PDA

View Full Version : Repair Manuals

KingpinsEx
01-15-2009, 09:00 AM
Anyone know of any repair manuals out there other than than the factory suzuki one?

miller821
01-15-2009, 09:26 AM
I'm sure Clymer makes one.. Just google it and some should show up.

KingpinsEx
01-16-2009, 10:31 AM
Nope I already checked there, if they do have one its not listed, not even for the 450 bike. I was hoping so too though, I had a clymer manual for my 400ex and it was very good, instead it looks like im looking at the 80 buck factory manual. I talked to my dealer and they told me the same thing that suzuki has the only one out right now. I guess because it's so new, going on 4 years, and has all the tricky FI **** they might not have wanted to go to the trouble to make one??

FoxMxRiders
01-16-2009, 04:47 PM
Why did you don't want the OEM manual?? PM me if you want information,I have one sitting there.

miller821
01-16-2009, 10:45 PM
At one point there was one online manual floating around that held tons of info... Not sure if it was removed or not, but you can try that.

KingpinsEx
01-17-2009, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by FoxMxRiders
Why did you don't want the OEM manual?? PM me if you want information,I have one sitting there.

Well for one thing it is 80 dollars. The other is it is designed for factory mechanics who have special tools and training, not the average guy. I will probably end up getting it because the LTR is not nearly as easy to work on as hondas. Just getting the tank off looks like a heck of a chore. Thanks for the help but if I end up doing a rebuild and getting into the motor I would want it here too look at.

Ridehardman,

Yea that's what I have been going off of to this point but the site has been shut down due to copyright issues. I think that was the factory manual they had posted there, which wasn't too bad. I guess I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and order a factory manual. Thanks guys.

FoxMxRiders
01-17-2009, 07:07 PM
Search on internet its easy to find