PDA

View Full Version : When does it end?

cdubbzz
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
hey guys...I picked up a new '07 leftover 400ex ~1 month ago, joined the forum and started buying parts.

First was a UM chassis skid plate and AC Racing swing arm skid. Then my buddy talked me into nerfs (trails/trees/rocks etc) so picked up AC Racing Blackline Pro nerfs.

I went out riding and after 5 hours felt the need for more speed and bought an HMF Sport slip-on, Sparks 6* key/CDI and jet kit. It feels like a whole new quad with a noticeable increase in power!

But now 1st gear seems short so I bought a 15t Renthal front.....and won an auction for a new set of 450R
shocks (rode my buddy's quad with 'em)

My question is "when does the madness end"??????

PS this is a great forum and found a ton of info by searching through the archives!

BossHogg420
01-11-2009, 09:31 PM
IT NEVER ENDS.....GET OUT WHILE U CAN!!!:D jk **** that keep up the life man!

racerdan24
01-11-2009, 09:39 PM
Hi my name is dan....i am an addict......WELCOME TO THE CLUB!

alberto
01-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Its called A.A.D.S. :devil:

MY NAMES ALBERTO AND IM AN ADDICT!!!!!!!!!

Welcome. Dont try to fight you have plenty of support here. We will support you with you addiction.

tri5ron
01-11-2009, 10:53 PM
Welcome to the Forum, the Disease, and the "Club"...

The Disease is called A.A.D.S., which stands for :
Accessory Aquisition Disorder Syndrome

and from the sound of your original post, you've got it bad too...
So Welcome to the Club.

for you to better understand what has now happened to you, simply do a search on A.A.D.S. or AADS. I have explained many times to help people come to grips with their newly realized terminal affliction.
You will find many threads covering A.A.D.S., but here is a link to one of the more recent discussions,....Enjoy, (Then do the search)

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375793&perpage=13&highlight=A.A.D.S.&pagenumber=1

cdubbzz
01-12-2009, 05:51 AM
yep I'm addicted..son of a... ;)

Honda#4
01-12-2009, 06:22 AM
Make sure to take your time and make your A.A.D.S last before life comes and steals your happiness. I'm pretty much done with my A.A.D.S right now cuz of going to school and not having a job so it's pretty much done for me, I havent seen or rode my quad in two months which really sucks but thats life I guess.

stoopidbot
01-12-2009, 06:24 AM
Once you get bit by the upgrade bug, the disease is permanent. I have a TRX450 and a Rhino 700 that are getting all the mods.

shawn3389
01-12-2009, 06:31 AM
man same here there is always something i got to get lol love it hahaha:D

stoopidbot
01-12-2009, 06:38 AM
You know you have it bad when you consider selling your ride to get a new one because you're running out of stuff to upgrade.

cdubbzz
01-12-2009, 06:46 AM
All very true and funny points. My eBay/Paypal accts are on fire ever since I bought this damn thing!

F150 Rider
01-12-2009, 07:07 AM
Welcome to this Awsome forum!! sounds like your hooked on this addiction too!! Good luck with it because it only gets better!

stoopidbot
01-12-2009, 07:15 AM
Originally posted by F150 Rider
Good luck with it because it only gets better! It depends who you are, if you're the one riding the machine then yes, it only gets better. If you're the one that balances the check book and pays the bills...it gets worse!

F150 Rider
01-12-2009, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
It depends who you are, if you're the one riding the machine then yes, it only gets better. If you're the one that balances the check book and pays the bills...it gets worse!

this is so true!!!:)

liex21
01-12-2009, 11:11 AM
rehab is for quiters im never stopping and when theres nothing left to do buy another and do it all over again

DuwBra
01-12-2009, 01:30 PM
Hi my names Duwayne and I to am a sufferer from A.A.D.S.. And I've learned to control my addiction to a certain extent with this method. If you are unable to buy something for it, ride it. If you are unable to ride it, buy something for it. Welcome.

3or4HONDA
01-12-2009, 03:44 PM
i am glad to hear that you have been diagnosed....their are many in your position....and we can only pray that they will NEVER find a cure. if you feel you have no more to buy do NOT do anything irrational or self destructive like sell your machine....we are here to help :devil: WELCOME

cdubbzz
01-12-2009, 04:10 PM
I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting and was handed 3 shots/2 beers and told I was a lightweight LOL

tri5ron
01-12-2009, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by cdubbzz
I feel like I just walked into an AA meeting and was handed 3 shots/2 beers and told I was a lightweight LOL

Your doing fine,...
now just pour them all into a beerbong, close your eyes, and tilt your head back.

I'm sure that this is nothing new to you, I mean look at your sig,...
A 600hp Camaro ???
That Simply Does Not Happen to virgin lightweights.
(you've been down this road before, .....Me thinks)

btw, In the garage, I've got a 600hp smallblock, that turns over 8k, with a 2 barrel carb, and stock exhaust manifolds.
No Bottle, No Pump, No BS.
do a little math on that, and then try to figure out how ???
(I'm thinkin' about dropping it into my 4dr '56 Chebby)

cdubbzz
01-12-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally posted by tri5ron
Your doing fine,...
now just pour them all into a beerbong, close your eyes, and tilt your head back.

I'm sure that this is nothing new to you, I mean look at your sig,...
A 600hp Camaro ???
That Simply Does Not Happen to virgin lightweights.
(you've been down this road before, .....Me thinks)

btw, In the garage, I've got a 600hp smallblock, that turns over 8k, with a 2 barrel carb, and stock exhaust manifolds.
No Bottle, No Pump, No BS.
do a little math on that, and then try to figure out how ???
(I'm thinkin' about dropping it into my 4dr '56 Chebby)

You could say I've been down this road before with the Camaro but I've had the car for 10yrs ('99 w/ a 395ci stroker LS1).
I've only had the quad for a month!!!! Sounds like you got a nice lil 358ci...

2muchquad
01-12-2009, 06:40 PM
if you think thats bad..wait til you go to sell it and get less than a quarter of what you have in it.That'll make you sick to your stomach.Oh well if you dont spend it on quad stuff you'll blow it elsewhere,so you might as well buy something tangible:D welcome aboard.