PDA

View Full Version : Ready to go Banshee Motor

CRE Performance
01-10-2009, 10:11 PM
I have $600 to spend, will paypal funds, need one to the door for $600. Prefer good running stock motor, dont really need carbs but will take them if its inlcuded. Mainly need a complete bottom and top end that runs well. I have external parts and stator ect.. if need. Please PM me what you have.

dabeechman
01-10-2009, 10:44 PM
You realize by the time paypal and UPS takes their cut you'd be getting a complete banshee motor for under 500 dollars which is about half what they typically sell for?

If you find two, let me know lol

01shee
01-10-2009, 10:58 PM
I have one that the kicker is stuck on i can do to your door for 500 with carbs and fmf reeds

CRE Performance
01-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Originally posted by 01shee
I have one that the kicker is stuck on i can do to your door for 500 with carbs and fmf reeds

Why did you take it out? Are you for sure the kicker is stuck and its not locked down or anything? I have a complete bottom end that my students bent a connecting rod trying to remove a siezed/gouged cylinder so I have some kicker parts, but It needs to be a good engine. Lemme know, thanks!

01shee
01-11-2009, 06:52 PM
I bought the bike to part out. I tore the top end off piston rings rods and crank all look good. I never split the case or took the side cover off so i'm not positive why the kicker is stuck

dabeechman
01-12-2009, 06:08 PM
A lot of times the snap ring that holds the D washer on the kicker idler gear comes off and can get lodged between the idler gear and primary gear, or both primary gears. I've seen it tear up some motors pretty bad sometimes. Other times it doesn't hurt it at all...

You should take the cover off and check it out first though before selling.