PDA

View Full Version : I'm going insane who is the 250r guru ???

mandrewlt250r
01-10-2009, 11:31 PM
ok i just changed my head gasket. I thought that was the problem with my 250r. I'm kicking it and I have spark it wont start it blows a puff or two out the back at the bottom of every kick and feels like the plug isnt firing at the right time i have no idea whats wrong and it gets fuel? is it a timing problem lol or is that a dumb question???

ccdhowell
01-11-2009, 07:32 AM
Dude you need to ask the Dr...Dr Q that is over on another forum.

QR Headquarters Forum (http://www.quadracerhq.com/forum/index.php)

800screws
01-11-2009, 10:18 AM
did u do a compression test or a leak down test....will it start if u try pull starting it? if so, it could be low compression.

take off the flywheel and make sure your timing marks are on...check the manual for the right timing. i know there is a mark on the case that lines up with the stator.

it's getting fuel? do u have strong spark? check out your coil, cdi, and stator with an ohm meter if u can.

electronics going bad, out of time stator, low compression are all culprits.

try a new plug also. and after u checked the timing, try pull starting it.

shawn3389
01-12-2009, 02:12 PM
i had the same prob with mine and the key for the flywheel was broke and the flywheel had moved put a new one in it and it started right yup

LTraptoreatR
01-17-2009, 07:42 AM
Ok this happened to me and I took it to a local shop because I couldn't find the problem. They said the ignition coil was shot. It cost $110 installed. It was odd when it happened too because one minute I was riding then I shut it off so I thought I fouled a plug, I changed it out and it still wouldn't start.

mandrewlt250r
01-19-2009, 08:24 PM
ok so it was the flywheel key got sheered right off thats insane how does that happen???? i would have never guess thanks man i woulda been there for days before i looked at that. thanks again shawn

shawn3389
01-20-2009, 05:53 AM
man no prob i was day messin with mine and what it was was the nut was gettin stripped so i got a new one too and its been good now for a year...........i'm not a guru by any means but i have worked on mine alot and will help when i can.....:)