PDA

View Full Version : ? on the yfz 450

gmcsonomaex
01-11-2009, 06:02 PM
i just traded a 400ex for a yfz450 and i was woundering how do you tell if there is any internal work done as far as pistons cam and all that with out tearing it apart? and i had a problem with the throttle cable i think when i started it it would run full bore or it wouldnt start. it has an eldebrock carb but a stock cable how do you adjust the cable? plz any info would be a great help so i can get this running right. so far i took the carb off cleaned it and it seem ok it is jetted. i took the plug out put a new one in i charged the battery and i checked the fuses. its been kept a room temp in a garafe so nothing is frozen. anything im missing????

WesDS450X
01-12-2009, 03:06 PM
if your having problems with it, i would open up that motor and take a look around and look at the head, if you kno your heads u should be able to tell how many hours are on it or let somone esle look at it, never hurts to look esp when buying used atvs, had a buddy of mine bought an 04 yfz and he got rod knock a month later=full 3 mill stroker rebuild with yz450f head. for the cable i would just get antoher oem stock throttle cable.