PDA

View Full Version : Crashed the truck today

quads14589
01-11-2009, 03:19 PM
Well idk if u would call it a crash but i would, but it was aroudn 6 in the mornin and i had to go otu and plow cus we got aronund 7 inches of snow, so the good old state hadent plowed the highways yet so i was drivin the 350 there 4x4 was on and me and my friend were on our way goin up the ramp to get on really ****ty out all packed snow, so i start to accel to get on from about 25 to 35 easy and the *** end starts to sway so i catch it back tap the brakes a little and thats when the truck swung around on its side started the aim right for a guardrail and i smashed into the guardrail at an angle and im like **** me, so i back the truck out to get it to the side of the highway to get out and call up my mom and **** to tell her what happend, and i get out of the truck to see the damage that was done to the truck, and my truck has the tow hooks in the front end, and thats what hit the guardrail scraped the paint off those and broke mabe a 2 inch peice of plastic from under my bumper, no damage to the bumper or hood whatsoever all damge to the tow hook and already got it checked out and didnt even tweak the frame at all, so lucky that i didnt damge the front end of the truck or get caught for the guardrail that i totaly destroyed lol

hondaking52
01-11-2009, 03:28 PM
lol, you dont have a plow on ur truck?, and wen the rear end starts to kick out, dont use the brake's, just let off the gas, tire's will hook back up...

rbgnwa45
01-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I never liked my dad's 4x4 because when you need to stop it just slides because of the weight. My sunfire had more control in the snow. :o

hondaking52
01-11-2009, 03:33 PM
ya trucks are ok, cars better, jeeps suck!!!!

Sjorge450R
01-11-2009, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by hondaking52

see i liike the wranglers in teh snow. The short wheel base helps with the slipping cause you can grab traction really fast.

bsjoe
01-11-2009, 04:14 PM
Originally posted by quads14589
Well idk if u would call it a crash but i would, but it was aroudn 6 in the mornin and i had to go otu and plow cus we got aronund 7 inches of snow, so the good old state hadent plowed the highways yet so i was drivin the 350 there 4x4 was on and me and my friend were on our way goin up the ramp to get on really ****ty out all packed snow, so i start to accel to get on from about 25 to 35 easy and the *** end starts to sway so i catch it back tap the brakes a little and thats when the truck swung around on its side started the aim right for a guardrail and i smashed into the guardrail at an angle and im like **** me, so i back the truck out to get it to the side of the highway to get out and call up my mom and **** to tell her what happend, and i get out of the truck to see the damage that was done to the truck, and my truck has the tow hooks in the front end, and thats what hit the guardrail scraped the paint off those and broke mabe a 2 inch peice of plastic from under my bumper, no damage to the bumper or hood whatsoever all damge to the tow hook and already got it checked out and didnt even tweak the frame at all, so lucky that i didnt damge the front end of the truck or get caught for the guardrail that i totaly destroyed lol

Good thing that you're alright. The damage is minimal which is a relief.

bsjoe
01-11-2009, 04:15 PM

Oh hell no! :scary:

Jeeps ftw!

hondaking52
01-11-2009, 04:23 PM
ya, jeeps are ok, my moms just went sideways on me 1 time, and i was barely moving, and it was in 4wd

hondaking52
01-11-2009, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by bsjoe
Oh hell no! :scary:

Jeeps ftw! 2WD RANGERS FTW!!!!! haha, it will go anywhere

quads14589
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
ya thats what i should of done but i was goin to fast and they hadent plowed yet so there was no road surface to hook back up onto

coryatver
01-11-2009, 04:31 PM
2WD RANGERS FTW!!!!! haha, it will go anywhere

:eek2: I had a 2wd ranger that thing would get stuck on pavement

quads14589
01-11-2009, 04:33 PM
hahah

coryatver
01-11-2009, 04:37 PM
at least you didn't end up like this guy
http://exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=378267

quads14589
01-11-2009, 04:54 PM
ya ha

hondaking52
01-11-2009, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by coryatver
:eek2: I had a 2wd ranger that thing would get stuck on pavement really? wow mine will go anywhere, its a 92!!, i remember i passed my buds in there 4x4's goin up a hill with it!!!, lmao, good times.

400exrider707
01-12-2009, 04:34 PM
Jeep Wranglers are TERRIBLE in the snow!

I had a 2x4 ranger before and it was much better with a 5spd in the snow than my auto one was. Good tires really make the difference on those too.

Sorry to hear about your 350, hopefully not too expensive to fix. My buddy hit a deer with his 250 a while back, cracked the grill and put a dime size dent in the front bumper (this was at about 50mph after slowing down). Hardly any damage visibly, but $1200 to fix from Ford.... he still has the dent and cracked grill haha.

MOFO
01-12-2009, 04:39 PM
Sorry man, but I could only read the first few lines before my head hurt...trying to decipher the post. :scary:

gcart2
01-12-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
Sorry man, but I could only read the first few lines before my head hurt...trying to decipher the post. :scary:

x2

ridered92
01-12-2009, 04:54 PM
a buddy of mine has a 93? wrangler and he plows with it and loves it

ZeroLogic
01-12-2009, 04:55 PM
I don't know what the hell happened, but driftin in my little truck is fun as hell!:devil:

ridered92
01-12-2009, 04:58 PM
i drift in my f150 and its awesome haha thars the only thing snow is good for

01-12-2009, 05:17 PM

lol, our GC is great in the snow.

The only thing is with the V8, when you jab the gas at all, all 4 wheels start spinning and crabbin sideways from the power.

Jeeps are great drifters too:p

ridered92
01-12-2009, 05:20 PM
my f150 is a v8 too its the 4.6l

Quad18star
01-12-2009, 07:37 PM
Originally posted by MOFO

From what I gather ... it was snowing , he and a buddy went out with his truck to plow ... going up a ramp the truck slid out and hit the guardrail causing minimal damage to the front end.

What I'm still trying to figure out , is how the front end got damaged ( ie his tow hooks and such) if he's got a plow mounted to the front end of the truck. Maybe I missed soemthing , but like you , my head was hurting after the first few lines.

quads14589
01-13-2009, 04:13 AM
lol sorry guys for the 2nd grade writting, i was writting it fast. there wasent a plow on my truck, the tow hooks are the things that saved my life.

bwamos
01-13-2009, 07:31 AM
Originally posted by Sjorge300EX
see i liike the wranglers in teh snow. The short wheel base helps with the slipping cause you can grab traction really fast.

I've never had any issues with my Jeep Wrangler in the snow.

It starts to slip/slide just give it more gas and the part time 4WD will kick in pulling it straight or around the corner. It's kind of the opposite of normal 2wd driving logic and takes a bit of getting used too.

Phugg
01-13-2009, 07:37 AM
Lowered 69 VW Bug FTW .. I lived in snow country for a winter with that thing. I would get up at 5am drive from Grandmas house up to the main road and back. Come back inside , make coffee and a snack and head out to the local Ski area (Dodge Ridge, I'm in Calif). I would ski for the morning and leave around 1pm , start work at a Pizza joint on the way back at 2pm.
The fun part was hearing all the locals THANK ME everytime it snowed. We all know the old bugs are great in snow , and having it lowered to the ground in front meant Insta Snow Plow.

Pipeless416
01-13-2009, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by bwamos
I've never had any issues with my Jeep Wrangler in the snow.

It starts to slip/slide just give it more gas and the part time 4WD will kick in pulling it straight or around the corner. It's kind of the opposite of normal 2wd driving logic and takes a bit of getting used too.

thats what my mom can't quite get used to. its a strange feeling getting on the gas when you start to lose traction around a turn.