PDA

View Full Version : project 300

graham300ex
01-10-2009, 07:29 PM
I have a pretty nice 300ex now (will post pics soon) that i would like to dress up a little after im done ice racing it this winter. I plan on putting away about another grand or so for it. The first thing i plan on doing is stripping it down and cleaning everything up. I want to know what the best looking plastic and frame color combo you think there is. Also any other mods you think are worth in investing in. My sig has most the mods but not all the little stuff, like i said i will post pics soon if anyone is interested.

nmaz23
01-12-2009, 05:42 PM
you got some great mods let me know if you wanna sell any haha. but seriously i personally love red on the hondas people say they want something that stands out and all hondas have red but i always think about the saying it dont gotta be red to be fast just gotta be a honda. so i'd say either black frame and a arms black front fenders black rims. then if the hubs arent already red make them red. rear plastics red then just throw some red into it like maybe red clutch or red handlebars maybe a red gas cap know what i mean? if your racin on ice the black and red will look great against the white background. just sit there and stare at your bike and let it come to ya. its your choice im just throwin in suggestions. if your gonna paint the plastics ill tell you what to buy cause i just painted mine

graham300ex
01-12-2009, 08:41 PM
Well i may be getting a yfz450 this summer now so some of the parts may go and i don't know about the build but ill see what happens. I just put risers on it, applied bars 1 1/8in.., brake block off plate, and other various goodies lol. what kind of parts are you looking for maybe i can help.

nmaz23
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
how nice is the g force axle?

graham300ex
01-13-2009, 03:52 PM
there great axles for the price. I've never bent mine and they have lifetime warranty anyways. The only thing that goes wrong is that the chrome starts to wear off after a cuple years. I def reccomend them though. some competitors show that it bends more than other axles but thats not all bad as long as it has good memory. dirtwheels had a review on them and they loved it as well. Can't beat the price of them.

nmaz23
01-14-2009, 04:20 PM
yeah im thinking of getting an asv clutch as well and do you know any other 400ex parts that definately fit on the 300?

graham300ex
01-14-2009, 04:36 PM
haha well theres a lot to list. just look around the forums. THe bumper will fit with washers. the a arms fit. steering stem does if u grind the stops somehow or another. You can get the plastic to fit. I think the afrtermarket airboxes will fit. The carb will fit with a lil hair dryin the boot. Front shocks fit with relocation bracket. Ims heelguards can fit with ims pegs, umm yaaa idk lots of still will haha. Please correct me if im wrong anyone.