PDA

View Full Version : utility trailer BEEF UP

dbc112
01-12-2009, 11:57 AM
I have those dinky 8 inch wheels... Havent made any trips yet to scared...

Anyone have experience pulling a 4x6 trailer with the dinky wheels? How did they hold up?

I have been looking around for the largest 4 lug wheels that would fit.. I have seen some forums with civic wheels/tires! Funny..

Any suggestions? I want to go BIG, so I can cruise down the highway at 65-70 mph rather than 45.. .

Dan

gcart2
01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by dbc112
I have those dinky 8 inch wheels... Havent made any trips yet to scared...

Anyone have experience pulling a 4x6 trailer with the dinky wheels? How did they hold up?

I have been looking around for the largest 4 lug wheels that would fit.. I have seen some forums with civic wheels/tires! Funny..

Any suggestions? I want to go BIG, so I can cruise down the highway at 65-70 mph rather than 45.. .

Dan

actually we had one of those trailers 5x8. the little golf cart lookin wheels and all. live in polk county florida (dead center). we took the trailer to georgia and way down south before. about a 4 hour ride there and 4 hours backl. no problem. keep a spare, maybe two.

we would cruise at about 75mph. however we would go as fast as 90mph at times. no probs. ill try to find a picture

gbcap
01-12-2009, 02:21 PM
as long as you keep the bearings greased you should be fine. maybe do it mid trip if you can.

a larger tire will defiantly help. if not look to replace bearings after a while.

dbc112
01-12-2009, 02:39 PM
Thanks everyone.. I have a spare, and the trip is only 1.5 hours... just wanted to be sure they would hold up...

I found some 12 inch rims on northern tool.. I may get that and use the 8 inchers as my spare set...