PDA

View Full Version : Do the 525s have overheating problems?

fasterblaster02
01-11-2009, 04:12 PM
It seems that i am reading places that the 525s have coolinig problems. How true is this and are there any easy fixes for it? Has anyone tried running engine ice in it? I am thinking about buying an 09 525 irs and am just checking up on problems i have heard about it.
thanks.

bpjr07
01-11-2009, 04:18 PM
i heard that they may run hot sometime but not overheat..

mostly i think poeple want to run them cooler for performance usually remove the thermostat and add some sort of small inline cooler to it...something about the engine reusues some of the hot water and not fully of the radiator....

GE4x4
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
I've had my temp light come on in the 1st half of a race a couple times. I still raced as I was 2nd in points and still finished with no overheating or even fluid coming out the bottle. I've heard the temp sensor is set low, so mayby that is why my light came on early. Never had any issue with it after either. I know C&D racing has a kit for it to bypass that he says works real well. The 09 I feel will be better anyways as the plastic is much higher around the radiator thus letting the hot air out better. The 08 and older pretty much had the radiator surrounded thus keeping the heat in. Just look at both side shots and you will see.

sheriff525
01-11-2009, 04:59 PM
Also I believe that if it is jetted properly than it should run cooler too. So stock jetting will jave to go.
I am jelous the 09 is awesome

Bobsxlch
01-11-2009, 06:47 PM
How would re-jetting have anything to do with engine temp? Also, I would think removing the thermostat wouldnt help, The hot water needs to stay in the radiator long enough to cool down before it is circulated through the engine.

525Outlaw#55
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
The thermostat was removed and the hose re-routed on mine and the bottom water jacket or w/e you wanna call it was plugged off, definately runs a good bit cooler

birdman7389
01-11-2009, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Bobsxlch
How would re-jetting have anything to do with engine temp?
Engines that run lean, run hot. The Outlaw's come VERY lean from the factory, so properly jetting will let the engine run cooler, not to mention tons better.