PDA

View Full Version : United States Importer

ukguy
01-12-2009, 07:03 AM
This is possibly just a first step in a long process i thought here my be as good a place as any at the moment:

We are the main UK importer for AMS (Unison atv in the US) from Taiwan, but after a prolonged period and months of trying to get a race ready bike built it didnt come to fruition, so an alternative route was taken, we have designed and had built our own race ready junior atv in Taiwan, it will come with some of the following items, initially it will be air cooled with a water cooled one to follow:
Anti Vibe Sterring stem
Dual Twin A Arms
Disc Brakes all around
DNM remote resi shocks all around
wide rear axle
Carbon reed valves
24mm Flat slide Carb
alloy wheels
MX TYres
alloy bumper
alloy nerf bars
race exhaust
aluminium nikasil barral
adjustable race clutch
pre mix only
built in kill switch
tranny saver
and a host of other items

i have enclosed a picture of the bike and how it will look but the spec on the new bike will be higher.

we are looking for a sole importer of the bikes and spares in to the USA, we are currently working the final pricing details out but it will be cheaper than either the apex or DRR, also the importer would have to prepare with our help the information for the EPA Certificate, this is only an initial step in the process, if any one has any question or would like any information please dont hesitate

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y45/amberguard/dn100%20race%20bike/Picture030.jpg

this is how generally the bike will look with various items added to upgrade the spec

thanks

wayne

ww228king
01-12-2009, 07:25 AM
After March of this year, it will be only a handfull of ATVs imported to the states. All of China products will be out and just a few of the Taiwanese ATVs will come. If they have been following suit with the (BIG FOUR) with customer saftey guide lines and other business practices not just EPA for the past year or so then they will be good, but as the documents read... you can not import assembled or unassembled ATVs. Just giving you a heads up before you push any harder. And this is from what I have read and understood.
http://edocket.access.gpo.gov/2008/E8-26974.htm

ukguy
01-12-2009, 08:11 AM
Thanks for the heads up i have just emailed them for a copy of the safety standard, i believe the manufacturer does ship other products to the US so maybe they have been applying this already, but it sounds a good idea to me to improve the safety especially where children are concerned.

thanks

airmobile101
01-12-2009, 09:53 AM
Looks like a MK Quark

ukguy
01-12-2009, 10:29 AM
the MK was an AMS bike converted by themselves (MK), this is not an AMS bike but it does look like it.

Logan #34's Dad
01-12-2009, 12:16 PM
I got a few suggestions as far as mx racing here is the US:
Unless the shocks are as good as Elka, Fox, Pep ect. then I would not get into the extra cost for you for those shocks. We'll just tear them off and put them on Ebay. Save yourself a little cash.
Have the cc's as 50 - 70 - 90 (ATVA and most organizations classes)
Get with a tire company like Maxxis and get a more mx tire.
NOW THE BIG ONE: get this quad as light as possible in stock form. IF you could get them to make the same frames, swingarm and a-arms out of 4130 Chromoly steel that has a little more tinsel {sp.} strength than the current metal you'd put the others out of business. JMO
We throw away perfectly good stock equipment to save a couple pounds.
Also, make sure the set up (a-arm mounting locations, swingarm location ect.) is very similar to the current quads over here so that the aftermarket companys can us current jigs. Save us $

Those are just some suggestions I have.

ww228king
01-12-2009, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad
Unless the shocks are as good as Elka, Fox, Pep ect. then I would not get into the extra cost for you for those shocks. We'll just tear them off and put them on Ebay. Save yourself a little cash.
NOW THE BIG ONE: get this quad as light as possible in stock form. IF you could get them to make the same frames, swingarm and a-arms out of 4130 Chromoly steel that has a little more tinsel {sp.} strength than the current metal you'd put the others out of business. JMO
Also, make sure the set up (a-arm mounting locations, swingarm location ect.) is very similar to the current quads over here so that the aftermarket companys can us current jigs. Save us $

Somebody has done thier homework...lol looks like UK guy might have a USA buiness partner..lol
We do throw away a lot of stock stuff and I wonder what a quad would cost with a full chromoly frame, Holeshots, Elkas, XFR nerfs, from the factory with no other bells and whisles like lights and ect. It would have to be built in China or Taiwan for sure... judging by the price of a set of A-arms made over here... the frame woudl be $3000 alone...lol :rolleyes: lol

airmobile101
01-12-2009, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by Logan #34's Dad

I agree with all of it except making it light as possible, then they would charge you more for less:D

ww228king
01-12-2009, 07:17 PM
lol...kinda like 20oz and 2 litter drinks...

ukguy
01-12-2009, 07:23 PM
thanks for the help guys but if we could stick to the topic

skyeryder
01-12-2009, 08:29 PM
what's the dimensions on this quad? That sure looks like a twist throttle?
The dealer show is coming up in Feb, would be a good place to showcase your quad. I live near Indy could help ya with set-up and all to get in show.

nordic quad
01-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Ok lets get realistic here,what ukguy is offering here is a stock race ready ctv mini with just as many of the features found on the Apex and drr,and set up with dnm shockers it will have the best stock shock setup in this price range,the DNM shox is also proving themselves on the new Pitster Pro quad.IMO what we have here is a well equipped base model,with options to suit any level of racing.

01-13-2009, 12:21 PM
What is the base price on that mean looking BEAST. Nice very nice looking.I hope to see them in the USA as it is super nice. Nice work Wayne!!!! Thats great workmanship!!!!

airmobile101
01-13-2009, 12:22 PM
Originally posted by nordic quad
Ok lets get realistic here,what ukguy is offering here is a stock race ready ctv mini with just as many of the features found on the Apex and drr,and set up with dnm shockers it will have the best stock shock setup in this price range,the DNM shox is also proving themselves on the new Pitster Pro quad.IMO what we have here is a well equipped base model,with options to suit any level of racing.
Yea, but what about the support. Im not a fan of DRR,but they apparently have some damn good support.Also, I showed that pic of that thing to my son. He said its ugly. Showed him a pic of a extreme typhoon and a DRX. His response was,"awesome". DRR is pretty much a race quad along with Apex out of the box. The big issue will be the price. What are DNM shocks? DNM = DO NOT MOUNT !!! Just kidding!:D

airmobile101
01-13-2009, 12:43 PM
Also, see if Ozzie at Cycle Imports could help yea. Cycleimports.com

ukguy
01-13-2009, 12:45 PM
uuuum ugly thats a first but hey they may not be every ones cup of tea, if we do get a importer or distributor we will work with them as much as possible one of the keys to success is having the support required to offer the the best solution to your customer, its not easy covering all the bases on here if you have specific questions please feel free to PM me, the spare parts back up and stock will be large as we are trying to keep the parts prices as cheap as possible and pass on the most profit to importer and dealer, thus keeping both focused on customer satisfaction.

nordic quad
01-13-2009, 01:10 PM
It has taken Drx Drr years and wery dedicated dealers to get where they are today,so it comes down to getting a dedicated dealer network under the main importer,and pricing +/- Drr area shold be right on the money.As far as the DNM shox go,riders entering races both on the Super Typhoon and the Pitster quad are saying they performed well,but any shocks are worthless if not set up right.Below is a link to pic of the front end off an earlyer version i think,my son says it looks cool from the front.

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=370712&perpage=13&pagenumber=3

bulldogfallon
01-14-2009, 01:50 PM
This market is already condsider small which is probably why the big four keep their noses out of it.

Another option for buyers is good for sure...competition pushes the other manufacturers to improve..also good

I can't see a product coming in with the way the economy is and being lower priced than a DRR while still offering the same level of support.

Maybe it can be done, but I would need to see it to believe it.

We are loyal to DRR and wouldn't embrace a new model unless the market forced us too....I know some of the other dealers feel the same way, so it may be an uphill battle.

The factories are slow now which means they are less efficient and the prices go up or the factory closes...so your pricing comment is interesting....This would have to be an existing product because the molds and R&D wouldn't make sense to start from scratch for a race only model.

Just my 2 cents

Wish you the best of luck

ukguy
01-14-2009, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by bulldogfallon
This market is already condsider small which is probably why the big four keep their noses out of it.

Another option for buyers is good for sure...competition pushes the other manufacturers to improve..also good

I can't see a product coming in with the way the economy is and being lower priced than a DRR while still offering the same level of support.

Maybe it can be done, but I would need to see it to believe it.

We are loyal to DRR and wouldn't embrace a new model unless the market forced us too....I know some of the other dealers feel the same way, so it may be an uphill battle.

The factories are slow now which means they are less efficient and the prices go up or the factory closes...so your pricing comment is interesting....This would have to be an existing product because the molds and R&D wouldn't make sense to start from scratch for a race only model.

Just my 2 cents

Wish you the best of luck

Mr Fallon your statement has merit, we have been making contacts and buying items from Taiwan for over 3 years and have established some very good contacts i even chat some nights with the sales manager at Access on msn, the guys who make the DRR, we already have items manufactured for us and have great deals with people like Bettella, Polini, stage 6 etc so we thought why not move on to the next stage, the water cooled version which we are testing in the UK and has decimated the opposition this year with the prototype cylinders, even beating the modded cobras, but of course this is the UK, and i wouldnt be so brash as to assume that it will do the same in the USA but time will tell.

initially it will take time to get the set up any where near DRR but that is why we are looking for that special partner who can bring it to that level, the parts prices will be low, i`m sure they will be more than a match for other brands, as to will the expertise we can bring and the contacts we have made, we will impart all the knowledge and contact etc to our importer and dealers, to establish a winning brand, and will be constantly developing products.

i appreciate all comments thanks again Gary

heathmxracing
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
ukguy... Sent you a PM...

gb_proshark
01-18-2009, 07:54 AM
They are brilliant, they are popular in the uk, they are also more reliable than the apex.etc
how about this pic

01-18-2009, 08:45 AM
UKGUY get them over here so I can get one fot 2010 season as it will be awhile before you get them over here. So are you having any luck with importers? Thanks Wayne , Toby

Hanksdad
01-20-2009, 03:09 PM
Hey, just curious why different people post same pic of quad if that is a prototype idea? I'm sure i'm missing something but it is bugging me. Also, wish more development with the thumpers. Might want to consider modding or replacing the bumper. Those open ends though probably not likely could impale someone in an accident don't ya think.

BradLoomis
01-20-2009, 03:22 PM
The quad looks good and all... but does Rath Racing know you ripped off their logo? Or did you get permission to use it?
http://www.cqratv.co.uk/m01.gif

ukguy
01-20-2009, 03:27 PM
thanks for your imput brad the answer is YES did you really have to post that here, was there some thing you hoped to achieve?, i have no doubt your intentions were honorable but you could have just asked by pm, instead of trying to cast aspersions on me, i have had a chat with jennifer rath thanks, i dont have any issue in answering questions about the bike anything else please pm me.

wayne

BradLoomis
01-20-2009, 03:40 PM
No problem! Sorry, just thought I would ask.

I went to your website to take a better look at the quad, and found no other info yet but recognized the logo so I thought I would ask. If you have permission, it should be no big deal if I posted the question. If you didn't have permission, I would understand why you wouldn't want it posted for everyone to see.

Again, I am sorry if I stepped on your toes or put you in an uncomfortable position.

ukguy
01-20-2009, 04:27 PM
not at all Brad i understand you are only looking out for the people you know and have no issue with it at all, i wish people in the UK were a little more thought full of their fellow dealers - retailers, thanks Brad

airmobile101
01-21-2009, 10:39 PM
So, what do you think the base price for this quad will be? I know the MK Quark race quad goes for around $6000.00:eek2:

ukguy
01-22-2009, 02:07 AM
a lot lower than that

airmobile101
01-22-2009, 12:27 PM
Ahhhhhh, Now you have my attention.:D

ukguy
01-22-2009, 01:01 PM
we are working very very closely with suppliers as we have done over the years are getting the bike built to the best standards but with the best price also, we are working on keeing the price below the DRR more will be evident later on.

01-22-2009, 01:06 PM
Hey Wayne are we going to see them? Have you talked with Bob? PM me and give me the heads up. Thanks Wayne, Toby