PDA

View Full Version : Trx450er or outlaw 525?

hoppyflier
01-11-2009, 08:46 AM
I've been out of riding for many years. I was a 250r rider/racer and a diehard Honda man. I've been looking at late model quads. I am torn between a trx450er and an Outlaw525 with the KTM engine. I will be trail riding in Michigan and West Virginia. I am looking for a quad that has great performance, handling and durability. What do you think, what would you recommend and why?

outlaw mxer450
01-11-2009, 09:58 AM
i would go with the 525 s its a great atv ive seen the 525 out run the 450 many times they have foxs shocks from stock and if u want to do a little racing on the side it will do good ever one i ride with as the 450 honda i got the 450 outlaw and all of them was impressed when they road it for the first time i think the outlaws are just set up with better suff then honda from factory

sheriff525
01-11-2009, 01:24 PM
Hey I was just like you two years ago. I used to ride alot as a youth. I raced did trails and rode everyday about 4-5 hours. I left quading for a while and 10 years later when I came back I had the same question.
Now I own a Outlaw 525 IRS and I love it. But I have to say I was looking yesterday at the 09 450R Special Edition and what a beautiful quad. I sat on it and it fit so nicely. If your looking to do any aftermarket add ons and make a full bore racer out of it then the 450r is my suggestion. But if you want a stock machine with lots of power the 525 is awesome. The Straight axle is a good quad and a tonne of fun. I like my IRS! It absoulutly rules in the rough stuff. It is awesome in the sand...although I have never tried a straight axle in the sand.

The honda has a good reputation. If your buying this quad to last you the next 10 years then the honda might be your thing. Low maintainance.

My polaris is good but now that I have had it 1.5 years it is starting to show some signs of wear.
I don't regret the IRS tho

hoppyflier
01-11-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks for the info guys
Sheriff I'm not planning on buying an IRS. Where is your outlaw starting to show signs of wear is that in the IRS itself or the quad overall
I've been looking at 06-08 trx450er to ride aggressively on trails however I'm just trying to learn a bit about them all