PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest place to get K&n oil filter?

adawg89
01-11-2009, 02:41 PM
I was do some googling and found this site selling 400ex oil filter for 3.71 http://www.thehorsepowershop.com/product.php?productid=10070442

Is this site legit? Anyone have any personal experience with this site?

leasureryan
01-11-2009, 03:18 PM
why do you want a K&N oil filter. It does not catch half the junk a paper filter will. Just buy a stock one for $5.95...and protect your motor better

or...spend double on the K&N oil filter, and protect you engine less. You call...but facts are facts

if you think you were going to get some kind pf performance gain from using a K&N oil filter...you are dead wrong

I hate anything K&N makes with a passion.

adawg89
01-11-2009, 03:41 PM
Originally posted by leasureryan
why do you want a K&N oil filter. It does not catch half the junk a paper filter will. Just buy a stock one for $5.95...and protect your motor better

or...spend double on the K&N oil filter, and protect you engine less. You call...but facts are facts

if you think you were going to get some kind pf performance gain from using a K&N oil filter...you are dead wrong

I hate anything K&N makes with a passion.

I actually was going for fram but a lot of people say stay away from fram so I looked into K&N but since you hate it with a passion and everything has to get approved from you I'll just go with fram then :D

Edit: lol you assume I'm going for K&N because performance wise LOL if I was going for performance wise that willl go into the engine like big bore kit porting and all that jazz I was asking a question not asking how much of performance gain I will get. I asked if the site is legit and if anyone purchased something from there before not asking OMG3RZ will I G3T like 50hp gain just using a K&N oil filter???????? Where does it say I asked about performance jackass where????

01-11-2009, 04:03 PM
Most oil filters are the same. The K&N isnt like their air filtersits not the same material or anything. Honda and Fram were said to be the exact same filter just differently badged.

adawg89
01-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally posted by FoxHondaRider
Most oil filters are the same. The K&N isnt like their air filtersits not the same material or anything. Honda and Fram were said to be the exact same filter just differently badged.

What about emgo some other users told me about you can buy them in bulks for cheap on ebay I saw 5 of them for 15 bucks for 400ex Is emgo good also?

buck440
01-11-2009, 08:33 PM
if your going to be so cheap get a reusable oil filter in the long run itd be worth it

adawg89
01-11-2009, 08:40 PM
Actually I decided not to go cheap on the oil filter some people told me to get fram some emgo but IDK which one I was thinking of getting K&N but first person that replied got bent of shape about it.

buck440
01-11-2009, 08:58 PM
its honestly no big deal, just buy one, there problem solved

adawg89
01-11-2009, 09:02 PM
I guess I'll go with emgo or fram ugh still debating on this.

jeepthing07
01-11-2009, 09:11 PM
I only use Hiflofiltro oil filters
http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

adawg89
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
Originally posted by jeepthing07
I only use Hiflofiltro oil filters
http://www.hiflofiltro.com/

Thats in UK I think I just may want to order in USA.

440challenger
01-12-2009, 06:43 AM
please tell me how a K&N oil filter is any different material then a Stock,emgo,frame,hi flo.......?? They all look exactly the same.

Now if it was a paper filter vrs resuable filter..thats different but a k&n is still a paper oil filter. They are overpriced just go with a 113 hiflo or fram from walmart

dirtdigger71
01-12-2009, 07:24 AM
I get K&N (paper) filters at my local shop for under $5. I have ran emgo,fram etc.. for years with no problems. the main thing is change your oil & filter together & change it regularly.
as far as the website I dont know but if you could buy in bulk to cut down shipping it looks to be a decent deal. call them .

adawg89
01-12-2009, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by 440challenger
please tell me how a K&N oil filter is any different material then a Stock,emgo,frame,hi flo.......?? They all look exactly the same.

Now if it was a paper filter vrs resuable filter..thats different but a k&n is still a paper oil filter. They are overpriced just go with a 113 hiflo or fram from walmart

I am I said that in the above replies already.

buck440
01-12-2009, 12:13 PM
since i always pay $13 at my local shop i have to ask but did you say they got them at walmart?

scuzz
01-12-2009, 12:23 PM
Yes, they have Fram 400EX filters at wal-mart. Go to the automotive section and check it out.

adawg89
01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yes, they have Fram 400EX filters at wal-mart. Go to the automotive section and check it out.

Weird I never saw them there before.....

scuzz
01-12-2009, 12:46 PM
Originally posted by adawg89
Weird I never saw them there before.....

Yeah they are in the "motorcycle" section of the filters.

adawg89
01-12-2009, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by scuzz
Yeah they are in the "motorcycle" section of the filters.

Oh.... How much are they? autozone has them for 6 bucks after taxes.

seventythree
02-02-2009, 01:32 AM
I have a FRAM story...I had a 2001 dodge ram 2500 with a cummins. I used FRAM oil filters b/c they were inexpensive. 75 miles from home a loud tick and massive blow by...#6 cly was trashed. Upon teardown I found a piece of filter media clogging the #6 piston cooler/oiler. I opened up the filter case with a big pipe cutter and found multiple defects in the filter. I did some reserch on a number of forums and this was not the first time this has happened. Nowhere could I find it happening with any other brand of filter. No more Fram for me