PDA

View Full Version : raptor 700, starting but not running

bansheemorphine
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
My friend has a 700 raptor, and about 3 months ago he took it for a spin and it started running really ****ty. It would cut out and back fire and spit and sputter when he tried to drive it but it would idle fine. It sat for those 3 months and we pulled it out today to try to see what the problem was.

Now it will start and idle for about 5 seconds and then die, if we started it and got on the throttle it would just sputter and back fire for a few seconds or just die. I am assuming it is a fuel issue but as it is efi i have no idea where to start. Any ideas?

RaptorRacer45
01-12-2009, 08:48 PM
Does he have any Intake or Exhaust Mods done? and if so was a fuel programmer installed?

bansheemorphine
01-13-2009, 12:54 PM
bone stock, i think the spark arrester is taken out of the pipe but that has been done since he bought it brand new

tater_kamik
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
i would stick with the kiss principle. try draining the tank and starting with fresh fuel, and a good spark plug. im not familiar with the 700 so i couldnt tell you if it has a fuel filter you should check as well.

scuzz
01-13-2009, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by tater_kamik
i would stick with the kiss principle.

Huh?

bansheemorphine
01-13-2009, 05:54 PM
figured it out, the negative terminal on the battery was loose. So when the bike started the vibrating would make it lose connection thus killing the fuel. pretty stupid haha it works great now

tater_kamik
01-13-2009, 06:51 PM
kiss principle=keep it simple stupid.

good stuff glad ya found the problem. darn efi bikes lol