PDA

View Full Version : FMF complete exhaust

jersey devil
01-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Has anybody had any experience with the FMF full exhaust system with the cherry bomb on there yfz450?
I had FMF on my last quad which was a Quadzulla but that was a 2 stroke.Are they up to par with the 4 strokes also?
I notice a wide variety of 4 stroke pipes on here and maybe it is just a matter of preference?I understand that it also depends on what your motor is and type of riding or whether you are looking for low end or top end but just some info if FMF is up to date with 4 strokes.So has there been any real tested data on pipes as far as performance adnantages.
I would appreciate any advice from experienced riders.Thanks!

#17YFZRACER
01-15-2009, 09:52 AM
all pipes are good a certain things. what kind of riding are u planning on? in overall quality FMF is good. in overall performance i would look into a SPARKS or DASA. i have a TC shorty for MX right now. it is mainly a mid-top end pipe. its also one of the loudest pipes that i have ever heard. its all a mater of how loud and what application. Rossier also makes a good piece. is it for the YFZ or YFZR? cuz if its the R u really dont have much of a choice yet

jersey devil
01-15-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks for the info.It is for the r and yes you are right about not much right now out there.Just trying to do my homework before any purchases.
Even Yamaha themselves don't have all accessories for the r available at the dealers.Kind of sucks because I'am now starting to believe Yamaha is sending a few to some dealers to see how they are going over with the quad world.Aot of guys are weiry of a first year model and I can sort of understand that but you have to think Yamaha did alot of testing for a few years now on this new r.
I'll ride it for a while with the stock pipe which I'am sure is chokeing it somewhat until the parts start circulating.
While I'am at it I don't have a whole lot of faith in the accessory GYTR pipe from Yamaha.Read alot of reports on there pipe and it doesn't seem to be up to par to the rest.
I know they say they use it on there factory sponsered racers but who really knows what goes on there.Its all money and advertisement.We'd like to hope we get the same performance products as them if we pay but these dealers all say the same thing.There product is the best.
So with some common sense as a customer you have to understand the business end and make your own wise chioces.

greenblood01
01-15-2009, 02:56 PM
If you go with FMF I would go with the MegaBomb over the Powerbomb. Its about $150 more, but I believe it would be worth it.

jersey devil
01-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Have you had experience with this pipe?Do they make the megabomb for the yfz450?I know they do make the cherrybomb for it.Also that each one is if for a different power range.If you know more please let me know.
I do appreciate the info.Thanks!

mk3hencken
02-20-2009, 07:32 PM
i have the megabomb header had great power from it until yesterday when i blow out the main weld on the bomb and put a 4 it gash in the side of it.

kawiracerj
03-14-2009, 11:32 AM
motoworks is the best that ive found for all around performance.

jersey devil
03-14-2009, 04:14 PM
Since my original post I've went with a DASA complete system and wouldn't change it for anything!Great fit,quality workmanship,looks awesome and the power gain thru out is just great.