PDA

View Full Version : Got scammed.. what to do? please look (especially if youre in South Dakota)

TRX_450
01-14-2009, 11:41 PM
ok so long story short i bought something off craigslist and it turned out to be a scam. paid with a cashiers check (i know it was stupid) but the dude claims his name is rick jerred and he lives in vermillion, SD. took 200 bux from me and im not the only one. im filing a complaint with the IC3 and calling the cops up there tomorrow morning, but is there anything else i can do?

nemo25
01-15-2009, 04:45 AM
no ur SOL dont count on getting the money back or even locating the guy

JJs450r
01-15-2009, 06:19 AM
the cops probably arent gonna do much, along with anyone one else, my buddy lost on out 3 grand buying a bike over ebay, the guy have good feed back and everything called the cops to where the check was cashed and they didnt do a thing, and ebay really didnt help much just to keep an eye out if another scam came up

TWISTED DINLI
01-15-2009, 07:13 AM
ya that almost happened to me. i put my ipod on there forsale and this guy was real interested and wanted to pay through paypal. so i did.. and he said he put the money in the paypal account but none never showed up. and then he started sending fake e-mails trying to say it was e-mails from paypal. so one of them said we couldnt recieve my money till we put in a tracking number.. and i got to thinking that this guy is trying to scam me.. so i took and empty box and sent it out to him and got a tracking number and what do ya know no money showed up. so good thing i didnt send the ipod.

Sjorge450R
01-15-2009, 08:14 AM
NEVER send packages until you have money in your hand twisted. That was a smart move that you did by sending an empty box. Thats why when i get payments via paypal, they are immediately deposited into my bank account. That way if they person some how knew how to withdraw the money, the money would already be in my bank account.

buck440
01-15-2009, 08:12 PM
i once traded a boblong paintball gun for an 30gb ipod on myspace, never do buisness on myspace, and i never got the ipod but ups did give me 115 dollas even though the gun wasnt worth that much in its condition, back in 2006 which is the year of the gun it cost $900 but for some reason they loose value way too quick

<DRS>GPF
01-16-2009, 05:40 AM
all you can do is get even...

the check went to an address right?

that mailbox should be filling with all the gay rights, white nazi extremist, black power, and islamic rights mailings capable of fitting.. :devil:

its sure to get on a watch list at some point.