PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Buying a Truck

450rcrazy022692
01-11-2009, 06:30 PM
Hey im gunna be turning 17 in a month and getting my license and my parents are getting me a truck. I am really undecided on what to get.

Also ill be buying it new.

I kinda like the Colorado V8...Throw a lowering and body kit,exhaust, intake, tints, rims and tires and thats about it.

Give me suggestions of what truck and mods.

250x_kyle
01-11-2009, 06:53 PM
get a late 80s or early 90s chevy. they are beasts. cheap and easy to mod. and not plastic so if you hit a deer on the road its not totaled

01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
chevy s10 lower it get bags and some nice wheels

S.A.J
01-11-2009, 08:19 PM
colorado has a v8 now? kewl if it does and if money aint an issue get a duramax

stoopidbot
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
Just curious as to why you want to lower a truck?

01-11-2009, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by stoopidbot
Just curious as to why you want to lower a truck?

just buy an el camino its already done lol

CaptainCanuck
01-11-2009, 09:52 PM
Asking what truck we'd recommend is like asking which trucks we own. Guys will just tell you to buy what they have because they own it and it's the best.

If you want to get a better answer, post up what kind of driving you do, what type of body style your looking for (cab size, etc.), if it needs to be 4X4, 2wd, etc. And than maybe someone can recommend a truck thats more suitable for you based on your wants (or needs).

SRH
01-11-2009, 11:22 PM
get a ranger ext cab and drive it awhile...youll get old and say why did i bother doing all that dumb stuff to my vehicle, be practical, its transportation not a rolling circus

scuzz
01-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Get a Tacoma, you will outgrow it (wife, kids and pets, toys etc.) before its craps-out on you.

Crazy lil punk
01-12-2009, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
chevy s10 lower it get bags and some nice wheels

Wow, talk about hyprocrits (sp?) damn..
Besides the fact that they no longer make the s10, so he could not buy a NEW one.

450rcrazy
-The colorado is a sweet truck an easily built into a nasty mini truck, the V8 might be a bit of a gas hog, but I hear they have some good pick-up. Have you looked up pics/info on lowered colorado's? There are some cools ones on s10forum.com

hypersnyper6947
01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by SRH
get a ranger ext cab and drive it awhile...youll get old and say why did i bother doing all that dumb stuff to my vehicle, be practical, its transportation not a rolling circus

Some guys are car/truck guys and some guys are not, i could never leave my vehicles stock, i tried to convince my self to but never could. Every vehicle i have had has had rims or lifted sound system, tvs etc.... When i got my superduty i said i would leave it stock, before i hit 25k miles i was jacked up sitting on 37s with 20in wheels with a system and everything else. Some guys understand and some dont.

Whatever you buy, buy American. The new f-150 looks pretty awesome. If you want to do the mini truck thing the v8 colorado seems like a good idea.

Regular_Joe
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
As a teen your gonna be with friends a lot. Go for something with crew cab and has 4 true doors.

Sjorge450R
01-12-2009, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by Regular_Joe
As a teen your gonna be with friends a lot. Go for something with crew cab and has 4 true doors.

listen to him. I bought a single cab dakota....do i regret it, no. But it would be nice to have the extra room everynow and then. For that, I will just take the rents cars (wrangler, F-150)

Crazy lil punk
01-12-2009, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
listen to him. I bought a single cab dakota....do i regret it, no. But it would be nice to have the extra room everynow and then. For that, I will just take the rents cars (wrangler, F-150)

This is one of the reason I am trading my tricked out s10 for a SER spec-v. 4 people in a single cab is not fun, we only drive around the block.

450rcrazy022692
01-12-2009, 06:25 PM
I am looking into the Silverado, F150, Tundra, Colorado......But i might also be interested in a SUV like a Tahoe.

And as for the driving im going to do with it. I would like a 4wd vehical because of the snow and its just better to have IMO. I will probably do alot of in town and highway driving with minimum off roading. They dont really lease vehicals anymore so i rather not beat on the truck and buy a Wrangler with my own money to off road with.

Right not where i live in NJ the gas aint high so that aint a problem, but i have a feeling its going up soon. So if i get one of the bigger truck ill probably do a small lift like 3" with 33's to save some gas and mainly because my brother has a 08 6" lifted silverado and i try to drive it and i cant cause i feel too high and like im gunna hit the mirrors on trees or other cars.

XCRacer236
01-14-2009, 01:58 PM
if you wanna haul friends, get a SUV with 4 doors. thats what im doin. and i have a trailer for the quad.

L0w3r55
01-14-2009, 02:47 PM
the crew cab 8 cylinder would be an awesome truck, a smaller truck (not that small tho) like that with 300 hp would be awesome, don't know if i'd lower a 4wd tho... although after having a crew cab personally in the family, the seats aren't great and the materials used are so-so. but otherwise, those trucks are sweet especially the sunburst orange (what we had). oh yeah 14 mpg in the city 20-21hwy isn't bad either.

quads14589
01-14-2009, 05:03 PM
dude ur lucky that ur parents are buying you a truck.