View Full Version : PAMX ATV Regional Series

mxdad423
01-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Ok, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now and have not come up with any logical reason, so maybe somebody else out there can explain it to me. Why is it that our first scheduled race isn't until June 20? But the Bikes series starts in March, HUMMMM, any answers anybody? Why is it the ATV's have races scheduled in their ATV Regional series on the same dates as several races scheduled duing the State Series? To me it looks like we are getting cut out of alot of races. I hope I'm wrong, so if somebody can correct me, Please do so. Maybe I am really confused.

Kevin Smitley

XXX -rider
01-12-2009, 03:59 PM
..LOL was waiting for post like this...well I was expecting it .
think I'll just watch this one & keep my coments to myself....for
now ..
did you also notice how the tracks who previously used to run "track series races" ..are no longer !!:confused:

etondaddy
01-12-2009, 05:02 PM
Originally posted by mxdad423
Ok, I have been trying to figure this out for a while now and have not come up with any logical reason, so maybe somebody else out there can explain it to me. Why is it that our first scheduled race isn't until June 20? But the Bikes series starts in March, HUMMMM, any answers anybody? Why is it the ATV's have races scheduled in their ATV Regional series on the same dates as several races scheduled duing the State Series? To me it looks like we are getting cut out of alot of races. I hope I'm wrong, so if somebody can correct me, Please do so. Maybe I am really confused.

Kevin Smitley
OK just like they say on Monday Night Countdown on ESPN………come on man……. You better make a eye appointment with the old lady if you can‘t see it. The PAMX quad series has failed…… Cernic is giving it cpr as we speak. The numbers are not there, promoters have lost two much money on the PAMX quad only races there’s just not enough of us. MX bike racing is what side of the bagel that has the cream cheese on it. District four is done district five is soon to follow. I say with in a year or two the only place to race quads will be the ATVA. Unless that other one comes back….what ever it’s name was….. They had up Berkeys. This is it if this doesn’t work it’s over. I talked to Jeff after the banquet at a local tavern to the wee hours and he’s not happy but it’s a business plane and simple nothing personal. Jeff used to race quads he feels for us. Talking to guys like Jay Stein years ago the only place to race quads was the ATVA….and then it got good….now it’s gone bad…….just plane no turn out. First year was ok second year they kept saying…hope it gets better and it didn’t…..Jeff was only going to give it two years now it’s three…….know any good prayers……..lol.

The only thing we can do now is be happy with what we got left....quit bit*hin and show up at the track and hope for the best.

Mike Kozura

Steven623
01-12-2009, 05:50 PM
D-6 isn't getting much better either. 2 of our regular tracks which held quad races all season long ,have changed to one quad only race for the season. Our d-6 series is also 10 races for 09'. I guess they were not getting the turn-outs they needed, but personally I do believe its from scheduling conflicts between other tracks in our district etc... Maybe we will have better turn outs this season at the quad only races? Have to see how it goes?

mxquadracer3
01-12-2009, 05:57 PM
Etondaddy, I have to say that no one could've worded it any better. Just be happy for what we have.

etondaddy
01-12-2009, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by Steven623
D-6 isn't getting much better either. 2 of our regular tracks which held quad races all season long ,have changed to one quad only race for the season. Our d-6 series is also 10 races for 09'. I guess they were not getting the turn-outs they needed, but personally I do believe its from scheduling conflicts between other tracks in our district etc... Maybe we will have better turn outs this season at the quad only races? Have to see how it goes?
All we can do is hope for the best....... and 08' being the worst year the USA has gone through for a long time is not helping. The ones that are still working tend to forget......just watch the network news one night...... only the strong will survive in these bad times.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
01-12-2009, 07:08 PM
OK I just deleted my last 2 posts on this because I swore to myself I was not going to get upset, but I did.
All I am going to say is that believe me my eyes are wide open and I have very good vision, and if my vision is bad then so is alot of other people's.
With that said, all I will say is if the benefits are there, so will be the turnouts, no benefits, no turnouts.
Good luck to everybody in the "09" season, and hope to see everyone in Pell City, AL.

Kevin Smitley

etondaddy
01-12-2009, 07:15 PM
OK I just deleted my last 2 posts on this because I swore to myself I was not going to get upset, but I did.
All I am going to say is that believe me my eyes are wide open and I have very good vision, and if my vision is bad then so is alot of other people's.
With that said, all I will say is if the benefits are there, so will be the turnouts, no benefits, no turnouts.
Good luck to everybody in the "09" season, and hope to see everyone in Pell City, AL.

Kevin Smitley

You have lost your mind my friend. We have gottin more from the PAMX in the last two years than we have gottin in all the years we've raced in D5 and The Full throttle series. What the h*ll's up your a**.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
01-12-2009, 08:31 PM
Ok I deleted another, trying to control my temper here, I am not going to start a war over this, but I am not going to kiss anybody's a** either, thats just not me.
Mike, you know of all people I was totally backing the PAMX, but after this years banquet, I was really dissapointed, especially after seeing the schedule. I just don't see how if you are trying to perform CPR, how loosing 2 months of racing revenue is going to do it. wouldn't you think if your trying to get more turnout and revenue you would start ASAP?
Before you ask whats up my a**, talk to some of the higher class riders and ask them about what they got, then maybe you will see where we are. Just some FYI.

Kevin Smitley

guy310
01-12-2009, 09:24 PM
I don't live in PA but common sense tells you that turnout is better in June than March. If I were gambling my money would be on June for weather also. Times are tough. Let the series be small for the time being and wait out the economy. ATV's are growing fast and some of the fastest riders in the country are coming out of PA. Be patient.

etondaddy
01-13-2009, 05:32 AM
Ok I deleted another, trying to control my temper here, I am not going to start a war over this, but I am not going to kiss anybody's a** either, thats just not me.
Mike, you know of all people I was totally backing the PAMX, but after this years banquet, I was really dissapointed, especially after seeing the schedule. I just don't see how if you are trying to perform CPR, how loosing 2 months of racing revenue is going to do it. wouldn't you think if your trying to get more turnout and revenue you would start ASAP?
Before you ask whats up my a**, talk to some of the higher class riders and ask them about what they got, then maybe you will see where we are. Just some FYI.

Kevin Smitley
That's the thing PAMX quad only races have just about been all losers for the promoters. Trying to have them later in the year....after the nats just might increase rider turn out. We only got about $200.00 less in stuff this year....they can only give to us what the sponsors give to them and 08' was a bad year for them to.
The turn out has dropped since the first race two years ago. Your not going to get a truck load of stuff from the nats neither. What I'm trying to say is were lucky to still have a place to race other than the nats.

We need to continue this in person........your a lot more fun to watch get mad in person......:devil: :devil:

Mike Kozura

dwhst9
01-13-2009, 07:07 AM
Does R&D have kid's quad races throughout the summer?

etondaddy
01-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by dwhst9
Does R&D have kid's quad races throughout the summer?
They did when they were in D5......but now Randy is PAMX....not sure what's going to happen. There will still be youth quad classes....just a matter of what races.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
01-13-2009, 04:21 PM
Yea I am more fun when I get mad in person, wait when have you ever seen me mad?
Now wait a minute, I see what you are saying but think of it this way, the low number turnout was 85 riders, 85 riders at 30.00 eace for entry, 2550.00, each rider gate fee 10.00 is 850.00, each rider is going to bring at leat one person with them, thats anoter 850.00, thats 4250.00 plus consesions and parts sold, so lets make it easy and say 5000.00 for 1 race. 1 race in March, 2 in April, 2 in May, and 2 in June instead of 1, that comes out to 30,000.00 . Now I know it costs money to do the races, but come on I just can't believe leaving 30,000.00 behind is better. but hey maybe thats why I'm a truck driver and not a bussiness man. LOL

Kevin Smitley

etondaddy
01-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Yea I am more fun when I get mad in person, wait when have you ever seen me mad?
Now wait a minute, I see what you are saying but think of it this way, the low number turnout was 85 riders, 85 riders at 30.00 eace for entry, 2550.00, each rider gate fee 10.00 is 850.00, each rider is going to bring at leat one person with them, thats anoter 850.00, thats 4250.00 plus consesions and parts sold, so lets make it easy and say 5000.00 for 1 race. 1 race in March, 2 in April, 2 in May, and 2 in June instead of 1, that comes out to 30,000.00 . Now I know it costs money to do the races, but come on I just can't believe leaving 30,000.00 behind is better. but hey maybe thats why I'm a truck driver and not a bussiness man. LOL

Kevin Smitley
I talked to Kim Little one time and she told me they had to have 100 riders at Westmoreland to break even......I'm sure that's has a-gone up and b-a lot more over head for the Mx tracks. I e-mail Jeff today he's working on more atv races and said he'll get back to me soon.

Mike Kozura

PS: glad to see your panties are untwisted..........:devil:

mxdad423
01-13-2009, 04:39 PM
They are not un-twisted yet. But I will be sure to let you know when they start unwinded.

Kevin Smitley

dwhst9
01-13-2009, 06:38 PM
My son may race in the quad series down at Smithton Hole. They will make a class for kids, unlimited mods, etc. It's definitely and outlaw track, but it looks like it's a good time, it's CHEAP and 20 mins away. As long as he is having fun, that's what matters. Plus, they race under the lights too!

Ryko racing
01-14-2009, 07:05 AM
We are experiencing the same thing in Michigan as our BIG BIKE TRACKS have actually left the District 14 and formed their own promoters group( GLMX.COM). They actually are going to run quads in their program for the every weekend riders, and we have started a ATV STATE CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES WITH 10 RACES FOR POINTS( Michiganquadracing.com)
which run on the same days as bikes because there is no way we could draw enough quads to make it worth while for the promoters.

The only downfall is that they do not run ATVA NATIONAL RULES which is an issue but should be corrected in 2010.

The new promoters group tracks are ALL NATIONAL QUALITY TRACKS and facilities that promote real racing with a family fun atmosphere.

check it out it may be worth the drive.

quad28mom
01-14-2009, 07:00 PM
Hey Mike, your right back in the day... When jay was a young pup, there was alot of quad riders than there is today, the tracks were for who had more motor not as many jumps, now the tracks cater to the bikes and we as (QUAD SCUM) as we are called have to ride bike tracks and how jay see's it is, bike people complain and ***** about us at that tracks taking out their ruts (RUT RATS) and we are considered lower class. who wants to spend money just to go to a track when we really arent welcomed, so turn out is low, but like you mike we are happy to have some tracks to still race. I talked to bobby at R & D their first race is in March, So we can still run d-5 tracks when there is no PAMX races. Jeff is trying to save us got to give him credit, but we need riders who live close in these forums to show up at these races,

ID RATHER BE A BERM BUSTER THAN A RUT RAT!!!

Ryko racing
01-15-2009, 07:04 AM
What our tracks did was pick a certain number of weekends during the season and run the quad series.

It seems to work okay and the turnout is pretty decent and growing.

etondaddy
01-15-2009, 07:08 AM
If the races on the PAMX web site that do not say Spring Series (bike only) and just say GCS sreies are bike and quad.....we have 23 race dates.....I'm hoping that's how it's going to work I e-mail Jeff and he told me it will be posted soon. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Mike Kozura

etondaddy
01-19-2009, 08:36 AM
OK I just got a e-mail from Jeff Cernic and the way it looks ....but not official yet, the quads in the PAMX will have close to twenty race dates this year between the quad only series and the PAMX Grand Championship Series...witch will be bike and quad events..........wow cool beans.......that should help untwist Kevin's panties....lol.

H*ll I can still remember when we were buddys..........:devil:

Mike Kozura
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g278/etondaddy/P9168852.jpg

mxdad423
01-19-2009, 09:24 AM
20 races sounds a h*ll of alot better. Lets clearify something, I didn't start this thread to bash anybody, I just simpily wanted an answer as of why? I have watched the PAMX site since the end of the season. They put the bike schedule up once, but no ATV schedule, then they pulled the bike schedule down, still no ATV schedule, then they put some races up on the calender, but still nothing under series schedule, or series news (bikes or ATV's). That was very confusing, well at least to me it was. If there was something going on, thats understandable but it would of been nice if something would of been posted to let the people know so everyone could get an idea of what was happening. I have supported the PAMX since day one, but was really dissapointed the way this was handled, again not bashing anybody, just thought it could of been handled better, JMO. Go back to my first post in this thread, I don't think I said anything to affend ANYBODY, if I did, it wasn't meant that way.
Now since you seem to have the insite Mike, let me ask you this, you said between the ATV only races and the Grand Championship series, so does that mean that my original hunch was right, we are out of the State Series? No I'm not being a smart a** just wondering because I remember seeing something about a new series a while back but there was never any info posted.
One more thing, I'M CONFUSSED.........:confused: Explain.

Kevin Smitley

etondaddy
01-19-2009, 11:08 AM
As far as the State series gos .......I'm not sure Cernic not telling me everything...but I think it's going to be all right. He should have it all posted soon.

Mike Kozura

mxdad423
01-19-2009, 11:42 AM
What you mean he's not telling you everything, I know better than that, your in the click....:devil: LOL

Kevin Smitley

mxdad423
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
Wait, I like this one better, It looks like I got more hair in this one......

:D

Kevin Smitley

etondaddy
01-19-2009, 12:23 PM
Yea and I don't look as FAT..............:D

Mike Kozura