PDA

View Full Version : Atv In X-games!!!

buck440
01-13-2009, 08:40 PM
no it hasnt happened yet but there was a petition i think it was dirtwheels had and may still have for putting them in it and i say HELL YAH cause dirtbikes are in it so i say why not we can do any thing they can do if not better so i say let em in wether itd be fmx, supermoto, or even high jump, hay why not we got to start somewhere so let me know what you fellers think about this situation.

ridered1991
01-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I dunno about better. Robbie Maddison went 360 feet.

buck440
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
your right, you dont know, and distance jumps aren't in the x-games anyway and robbie maddison can go screw a kangaroo! crikey mate!!!

feuerstack411
01-13-2009, 11:01 PM
It aint gonna happen, sorry. Quads are just doing backflips with various tricks. Bikes are doing DOUBLE backflips. The most I can see is like an exhibition supermoto or mx race, but probs wont be on tv.

Unverfehrt400ex
01-13-2009, 11:30 PM
quads would sure be great to see and all of us would love it. Thing is though, a majority of the people that watch this on tv arn't too familiar with the quad world and don't understand the risks and challange of these tricks. they enjoy the dirtbikes just because they can do so many more stunts. i'm not sure but i thought i saw something a while back about quad motocross maybe making into the games though.

jason_31
01-14-2009, 01:27 AM
they have rally, which im not bashing but you know how many people think thats easy and could do it themselves... they also show surfing in the xgamea, surfing may be fun to try but how many ppl honestly like to watch it? atv should be in there without a doubt... along with paintball, which is my #1 sport haha :)

Titanium
01-14-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
It aint gonna happen, sorry. Quads are just doing backflips with various tricks. Bikes are doing DOUBLE backflips. The most I can see is like an exhibition supermoto or mx race, but probs wont be on tv.

im sure we would see more extreme tricks on quads if us riders saw that we were gettin the attention that bikes are getting. I know i would have a lot more of a drive to get better if i saw FQMX on the X games.

ben300
01-14-2009, 09:25 AM
Originally posted by jason_31
they have rally, which im not bashing but you know how many people think thats easy and could do it themselves... they also show surfing in the xgamea, surfing may be fun to try but how many ppl honestly like to watch it? atv should be in there without a doubt... along with paintball, which is my #1 sport haha :)

surfing is no longer in the xgames, and rally has exploded into the mainstream because of travis and ken block..plus surfing is one of the most popular action sports world wide, with being on tv all the time...example, fuel tv....

the winter xgames has all the snowmobile events, whcih in retro spect is only really on tv during htat that...i believe that atv's get more coverage these days with channels like versus and what not....

if they do put it in the xgames, it'll probaby be racing, like they did on the great outdoor games...

buck440
01-14-2009, 09:53 AM
about the double backflip comment, travis is simply crazy, period. now murry is just a nobody and always will be a nobody, i HATE that guy cause all he probably can do is just the double backflip so he doesnt have my respect at all. travis made a suprise anouncement that he was doing a double so why cant an fqmx rider do such. i was just thinking but wouls a 360 backflip on a quad look badass or what!!!:eek2:

Wired
01-14-2009, 11:31 AM
are sure your talking about lusk??? lusk is probably one of the best freeriders out there!!

KXRida
01-14-2009, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by buck440
about the double backflip comment, travis is simply crazy, period. now lusk is just a nobody and always will be a nobody, i HATE that guy cause all he probably can do is just the double backflip so he doesnt have my respect at all. travis made a suprise anouncement that he was doing a double so why cant an fqmx rider do such. i was just thinking but wouls a 360 backflip on a quad look badass or what!!!:eek2:

with that comment you made yourself look like a complete moron. Yea Lusk a nobody? I'm not a MM guy, but they are nuts. If all of this is so easy, why aren't you out there throwing down double flips on a bike?

And as far as robbie maddison? What the hell dude? When you jump 50'+ then you might understand, but until then keep it on the pee wee track.

No doubt quads would be a great addition to the Xgames. I like quad freestyle almost as much as bike freestyle, but I prefer racing. Quads just look sick flying through the air compared to bikes, but the tricks that the bikes are doing have completely revolutionized the freestyle world. The flip tricks are cool and all, but they just look like ramp robots out there. I like the natural hit, right side up tricks personally.

meankfx
01-14-2009, 12:07 PM
he must be talking about scott murry

Warnerade
01-14-2009, 12:45 PM
buck440, you are one blind person

buck440
01-14-2009, 12:52 PM
yah i ment murry sorry bout that, and i never said the double backflip would ever be easy but if its pretty much your only trick than he can just screw off, and robbie maddison, i never said he wasnt good or it was easy what he does cause its not easy and he is good but i said they dont do distance jumps in the x-games so just chilllllll,

coryatver
01-14-2009, 12:56 PM
Quads are going to be in the X games. Where you guys been? They are in the Dubai X games. It was sopposed to start december 11 but it was postponed untill march

buck440
01-14-2009, 02:06 PM
what you mean dubai x games? what or where is dubai ?

250r rider 88
01-14-2009, 02:08 PM
the only reason rally was brought into x-games was because of travis pastrana

so, that being said we need to get him to get quads in, quickly anyway

x-games revolves around travis, at least it did, since he has gone mainly rally others have come into the spot light of being the so called "King" of x games

buck440
01-14-2009, 02:24 PM
there is a video of travis pastrana doing a backflip on a yellow stock 400ex no joke, pretty shure its yellow, its crazy :blah:

coryatver
01-14-2009, 02:29 PM

http://www.dubaixgames.com/

Dubai X Games World Cup Invited Athletes

If there's one thing action-sports stars love, it's money. That's why Dubai promises to have an insane lineup of riders this December—this place is overflowing with cash. Here's who's coming so far.

Quad X:
Name
Doug Gust
Chad Wienen

Dubai X Games World Cup Event Schedule

Wednesday, December 10

BMX
2-3:30pm: BMX Vert Practice
3:30-5pm: BMX Street Practice

SKATE
2-3:30pm: Skate Street Practice
3:30-5pm: Skate Vert Practice

MOTO
6-7pm: Moto X Racing Practice
7-8pm: Moto X Freestyle Practice
8:30-9:30: Moto X Best Trick/Best Whip Practice

QUAD
5-6pm: Quad X Racing Practice

Thursday, December 11

BMX
2-3:30pm: BMX Vert Practice
3:30-5pm: BMX Street Practice

SKATE
2-3:30pm: Skate Street Practice
3:30-5pm: Skate Vert Practice

MOTO X
1:30-2:30pm: Moto X Racing Seeding
3:30-4:30: Moto X Speed & Style Practice
4:30-5:30pm: Moto X Speed & Style Seeding
5:30-6:30pm: Moto X Best Trick Practice
6:30-7:30pm: Moto X Best Trick Final
7:45-8pm: Moto X Demo

QUAD X
12:30-1:30pm: Quad X Race Seeding

Friday, December 12

BMX
11:30-12:30pm: BMX Street Practice
12:30-1:30pm: BMX Street Final
3-4pm: BMX Vert Practice

SKATE
10:30-11:30pm: Skate Street Practice
1:30-2pm: Skate Street Warm-up
2-3pm: Skate Street Final
4-5pm: Skate Vert Practice

MOTO
2-3pm: Moto X Freestyle Practice
3-4pm: Moto X Speed & Style Practice
4-5pm: Moto X Speed & Style Final
6:30-7pm: Moto X Racing Warm-up
7-8pm: Moto X Racing Final

QUAD
6-6:30pm: Quad Racing Final

Saturday, December 13th

BMX
1:30-2:30pm: BMX Vert Practice
2:30-3:30pm: BMX Vert Final

SKATE
12:30-1:30pm: Skate Vert Practice
3:30-4pm: Skate Vert Practice
4-5pm: Skate Vert Final

MOTO X
5-6pm: Moto X Freestyle Practice
6-7pm: Moto X Freestyle Final
7-7:30pm: Moto X Best Whip Warm-up
7:30-8pm: Moto X Best Whip Final

ben300
01-14-2009, 02:46 PM
there is a video of travis pastrana doing a backflip on a yellow stock 400ex no joke, pretty shure its yellow, its crazy :blah:

dude, i checked that out and there was no atv'
s and infact, that website had resluts dated from december of 2007, thats over a year ago...

if your gonna so that they have atv's at the dubai xgmes...you better get more proof.

KXRida
01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by meankfx
he must be talking about scott murry

Yah, that guy is a nobody wanting to be a somebody. Props to him trying it though.

Yah travis did do it on a 400ex, but caught some flack from suzuki. It was all a bunch of bs, but cool.

You guys remember a few years ago when quads were in the great outdoor games. That was pretty cool. It was really muddy, but still cool.

motohanks
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by ben300
s and infact, that website had resluts dated from december of 2007, thats over a year ago...

if your gonna so that they have atv's at the dubai xgmes...you better get more proof.

http://espn.go.com/action/news/story?id=3647095

there was a thread a few months ago
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=368421

ProspectorJim
01-14-2009, 04:35 PM
http://intlsyndication.espn.com/left_menu/Action_Sports/x_games/International_X_Games5/

its also on the espn site and it says ATV enduro near the end. Also says it has been rescheduled to march.

buck440
01-14-2009, 05:41 PM
im almost for shure it was pastrana

coryatver
01-14-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by ben300

dude don't call me dude. this years hasn't happen yet that is last years. I just posted that link becuase buck440 wanted to know what the duabi x games were all about. It is not a big secret that quads are going to be in it google it yourself.

brian76708
01-14-2009, 06:06 PM
i think it would be a good idea. IMO just look around at your ridding areas there is way more atv riders then bike riders at least where i go it just seems there is a good market that is waiting to be tapped.

ben300
01-14-2009, 06:13 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
dude don't call me dude. this years hasn't happen yet that is last years. I just posted that link becuase buck440 wanted to know what the duabi x games were all about. It is not a big secret that quads are going to be in it google it yourself.

dude...calm down..i ws just saying thats all...

well if its there.then thats cool..

KXRida
01-14-2009, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by brian76708
i think it would be a good idea. IMO just look around at your ridding areas there is way more atv riders then bike riders at least where i go it just seems there is a good market that is waiting to be tapped.

Bike vs. quad is a tough call up here in Pa. There are most likely more quad riders in Pa. Lots of the rural areas are loaded with quads (and drunken retards :ermm: ), but bikes get most of the publicity up here.

ProspectorJim
01-14-2009, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by KXRida
Bike vs. quad is a tough call up here in Pa. There are most likely more quad riders in Pa. Lots of the rural areas are loaded with quads (and drunken retards :ermm: ), but bikes get most of the publicity up here.

yea I'd have to agree. Half of my friends ride quads and the other half ride dirtbikes. Apparently according to some of my friends if you ride a two-stroke dirtbike you are a god...:rolleyes:
Even though I've beatin them a couple times around our track at the local riding area.

icepreddy
01-14-2009, 07:19 PM
your right, you dont know, and distance jumps aren't in the x-games anyway and robbie maddison can go screw a kangaroo! crikey mate!!!

Now thats funny right there! LOL:D

feuerstack411
01-14-2009, 08:47 PM

dubai is the most baller city in the world.

rbgnwa45
01-14-2009, 09:31 PM
I love watching the x-games but I'd rather see bikes than quads. Backflips aren't all that anymore. Corrollas , truck drivers, and double backflip tailwhip are the shiz. Eventually someone's going to just do some superman seat grab and nobody will go OOOOO AHHHHH anymore. I don't like it for that reason, and I want to see new names in the lineup, not Pastrana etc. I think the x-games should be split up into categories: flippers and non flippers. Street BMX is definetly the most fun to watch for me!

ProspectorJim
01-14-2009, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by rbgnwa45
I love watching the x-games but I'd rather see bikes than quads. Backflips aren't all that anymore. Corrollas , truck drivers, and double backflip tailwhip are the shiz. Eventually someone's going to just do some superman seat grab and nobody will go OOOOO AHHHHH anymore. I don't like it for that reason, and I want to see new names in the lineup, not Pastrana etc. I think the x-games should be split up into categories: flippers and non flippers. Street BMX is definetly the most fun to watch for me!

I don't think its going to be quad fmx. Since its Doug gust and Chad weinen who have been invited so far.

TrapZ400
01-14-2009, 10:03 PM
Im surprised that there hasnt been a press release on the dubai quad race yet. you would think that they would have a lot of stuff about the race by now seeing how its going to happen in March. Its really hard to find anything about the race online. The only thing i can find is that chad and doug are invited.

Warnerade
01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by feuerstack411
dubai is the most baller city in the world. F'in AY it is haha

thats definately my first choice I wanna hit up for an out of country vacation.