PDA

View Full Version : Winter time

Mxjunkie
01-14-2009, 11:02 AM
Who else is going to be happyier then heck when winters over.. It gets old letting my truck warm up every frickin time I run it! That and wearing 3 frickin hoodies and a carhart lol :grr:

scuzz
01-14-2009, 11:06 AM
It's bothersome, but not bad in Round Rock, TX. I don't think it's got below 28 yet this year. If it does it's only at night, during the day it's back up in the high 40's and 50's.

I like getting dirty and muddy when I ride though so I haven't been riding since the day after Christmas. (sand dunes and whatnot)

redrocker
01-14-2009, 11:19 AM
80's in Santa Barbara Ca. all week

Quad18star
01-14-2009, 11:24 AM
Oh Common Josh .... I'll trade places with ya . Temps this morning were nearing -40 and it's going to stay this way for about 4 days.

The lil Saturn had a hard time starting this morning ... took a few times to crank it over before she fired up. I gotta invest in a block heater. I started the car 30 minutes before I left this morning , and it still wasn't even a tad bit warm inside the car when I got in.

3or4HONDA
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
ya it frickin sucks, started out at -4 and now its 10 today and tomorrow its supposed to be real cold. o well the dunes open april 1st and it couldnt come any sooner.

Drewltr450
01-14-2009, 12:57 PM
Winter=Hunters, Hunters=Cops, Winter=Track Closed.

:(

atvmaster0927
01-14-2009, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Quad18star
Oh Common Josh .... I'll trade places with ya . Temps this morning were nearing -40 and it's going to stay this way for about 4 days.

The lil Saturn had a hard time starting this morning ... took a few times to crank it over before she fired up. I gotta invest in a block heater. I started the car 30 minutes before I left this morning , and it still wasn't even a tad bit warm inside the car when I got in.

OMG -40:eek2: That's ridiculous.

I can barely stand our frigid cold front (that is here for the rest of the week) at 0-10. But feeling below zero with the wind.

How the heck do you live somewhere that cold? lol

yellow400ex05
01-14-2009, 01:24 PM
yeah I don't mind the warming up the truck so much but the damn road salt and having to constantly wash it and wax it so things don't start to rust is whats aggravating, also having to work on stuff in a non heated garage. I've got to change my oil and grease he front end in about 400 miles and I'm NOT looking forward to it.

ZeroLogic
01-14-2009, 01:46 PM
3 dregrees without the windchill this morning didn't stop me from gettin up and framin this mornin!:blah:

The only good thing about winter is hunting.:ermm: You can't fish (screw ice fishin) you can't ride, you can't bbq, you can't party outside, everything is ice, salt on roads suck. I could go on and on all day.

Quad18star
01-14-2009, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by atvmaster0927
OMG -40:eek2: That's ridiculous.

I can barely stand our frigid cold front (that is here for the rest of the week) at 0-10. But feeling below zero with the wind.

How the heck do you live somewhere that cold? lol

You get used to it throughout the years. We get cold snaps like this a few times per winter ... just gotta prepare for them. It warmed up a little throughout the day , but not a whole lot . Tomorrow is suppsoed to be a real cold one .... friggid temps but with the windchill it's supposed to be below -40 ... not looking forward to that at all.

Lastnight I plowed my driveway with my quad ... took me about 20 minutes and I was frozen solid when I came in. Bit of frost bite on my face and it felt like someone was smashing my fingers with a hammer. But the driveway needed to be done.

Quad18star
01-14-2009, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
3 dregrees without the windchill this morning didn't stop me from gettin up and framin this mornin!:blah:

The only good thing about winter is hunting.:ermm: You can't fish (screw ice fishin) you can't ride, you can't bbq, you can't party outside, everything is ice, salt on roads suck. I could go on and on all day.

You're missing out . Ice fishing is fun ... you can ride the quad around just watch how deep the snow is .... I bbq all year round .... and partying outside in the snow is fun. Just get dressed up warm . :devil:

coryatver
01-14-2009, 02:33 PM
-40 now that is cold. -40 Celsius = -40 Fahrenheit which is kind of interesting.

ZeroLogic
01-14-2009, 02:35 PM
You're missing out . Ice fishing is fun ... you can ride the quad around just watch how deep the snow is .... I bbq all year round .... and partying outside in the snow is fun. Just get dressed up warm . :devil:

After workin all week from 8 to 5 in the freezin cold, I'm just fine sitting inside for the weekend.:blah: Bbqin isn't the same as in the summer, you can't sit outside while your food cooks! How the hell do you guys keep warm up there!

quads14589
01-14-2009, 05:01 PM
winter time is when i make serious cash plowing i love it!

klutch
01-14-2009, 05:08 PM
I love Florida. lol

atvmaster0927
01-14-2009, 05:12 PM
You get used to it throughout the years. We get cold snaps like this a few times per winter ... just gotta prepare for them. It warmed up a little throughout the day , but not a whole lot . Tomorrow is suppsoed to be a real cold one .... friggid temps but with the windchill it's supposed to be below -40 ... not looking forward to that at all.

Lastnight I plowed my driveway with my quad ... took me about 20 minutes and I was frozen solid when I came in. Bit of frost bite on my face and it felt like someone was smashing my fingers with a hammer. But the driveway needed to be done.

Lol...Your heating bill must be outrageous as well.

Quad18star
01-14-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by ZeroLogic
How the hell do you guys keep warm up there!

Lots of sex !!!!!:p

And we just crank up the heat. I think our bill averages about $150 per month for natural gas during the winter months .... we only keep it at about 20 Celcius.

Crazy lil punk
01-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Drewltr450
Winter=Hunters, Hunters=Cops, Winter=Track Closed.

:(

x2...

gcart2
01-14-2009, 07:20 PM
40' low and about 90' high today lol. florida is amazing:devil:

icepreddy
01-14-2009, 07:26 PM
the ole thermometer is reading -22 degrees F right now. I used to the cold. I work in a freezer most of the day at work. We have blast chambers that basically freeze food instantly. They are -50 to -60 with wind chills. You go from that to and average 80 degree humid Wisconsin day. Thats hard on the lungs. Winter is only good for ICE fishing ICE racing and ICE cold beer! Speaking of beer I'm gonna have one and hit the hot tub!

Mxjunkie
01-14-2009, 07:52 PM

Hey man you guys can keep that, my pa hillbilly arse couldn't stand that!! lol :blah:

Blue250X
01-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I love the winter. I love hitting the snow in the truck, everything automatically turns into a offroad trail for a vehicle. Riding in the snow is just as fun, the other night we went riding, and I wore 2 pairs of pants with thermal underwear and carhart overalls, and up top i wore thermal underwear a tshirt, long sleeved shirt, hoodie, and 2 coats. I was the warmest thing riding all night, I even started sweating pulling people out of snow. The only thing I hate is salt on the roads, the old chevy rusts enough without the salt!!

Quad18star
01-15-2009, 04:28 AM
Just so you guys don't think I'm B.S.ing you .... I took the picture this morning after I went outside to start my car ... which again , just BARELY started. There's a strong wind this morning , so I'm guessing it's below -40 .

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a151/Quad18star/January15th2009.jpg

witech
01-15-2009, 05:30 AM
If its above zero it ride time. Thanks to prowedge tires,studs and 3m for the thinsulate.

Quad18star
01-15-2009, 05:31 AM
The cold water pipe for my kitchen sink is officially frozen. :grr:

Any tips of getting it thawed out? I knew I should have left it dripping lastnight.

witech
01-15-2009, 05:34 AM
Sweet trails

ZeroLogic
01-15-2009, 09:12 AM
The cold water pipe for my kitchen sink is officially frozen. :grr:

Any tips of getting it thawed out? I knew I should have left it dripping lastnight.

During the warmer months, go down into your basement, your pipes that are on a exterior wall should be routered with a lot of space between the exterior wall and the stud, if you know what I mean. They do that so you can pack pink fiberglass insulation in there and help keep your pipes warm.

Hope that helps.

mittman
01-15-2009, 09:15 AM
winter is not all that bad as long as we have snow. so far have made some good money plowing. every now and then i get to looking at keywest photos and wish i was there again but im stuck in pa with 10 degree weather:(

http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll267/dodgediesellover/my%20photos2/michaelpictures289.jpg

Alberta_Qaudin
01-15-2009, 12:11 PM
here in alberta we just got out of our 3+ week cold snap, 3-4 days of -40 C and colder with the windchill, then sit around -25 to -30 for a while and then back to the -40's coldest so far was -48.

and they were saying on the news some places in sask just hit -53 C