PDA

View Full Version : Tires

dvx304racer
01-11-2009, 06:55 PM
I need a new set of tires and rims and i was hoping for some advise on which ones to buy. iam going to be racing harescrambles this season and some riding on the days of not races. Any advise would be helpful thanks.

airmobile101
01-11-2009, 07:02 PM
If your gonna run harescrambles, your best bet would be to get 6 ply tires.

288sunny
01-11-2009, 07:42 PM
I just asked kinda the same question, just not sure in the same application, i ride in dirt/clay and sand applications and was told the ITP mud lites SP were a great tire to use and they are 6 ply, plus im sure they will work in mud as well. might be worth looking into.. I hate the fact there are so many different tires on the market hard to make a solid choice!

jonboy
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
Kenda Knarly Klaw HT's I have them and love them. Never had any issues with them.

crixal
01-11-2009, 08:31 PM
itp holeshots xcr hook up really good. it's a very tough tire. they worked great for me on sand, dirt, and mud. great tire.

airmobile101
01-11-2009, 08:43 PM
Yep ,too many choices. I run Kenda Klaw XCR's on the rear and standard Razors in the front. I got a new set of Razor 2's that Im gonna install. I think that will be the last set I buy considering the cost. If your on a budget, I would definately consider Kenda.

dvx304racer
01-12-2009, 06:16 AM
ya actually money plays a major roll and i was looking at the razr2's but their expensive so i'll check out the kenda's does anyone have an idea on rims i'd need them to come in black. I was thinking about the itp ss112 sport rims but they look more like a show rim not one that can take a beaten does anyone know anything about them? Or a better sugestion

stoopidbot
01-12-2009, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by dvx304racer
ya actually money plays a major roll and i was looking at the razr2's but their expensive so i'll check out the kenda's does anyone have an idea on rims i'd need them to come in black. I was thinking about the itp ss112 sport rims but they look more like a show rim not one that can take a beaten does anyone know anything about them? Or a better sugestion Here is a link to some Kenda rears, they are a 6 ply tire. You would have to figure out what size you need/want
http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/KENDA-KNARLY-HT-REAR-TIRE-20x11x9/?catalogId=103674&refine=1&sBrand=Kenda&srchHistoryURL=p3r8ly59||parentCategoryID~264^supe rParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName ~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV%20Parts^subCa tegoryName~Tire%20and%20Wheel^subCategoryID~278@nn i1f6bl||parentCategoryID~278^categoryID~413^catego ryName~Tires@h9yijsbb||refineType~1^sub_attr_name~ Brand^refineValue~Kenda[/url]

Here is a link for some fronts.
http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/KENDA-KLAW-FRONT-TIRE-21x7x10/?catalogId=103668&refine=1&sBrand=Kenda&srchHistoryURL=p3r8ly59||parentCategoryID~264^supe rParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName ~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV%20Parts^subCa tegoryName~Tire%20and%20Wheel^subCategoryID~278@nn i1f6bl||parentCategoryID~278^categoryID~413^catego ryName~Tires@q0uwswtk||refineType~1^sub_attr_name~ Brand^refineValue~Kenda[/url]

The fronts are only 4 ply but you will be fine.

And some good black rims.
http://www.motosport.com/atv/product/ITP-T9-GP-REAR-RIM-9x8-3B5N-BLACK/?prodId=311383&refine=1&sBrand=ITP&srchHistoryURL=pte7xako||parentCategoryID~264^supe rParentCategoryID~category_root^parentCategoryName ~ATV^categoryID~265^categoryName~ATV+Parts^subCate goryName~Tire+and+Wheel^subCategoryID~278%40jy9e9h b2||parentCategoryID~278^categoryID~416^categoryNa me~Wheels%40znxu463w||refineType~1^sub_attr_name~B rand^refineValue~ITP[/url]

Have you considered painting your current rims? save you some bucks.

ceofuller
01-12-2009, 06:52 AM
Kenda klaws or Maxxix Rzr2

stoopidbot
01-12-2009, 06:56 AM
Razr2 all the way. They run about 20-30 bucks more a tire but they are the best tire I have ever ran.

Kendas are a very competitive tire when it comes to performance.

airmobile101
01-12-2009, 09:30 AM
The only thing I don't like about the Kenda Klaw XCR , is they tend to suck when in wet conditons. Meaning, they don't clear too good. Mud starts to pack up in them and its all over for me:D
In the dirt, I think they are awesome. Now, that maybe just because the area's I ride. You can also get the standard Razr rear and front that comes in a 6-ply. As for rims. If on a budget, try to get a used set of ITP baja's. They do come in black. Check the atv parts section. There are some good deals to be had. You can also check C&D RACING or RockymountainATV/MC

airmobile101
01-12-2009, 09:42 AM
Pic of the wheels. I just got done powdercoating the beadlock rings this morning.

dvx304racer
01-12-2009, 01:35 PM
thanks guys for all your help and airmobile those bedlocks look sick

kellymi
01-12-2009, 05:18 PM
If money is an issue look at the GBC tires. They are exactly like the Razr II just cheaper. I ran their X-rex (razr II) in the front and Afterburn in the rear for a couple of races, until I sold my DVX. I absolutely loved these tires and they will be my next set of tires. I know C&D sells them for a good price.

I have found that the Kenda's are a good budget trail riding tire. But when it comes to racing they tend to roll and push too much.

airmobile101
01-12-2009, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by dvx304racer
thanks guys for all your help and airmobile those bedlocks look sick
Im sure after our Feb. 7th race, they will be all scratched up. The course is pretty much ROCK. Southern Missouri sux for tires.

JBacon
01-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Originally posted by kellymi
If money is an issue look at the GBC tires. They are exactly like the Razr II just cheaper. I ran their X-rex (razr II) in the front and Afterburn in the rear for a couple of races, until I sold my DVX. I absolutely loved these tires and they will be my next set of tires. I know C&D sells them for a good price.

I have found that the Kenda's are a good budget trail riding tire. But when it comes to racing they tend to roll and push too much.

GBC actually invented the Razr tire. Look it up, Maxxis kinda took their idea. lol

I'm getting GBC's or Kenda's when I need tires.