PDA

View Full Version : lever

4TraxRider
12-19-2002, 03:47 PM
I was wondering what clutch perches and levers you guys are running on your 400ex's. I got rid of my original for a CR perch and lever, and some others, and they all pull much harder than stock. Any suggestions on what kind is works better? Thanks

310Rduner
12-19-2002, 04:57 PM
i had horribly bad pull on my 310R, so i just purchased new motion pro clutch cable, and an PEP EZ- pull clutch lever. the lever OWNSSS. it takes it from about 9lbs pull to under 6lbs. just what my aching hand needed. one problem for you is if you are running ure parking brake still, because the PEPS have no provision for park brake on the lever unless there is one i havent seen.

i got the lever and cable from Nac's, came out to about 73 with COD+ shipping.

Sparks425Ex
12-19-2002, 05:13 PM
I am running the same set up and it is working great for me. As soon as I find a good deal on a Hydrolic Clutch Then i will be buying one of those.

12-19-2002, 05:15 PM
I also have the PEP. its amazing

chad400ex
12-19-2002, 07:06 PM
I ran the PEP for a while, and now I have the FMF 909 Adjust on the Fly lever. It's spendy (about $80), but I got mine for $25 at a dealer sale. Now my PEP is my spare. The pep is nothing but a cr250 lever with another hole drilled in the underside (plus a little dremel work) for an increase in mechanical advantage. It's a neat idea, but I think you'll wear out your clutch cables alot faster using that lever. The cable is constantly rubbing on the section of the lever that was grinded out.

d-14 rider 27
12-19-2002, 08:02 PM
for all of you 250r owners, take the lever on the cases thats shaped like kinda a Z but straighter and hammer it flat, more leverage, ive never owned or done this to a r, but i know a few ppl who did it still disengages all the way, just gotta pull the lever a tad further as for anything else, most after markets pull easy, just gotta make sure the lever is free and the cable is in good condition and slippery or do a crf conversion with stock perch and lever, it pulls easier than a Cannonsnail with their hydro clutch