outside it is cracked but does not seem like it goes through.

snowbalz
01-16-2009, 04:03 PM
Did you try to use the intake from your L/C 50 ?

rmuscle
01-16-2009, 04:06 PM
Not yet gonna try that tomorrow when I pull that motor out

riding4fun
01-16-2009, 04:39 PM
Originally posted by rmuscle
i did look at it and it does seem like on the outside it is cracked but does not seem like it goes through.

I felt the same way, but when I took it off you could really see the crack.

rmuscle
01-17-2009, 04:44 PM
ok took of intake boot and no cracks go through from what i can see. sprayed brake cleaner around intake and motor and didnt seem to make a differance , idle already seemed a bit erratic to me. put a different carb on , no change. at one point it would not stay running unless i kept the choke on with either carb. it does seem to run better if i do leave the choke on just it idles really high.and like i said if rpm are up(when choke is off) u can stab it and it will go , as soon as rpm drop and u stab it it will bog out unless u load it up. should i be looking beyond carb and intake? stumped!

ron

ww228king
01-17-2009, 04:47 PM
does it take a while to idle back down after you stab it?

snowbalz
01-17-2009, 04:49 PM
It's been very cold out. How long did you warm it up for?

rmuscle
01-17-2009, 04:51 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ww228king kind of
does it take a while to idle back down after you stab it? [/QUOTE.
Kind of

DAVYS DAD
01-17-2009, 06:40 PM
check the two wires on the coil i had this problem once and checked everything but the coil wires sure enough the hot wire was not making a good connection pinched it on with pliers and it was golden hope this helps

later

rmuscle
01-18-2009, 06:55 PM
ok so here is where i am. by passed wire harness and disconnected kill switch, no change. tried 2 other carbs , no change was actually worse with one of them. was wondering if it was float so tried adjusting that , that made it seem to be a bit better but then gas started to pour out of the overflow tube on carb. ran the same with gas cap on or off. wondering if maybe reeds are failing , maybe i should replace intake and reed cage next or could it be in motor , iknow compression is a little low @ 120psi. one other thing the pipe that was on it was in bad shape so temporarily i put on a 90 pipe i had kicking around , could that have an effect.

thanks ron

ww228king
01-18-2009, 07:09 PM
it could be crank seal....

snowbalz
01-18-2009, 07:13 PM
I have an intake, reeds, and a 16mm carb if you want to try that. I also have a leak down tester we can try.

JIM GRACE
01-18-2009, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by rmuscle
one other thing the pipe that was on it was in bad shape so temporarily i put on a 90 pipe i had kicking around , could that have an effect.

thanks ron

did it run ok with the stock pipe on it or did you switch it first,
something to consider. it would make sense a bigger pipe will
run diffrent. also our drr's hate the extreme cold.

are you runnin the filter on the carb, when you use the tube it
throws things off also.

ff1125a
01-21-2009, 05:17 AM
As you know I was having lots of problems too. But when I took the snorkle tube of I had major improvement try this and see if it helps. I also found one of the bolts that mount the coil to the frame had come loose and when i tighten it it would start a whole lot easier.

bulldogfallon
01-21-2009, 11:04 AM
You may have multiple issues here:

An idle that runs high and takes time to come down is usully a lean pilot/needle combination.

Try to richen your needle 1 spot and see what that does....you can also try to turn the air screw in as well, but 1 step at a time to see which helps...

If it were hard to start I would look at crank seals too.

Try this carb adjustment and lets see what it does....

rmuscle
01-21-2009, 11:11 AM
Clip is at bottom tried up to a 45 pilot . Seemed to get worse as I turned air out .was better at like half turn out wich should mean lean pilot I think. But should I really ned to go bigger pilot on a sun world 21 on a 50 starts no prob and runs good with choke on0

bulldogfallon
01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Nope...that's plenty of fuel for a 50

snowbalz
01-21-2009, 12:26 PM
Get a roll of duck tape. Put 1 complete wrap around the uni filter. This will cut off some airflow causing a richer condition. That would tell you if you are lean or not.

rmuscle
01-21-2009, 06:38 PM
i think i solved the problem. think it was a bad throttle cable. put a new one in and seeme to be good . will no better tomorrow because right now jetting is way off due to trying to adjust to solve prob. thanks for everyones input

ron

rmuscle
01-22-2009, 05:45 PM
Ok seem to be getting closer. Def had a bad throttle cable. But sti
ll seem to not be getting enough fuel.wondering if I have a bad fuel
valve. Seems to run a little better on reserve and I noticed a few big air bubbles in fuel line. Don't no if that is normal my other bikes have black hoses.and I have ran it without gas cap . No difference

snowbalz
01-22-2009, 06:16 PM
The air bubble is normal I have the same issue with Danny's. You can get the bubble out by draining the float boal with the gas on. But it will probably come back.

Pull the hose off the carb and check the flow. It shoulb be constant.