PDA

View Full Version : Lexx MXe s/o & k&n jetting help

Sprenger
01-12-2009, 02:22 PM
Hello all, I'm Sprenger.
I've been reading these forums for a long time and decided on purchasing a Lexx MXe s/o for my 2006 400ex.

Along with my new slip on, i already have a k&n air filter.

What i need to know for this set up:
-What should my main jet be?
-Any pilot jet changes?
-Needle placement?
-Air mixture screw? about how many turns?

Other info:
-My elevation is around 600-700 ft.
-Mild temperatures, nothing extreme.

I know all you guys know this stuff, I just need your .02.

I'm also planing on gettin the Sparks 6* key later on..How does this perform?

Thanks,
Sprenger

Sprenger
01-12-2009, 08:38 PM
Bump.

Come on guys

Sprenger
01-13-2009, 02:40 PM

Sprenger
01-14-2009, 05:40 PM
Come on guys I could really use your help please

Rkangel7
01-14-2009, 06:57 PM
Any jetting advice I could give you would be speculation as I'm still running a White Bros. But I did ask a similar question a while ago. This may be of some help:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=365479&highlight=lexx+jetting

rcatvrider
01-14-2009, 07:12 PM
If you are still running an air box lid going up one size on the pilot and 1-2 sizes on the main is all you'll need.

Sprenger
01-14-2009, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by rcatvrider
If you are still running an air box lid going up one size on the pilot and 1-2 sizes on the main is all you'll need.

Hey thanks rcatvrider.

So just 1 up for the pilot and 1-2 on the main..I'll try that when my exhaust gets in.
Somethine else- Could i get those jets at my local dealer?

Also.. What have you guys heard about the Sparks 6* key?
What do you guys think about it?

Sprenger
01-14-2009, 08:43 PM
bigredisb

I havent had mine measured yet but I have ridden past the DNR here in Wisconsin wide open and never had them blink a eye. I was a little shocked at the above statement of +1 hiigher than the legal limit. The WI legal limit is 96dba.

2007 400EX, DG Fat Series Nerf Bars, PRM Summit Bumper, DG Baja swingarm skid, Cycra Hand Guards, EHS Airbox Lid, 450R shocks w/works triple rate spings, ITP Baja Rear Wheels, Douglass .190 front wheels, XC Kenda Klaws, air scoops, Uni filter, ground down header welds, Sparks 6* key, lexx MxE pipe, 158 main jet, 40 pilot, needle shimmed, mixture screw stock and a custom greaseable swing arm pviot bolt.

In this guys sig he has the lexx exhaust but he has his needle shimmed.
Will i need to do this? What would he gain from a shimmed needle?

BossHogg420
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
just search the forum there are more than enough threads about jetting and the sparks key

BossHogg420
01-14-2009, 09:21 PM
just search the forum there are more than enough threads about jetting and the sparks key

bigredisb
01-15-2009, 08:37 AM
I do have my needle shimmed but that's only because I had a bad bog when I removed my airbox lid. Go to a 40 pilot and up 1 or 2 on your main. Any Honda dealer should have the jets but remember that Honda uses a shorty pilot and the one you will get from keihin is longer. It works just fine. I am jetted a bit rich for summer but spot on for 10 degree winter riding (and it's -15 today without windchill). The pilot is a bear to change but I change my main in 5 minutes without removing anything but the carb drain plug. I bought a main jet tool for mikuni hex mains and it fits the keihins great. You will like the exhaust!

Sprenger
01-15-2009, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by bigredisb
I do have my needle shimmed but that's only because I had a bad bog when I removed my airbox lid. Go to a 40 pilot and up 1 or 2 on your main. Any Honda dealer should have the jets but remember that Honda uses a shorty pilot and the one you will get from keihin is longer. It works just fine. I am jetted a bit rich for summer but spot on for 10 degree winter riding (and it's -15 today without windchill). The pilot is a bear to change but I change my main in 5 minutes without removing anything but the carb drain plug. I bought a main jet tool for mikuni hex mains and it fits the keihins great. You will like the exhaust!
-----------------------------------------------
Well I just got my exhaust in today from UPS! It shipped really fast. I ordered it Sunday night! haha.

BTW: I got the exhaust for $173.99 on ebay

Ok I'll get those jets some time..

The pipe looks to be very well made. :I'm sure it will sound great.

Thanks again